Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Hammond B-3-off! Hammond B-3X vs. Galileo 2 - Daveypoo, The Mobile Music Minstrel

Here's the one you've been waiting for - time to get your B3-on!

Comments

• The Leslie on the Hammond kills it.

• I agree - the Leslie is definitely the most defining difference between these two. Hammond B-3X's Leslie is so wonderfully lush.

• Thanks Dave, nice comparison. I’ll stuck with Galileo 2, for my needs it’s more than enough. But if I was a pure keyboardist I would buy the B-3.

• @Faland said:
    Thanks Dave, nice comparison. I’ll stuck with Galileo 2, for my needs it’s more than enough. But if I was a pure keyboardist I would buy the B-3.

Yup - that's really my recommendation here. I think it's fairly clear that Hammond B-3X is the more "authentic" of the two apps, but that price point is really only for the most hardcore of organists.

Thanks for watching, everyone!

• Damn, Dave. That was fun. You had me sticking with Galileo till the end where you couldn’t control yourself and gushed over the B3x. $100 is a lot, but it is very authentic (I wish RC275 could come that close to an acoustic piano) a one time and no inapps.... Syntronik complete, at retail, is almost that. iSymphonic double that for dozens of mediocre sounds (with some very good ones mixed in). So it depends how you look at it. The base sounds you demo in the beginning do sound similar, but the Leslie makes a sharp contrast. Hands down on the B3x. So will I buy it? Still undecided.

Thanks for the vid. Very well done and fun!

• I wonder how Galileo sounds with Eventide Rotary.
    Anyone tried this combo yet?

• @LinearLineman said:
    Damn, Dave. That was fun. You had me sticking with Galileo till the end where you couldn’t control yourself and gushed over the B3x. $100 is a lot, but it is very authentic (I wish RC275 could come that close to an acoustic piano) a one time and no inapps.... Syntronik complete, at retail, is almost that. iSymphonic double that for dozens of mediocre sounds (with some very good ones mixed in). So it depends how you look at it. The base sounds you demo in the beginning do sound similar, but the Leslie makes a sharp contrast. Hands down on the B3x. So will I buy it? Still undecided.

Thanks for the vid. Very well done and fun!

Your welcome! The goal here was not to push anyone over the fence, necessarily, as not everyone is in the market for a $100 Hammond organ app. However, for those considering the jump, I think it's fair to say there's no contest in the Leslie category. I'd love to see IK Multimedia release the Leslie simulator as a separate app - I've always felt that even a half-assed organ can sound much more genuine through a good Leslie, so if that's mainly what Galileo or these others are lacking it could be easily compensated for. And a Leslie-only app could be at a lower price point to attract more of the hobbyist crowd.

I'm glad you guys are liking this one - I took more time than usual putting this one out and I wanted to get it right since I didn't see anyone else doing a straight-up comparison video of these two.

• @rs2000 said:
    I wonder how Galileo sounds with Eventide Rotary.

I have. I like Rotary, but I feel that it's more a special effect than an accurate recreation of a Leslie speaker. Rotary sounds great but it doesn't sound "right" to my ears on an organ. That being said, Rotary is great for other instruments, and it's my current preferred app on iOS for spinning speaker effects for anything other than Hammond.

• I’m buying this... as soon as there is a decent sale >:)

• edited February 2020

@Daveypoo said:

@rs2000 said:
    I wonder how Galileo sounds with Eventide Rotary.

I have. I like Rotary, but I feel that it's more a special effect than an accurate recreation of a Leslie speaker. Rotary sounds great but it doesn't sound "right" to my ears on an organ. That being said, Rotary is great for other instruments, and it's my current preferred app on iOS for spinning speaker effects for anything other than Hammond.

Great, thank you Davey!
    I also have the impression that in the Eventide incarnation, some 'serious beef' is missing.

• Great video @Daveypoo,as always!
    Cheers!

• Thanks @flo26 and @ruggedsmooth - appreciate you watching.

• Thanks for that video, @Daveypoo!

It sounds like B-3X running direct without the rotary effect had a little more bass on it than Galileo which definitely would make a difference once the rotary is turned on. In addition of course you can tweak the main organ sound and the rotary effect in each of these programs to try to get it to sound better to your ear since there isn't just one B3 and Leslie sound as they are all just a little different (I have an A100 and a 122). I see that you tried to match the volume of the two apps but wonder if you also tweaked the main organ sound and the rotary effect at all in order to try to match them up a little better or whether was that as close as you could get them.

• Good'n, thank you. Going to stick with Galileo because it's plenty B3 enough for me but mostly because it does all sorts of other organ like wonders so very well. Sometimes a fella wants a Farfisa. Or a Fun Machine. Or a Sears cheapo transistor jobby through a fuzz pedal.

• Sounds like that Leslie is worth about $99 and IK just tossed in the organ for free. Wow, I could care less about the differences until you turned on the Leslie in the IK app. 🙀

• @Howard said:
    I see that you tried to match the volume of the two apps but wonder if you also tweaked the main organ sound and the rotary effect at all in order to try to match them up a little better or whether was that as close as you could get them.

I did try to get everything as close as I could generally, but at a certain point it just became "that's good enough to illustrate the point."

I am sure that someone who is far more diligent than I could get these to sound closer to each other, but at what point does the end result outweigh the effort/time invested? I got as deep as I would ever go here.

@Hmtx said:
    Sounds like that Leslie is worth about $99 and IK just tossed in the organ for free. Wow, I could care less about the differences until you turned on the Leslie in the IK app. 🙀

And imagine if they offered the Leslie as a separate app?

• Thanks for clarifying that, @Daveypoo.

• Great comparison, I’ll probably stick with Galileo for now but you were right about the nasal quality and the difference when you brought the Leslie in was stark!

• Thanks @PhilW - glad to know others hear what I hear.

• The Leslie is a separate TRacks plugin on desktop. I picked it up in the group buy and it’s one of the picks of the bunch.

• @gusgranite Do you happen to have Blue3 (or the standalone rotary part - Spin) from GG-Audio? Do you know how the IK Leslie compares with that?

I particularly like the Yamaha RA-100 rotary in Spin.

• Wow, I was kind of expecting B-3X to own G2 in every which way but not so. I picked up G2 in a ‘too good to pass up’ sale so perhaps I’m under appreciating it. Very helpful presentation, thanks!

• @qryss said:
    @gusgranite Do you happen to have Blue3 (or the standalone rotary part - Spin) from GG-Audio? Do you know how the IK Leslie compares with that?

I don’t, unfortunately.

• @qryss said:
    @gusgranite Do you happen to have Blue3 (or the standalone rotary part - Spin) from GG-Audio? Do you know how the IK Leslie compares with that?

You can get free demos of both Blue3 and B-3X for Win and Mac.
    Both are easy to install and try, no complicated licensing procedures.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @BCKeys said:
    (Not) completely off-topic : regarding the price of this app, do you think it would be possible to try to negociate IK a special discount for a group purchase ? this is very common a lot on some passionate people forums.

Btw, it would be an idea for others like Cubasis or FabFilters and more expensive apps.

I mean, you can always ask and the worst that they could say is "no"...

• @Daveypoo said:

@BCKeys said:
    (Not) completely off-topic : regarding the price of this app, do you think it would be possible to try to negociate IK a special discount for a group purchase ? this is very common a lot on some passionate people forums.

Btw, it would be an idea for others like Cubasis or FabFilters and more expensive apps.

I mean, you can always ask and the worst that they could say is "no"...

Additionally, IK have regular 50% off sales, I'd be surprised if B-3X won't be included.
    But it can take a while for it to happen.

• That Leslie sounds incredible, that would be cool if they released that effect itself but I’ll probably drop the money for the B3 one of these days

• u so rich i jackin’ yo ipad, yo, load up those civ iap’s, yo!