Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• This app is epic @jimpavloff
    Thank you

Now i know that in song mode you can decrease an 8 bar pattern to 7 bars with the shift, and then duplicate that pattern and reduce it to 1 bar to create mutes at the final bar of an 8 bar pattern.
    Just took 129 pages lol.

Thanks for song mode,
    Slicing, midi cc control, trig conditions, ratchet notes, User sample import and wavetable import, custom skin picker, 16/24/32 bit song render, 44.1/48 freq, master limiter, mixer page, shift lock, arp, xy pad, song mode automation sep from pattern, the 202 reverb!, stereo delay menu, the list just goes on.

My fav groovebox of all time has always been Boss Dr202, ive bought several over the years but finally moved onto samplers like the Boss505 after i had a complete drum sample collection from over the years.
    GrooveRider replaces all these for me, not by convinience, but bc of love.

Thanks again Jim!

Dr. Mysterium

• Any recommendations for an xy pad that has the same behaviour as the GR xy pad?

The XY pad for MFX in Grooverider can be triggered with cc102,103 for xy and cc106 for turning it on and off.

So im looking for a xy pad that can send out a cc on touch and release so i can record the xy in Xequence. KB1 and BramBos XY dont support this, or maybe there is a easy solution?

I also posted this question in the Mozaic script thread.

Thank you for any suggestions.

• @tpj said:
    Any recommendations for an xy pad that has the same behaviour as the GR xy pad?

The XY pad for MFX in Grooverider can be triggered with cc102,103 for xy and cc106 for turning it on and off.

So im looking for a xy pad that can send out a cc on touch and release so i can record the xy in Xequence. KB1 and BramBos XY dont support this, or maybe there is a easy solution?

Lemur supports that but i'm not sure if it's a sensible purchase if all you want is an XY pad.
    What about LK from Imaginando?
    Much cheaper and it doubles as an Ableton Live controller and simple standalone MIDI sequencer.

• @rs2000 said:

@tpj said:
    Any recommendations for an xy pad that has the same behaviour as the GR xy pad?

Lemur supports that but i'm not sure if it's a sensible purchase if all you want is an XY pad.
    What about LK from Imaginando?
    Much cheaper and it doubles as an Ableton Live controller and simple standalone MIDI sequencer.

Thanks a lot! LK is an amazing app and exactly what i need.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@vitocorleone123 said:
    So: if I create a sound using the Osc with a slow attack and long release, how do I get it to play for longer than 1/16th so I can actually hear the note play?

You need to extend the length of the note. The easiest way is to live record it. If you program it you need to use the scroll wheel. See the screenshot

How do you show the pads like this? 16 left to right. Cant find a setting that does this.

• @tpj said:
    How do you show the pads like this? 16 left to right. Cant find a setting that does this.

Use an iPhone? ;)

• @tpj said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@vitocorleone123 said:
    So: if I create a sound using the Osc with a slow attack and long release, how do I get it to play for longer than 1/16th so I can actually hear the note play?

You need to extend the length of the note. The easiest way is to live record it. If you program it you need to use the scroll wheel. See the screenshot

That's the phone layout.

• @espiegel123 said:

@tpj said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@vitocorleone123 said:

That's the phone layout.

I see, would be a nice option on bigger screens too, i think for me personally it gives a better view when selecting pads.

• Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I would love to have a stripped-down GR16 sequencer available as an AUv3.

I haven't found any other iOS solution that comes close to the elegance and feature-set of GR16 sequencer

• @drewinnit said:
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I would love to have a stripped-down GR16 sequencer available as an AUv3.

I haven't found any other iOS solution that comes close to the elegance and feature-set of GR16 sequencer

I'd love to have the incredible Wavetable synth as an AUv3 too!

• @drewinnit said:
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I would love to have a stripped-down GR16 sequencer available as an AUv3.

I had the same idea too. A GR1 Sampler/synth/sequencer as auv3 would be perfect.
    All i wish for included is a

audiolayer/reslice type recording feature.

Prev/next sample buttons (midi mappable)

permanent visual sequencer and waveform

• I was waiting to see if this got an AUv3 upgrade but then I realised I would actually just like to give @jimpavloff twenty quid anyway because I love Pure Acid so much.

• edited February 2020

Updated... No, not to Auv3....

Trying to figure what ‘Follow Cursor’ is/does.....?

Edit.. figured it out.. seems to follow the bars on the edit screen...

Thank you..

• edited February 2020

I think the keyboard editor window follows the playing bar count cell movement. (Keyboard editor window moves to next bar as the playhead moves to the next bar)
    But i must also check myself, off to check...

• Auv3 would be cool but I don’t think it’ll happen. Multiout IAA wouldn’t be bad either but with the stem export it’s all good anyway cos I’d rather have audio stems for a bunch of effects

• edited February 2020

@JackDwyerburger said:
    Auv3 would be cool but I don’t think it’ll happen. Multiout IAA wouldn’t be bad either but with the stem export it’s all good anyway cos I’d rather have audio stems for a bunch of effects

Yep, the stem export is solid.. only thing is, you must use GR-16’s instruments (For stem export)... Sometimes you may want to mix it up, some SynthMaster, Troublemaker, etc. Ableton MIDI export would be cool too, GrooveBox does it well, Gadget too..

Still an amazing app.. 🙏

• @RajahP said:

@JackDwyerburger said:
    Auv3 would be cool but I don’t think it’ll happen. Multiout IAA wouldn’t be bad either but with the stem export it’s all good anyway cos I’d rather have audio stems for a bunch of effects

Yep, the stem export is solid.. only thing is, you must use GR-16’s instruments (For stem export)... Sometimes you may want to mix it up, some SynthMaster, Troublemaker, etc. Ableton MIDI export would be cool too, GrooveBox does it well, Gadget too..

Still an amazing app.. 🙏

I mostly use it with samples or I’ll make samples and loops for it but having it more interconnected with everything on iOS would be really awesome

• @RajahP said:

@JackDwyerburger said:

Still an amazing app.. 🙏

Xequence 2 is a fantabulous recorder for GR-16 midi out. I uploaded a template that I use, along with instructions, to patchstorage.com: https://patchstorage.com/xequence-2-grooverider-gr-16-patch/. It’s very easy to turn that around to use with other apps, or play back to GF-16, or a combination of both.

• edited February 2020

@wim said:.

Still an amazing app.. 🙏

Xequence 2 is a fantabulous recorder for GR-16 midi out. I uploaded a template that I use, along with instructions, to patchstorage.com: https://patchstorage.com/xequence-2-grooverider-gr-16-patch/. It’s very easy to turn that around to use with other apps, or play back to GF-16, or a combination of both.

Im shocked that I’m only the 7th person to download this. Thanks for setting this up, it’s wicked!

Ive had both X1 and X2 but always been a little hesitant of the setup. It’s so powerful and deep to have a new line of midi for any parameter you want. I find it a bit daunting, and I’m lazy (especially with all the other simpler options on iOS...Not that much comes close to the feature’s in X2).
    I guess I’m just spoiled with all the instant gratification of having stuff set up for me, and also don’t always want to have to think that much when sitting down to make music. It would be cool if there were more X2 templates that came free with it to show off what it can do. Saying that, I never did try out the Gadget one from the dev.

Seeing this laid out with instructions makes it much easier to understand and may be the gateway to me using X2 much more to capture midi.

Cheers

• Thanks for the kind words. I love the combination of the amazing creative idea generation in GR-16 with the ability to refine, extend, and arrange in X2. Its a great combination.

• @wim said:

@RajahP said:

@JackDwyerburger said:

Still an amazing app.. 🙏

Thanks.. Gave it a shot, ended up reconfiguring for Bluetooth midi on a second device.. (shared it)

Pretty amazing stuff here, Ableton Start/Stop (AUM).. Live Performance recording..

Thanks..

• @RajahP said:

@wim said:

@RajahP said:

@JackDwyerburger said:

Still an amazing app.. 🙏

Thanks.. Gave it a shot, ended up reconfiguring for Bluetooth midi on a second device.. (shared it)

Pretty amazing stuff here, Ableton Start/Stop (AUM).. Live Performance recording..

Thanks..

Sounds cool. Same setup split over 2 iPads? Hows the latency?

• edited February 2020

@no1normal said:

@RajahP said:

@wim said:

@RajahP said:

@JackDwyerburger said:

Still an amazing app.. 🙏

Thanks..

Sounds cool. Same setup split over 2 iPads? Hows the latency?

Did not notice any... I usually get messed up recordings with Drum 'Repeats' over BlueTooth MIDI..

Let me give it a shot ... BRB..

• edited February 2020

Ok.. yes the latency factor with Bluetooth on a second device seems to be an issue..

Can't see why midi recording (Timeline) cannot be implemented... The Jump Button is amazing. Wish a Shift Lock would keep it active so it will jump back in sync...

GR-16 v2...

• Tipp: If you're using Bluetooth MIDI then you better use MIDI clock because GR16 can compensate for latency, it's one of the few apps that support negative latency correction.
    You will also get instant Start/Stop which is a big plus over Ableton LINK Beat-delayed Start/Stop.

• edited February 2020

@rs2000 said:
    Tipp: If you're using Bluetooth MIDI then you better use MIDI clock because GR16 can compensate for latency, it's one of the few apps that support negative latency correction.
    You will also get instant Start/Stop which is a big plus over Ableton LINK Beat-delayed Start/Stop.

Ok... just Ableton Link is so easy to 'set-up'. I also tried Photon Auv3... that seems to be the best solution... but it has its timing issues... An Auv3 Midi recorder is the best go.

• @RajahP said:

@rs2000 said:
    Tipp: If you're using Bluetooth MIDI then you better use MIDI clock because GR16 can compensate for latency, it's one of the few apps that support negative latency correction.

Ok... just Ableton Link is so easy to 'set-up'. I also tried Photon Auv3... that seems to be the best solution... but it has its timing issues... An Auv3 Midi recorder is the best go.

Sorry, I thought the question was about Xequence 2 and GR16.

• @rs2000 said:

@RajahP said:

@rs2000 said:

Sorry, I thought the question was about Xequence 2 and GR16.

It is.. but midi recording from GR-16 in general..

Thanks..😎

• edited March 2020

From the Manual:
    JUMP mode. Allows to immediately change the playback order of pattern steps. Use it to create interesting fills and breaks during live performance. In this mode, every Pad represents a one Step. When pressed, a playback cursor will immediately jump to the corresponding Step. You can hold down Pads to achieve the 16th notes repeating effect. You can also hold several Pads simultaneously, to achieve more complex and interesting conditions. Note, that after you have made a jump, the JUMP button will start to flash. It means, that the Pattern is currently not in sync with its original beat timeline. To get the Pattern back to the original beat sync, just press the flashing JUMP button again and release all the Pads you have been holding.

'Jump mode' seems to be one of the least discussed/acknowledged 'gems of this treasure trove .. GR-16'.

It would be nice to lock the Jump button to 'Re-Sync' to beat. After recording great a midi performance, it's hard to get back in sync, which sends the project completely off for other instruments to sync back with the song...

Maybe Shift Jump to lock..

• @no1normal said:
    I guess I’m just spoiled with all the instant gratification of having stuff set up for me, and also don’t always want to have to think that much when sitting down to make music. It would be cool if there were more X2 templates that came free with it to show off what it can do. Saying that, I never did try out the Gadget one from the dev.

I did make some routing templates (shared it in another thread... can relink them later :lol:)
    No notes or automations... But I mapped some multi-channel apps. AUM, Beathawk, Caustic, Squaresynth, Sunvox, Thumbjam, iM1, iMS20, iPolysix