Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Short Film Poem

edited February 2020 in Creations

Hi all,

I've been putting this piece together over the early part of this year - the graphic layer assets were originally made as a music video for a band who fell out of love with the whole thing just before we finished. Being sometime who hates waste (I'd sunk hundreds of hours into the production at that point) I made a plan to convert it into a short film and after some thought asked a poet friend of he thought there was an existing piece that might suit the visuals. He came up with a few, but after I left him with a Vimeo link, he spontaneously came up with one of his own, which I then (inexpertly it must be said) recorded him reciting. I've now edited it to correct mistakes and insert gaps / space as well as really changed the nature of his voice so that I'm really happy with the overall feel but I think I might need to do more work on the voice in terms of quality and audibility - I was thinking that the 4pockets vocal suite of de-essing and exciter might help but I'm kinda in the dark with that sort of thing so I'm wondering if anyone here has any recommendations?

The piece is still in the edit stage so as such is a bit rough round the edges and badly in need of a 'grade' - the colour equivalent of mastering so view in a dark space / with a bright screen for best impressions...

Sounds made with guitar and Burn's Spectrum gear. Edited in Auria Pro with Crystalline FX and a bit of Jamm Pro for fun at the end...

Thanks for looking if you do,

Chris

Comments

• I think simply lowering the ratio of effects to normal voice would go a long way without messing with more plugins. Or try compression on the uneffected voice so it will be more intelligible when mixed with the effects.

• Thanks @dougdi - probably a sage piece of advice and one that won't cost me any more pennies 😁

Thanks for looking

Chris

• My pleasure, it looks and sounds very cool!

• Cheers, I’m trying to get it done while I’ve no client work to distract me, the start of this year has been a rare opportunity 😁

• I've declared the film done, the link in the first post is updated, enjoy if you can - dark room, good sound recommended - I've had two people I wouldn't expect to be bothered say they were scared, it's not horror but it is moody...

Cheers

Chris

• Brilliant, I am both a film maker and a poet so I appreciate this on all levels. I too hate waste and would have pursued this since you have put such effort into creating the original film. Great atomoshere. Well done.

• Very murky... and good. Excellent Covid-19 atmosphere 😉

• edited February 2020

Thank you @Toastedghost 🙏

Anthony's words really pushed this beyond what I initially envisioned, I actually recorded him reciting it about a year ago and because of client work / a bit of fear, put off starting it in earnest until autumn... Getting back into sound / music really prompted me to step up to the game (which also brought me here - iOS keeps me away from the workstations that I spend most of my working life).

Cheers!

• edited February 2020

And cheers too @LinearLineman - I love me a bit of corvid, used to have a close crow friend who got into the whole gift exchange thing with me - his berries for my kitchen scraps, young in, his folks used to go mad at him whenever they caught him hanging out with me on the flat roof garden thing we had at the time 😁

• @LinearLineman said:
    Very murky... and good. Excellent Covid-19 atmosphere 😉

Pardon my ignorance and googles complete lack of help, but who is Corvid-19? Sounds like I am missing something speciAl here.

• @Toastedghost it's just the official name for the old coronavirus thing 😋

• Der... yes I get it now.