Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatmaker 3 overriding iPad Pro volume control

Beatmaker 3 is no longer responding to volume control on my iPad Pro, via physical controls or software. I had a small dongle plugged in last night, but I have since restarted twice and it’s still playing at full blast over the internal speakers.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Incredibly frustrated!

Comments

• By restart do you mean fully powering down the iPad and restarting?

@papertiger said:
    Beatmaker 3 is no longer responding to volume control on my iPad Pro, via physical controls or software. I had a small dongle plugged in last night, but I have since restarted twice and it’s still playing at full blast over the internal speakers.

Incredibly frustrated!

• @espiegel123 said:
    By restart do you mean fully powering down the iPad and restarting?

@papertiger said:

Incredibly frustrated!

Yes. Completely powered down and then back up.

This app is killing me. So much potential and when it works it’s amazing, but damn is it temperamental!

• @papertiger said:

@espiegel123 said:
    By restart do you mean fully powering down the iPad and restarting?

@papertiger said:

Incredibly frustrated!

Yes. Completely powered down and then back up.

This app is killing me. So much potential and when it works it’s amazing, but damn is it temperamental!

Weird. I've never run into anything like that. Sounds like it would be worth reporting on the Intua forum if you haven't already.

• edited February 2020

This issue has been reported once before, but unfortunately the user did not give us much information to troubleshoot with. All we know is that it was a 2018 iPad pro that was affected.

Perhaps @papertiger can provide some detail that helps us understand why this very rare (but annoying) bug happens?

https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/44172

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I also run into this issue with N Track and also once with stagelight.
    Stagelight was solved by restarting but No solution fir NTrack

• Yup, happening here too. iPad Pro 2018 12.9”. Thought I was losing my mind at first. Like, “why the hell isn’t the system volume working?”. After some searching I found the thread on the Intua forum. Hopefully this gets resolved. Not good for a few different reasons.

• edited February 2020

Thanks for the suggestions. Some of the proposed solutions did not work, unfortunately.

Really really disappointed, especially considering I spent precious music time setting up my sample library in BM3 when I actually had time for music this weekend.

Tiny iOS tears... :disappointed:

• Also had this fault on iPad 11inch pro
    Running ios13
    Can't remember how I solved it
    Is it mainly a iPad pro fault ?

• If it's happening in multiple hosts and apps, as seems to be the case, then this is not a bm3-specific bug.

All indications, at that stage, is that it's a likely a small hardware (or OS) bug with the 2018 pros.

• Only happened to my iPad pro when I was using bm3 on its own, only happened the once, but only had the iPad pro for about a month, and fitting in noise making between bringing up kids.
    On a positive note, falling back in love with bm3, had some great sessions with no crashes

• @papertiger have you tested with out using any IAA or AU plugins in your sessions? I noticed a bit of bm3 system volume issues when I had some IAA fx on the Master Channel of bm3. Only happened very few times though since I updated to ipadOS/13. I really think its an iOS issue conflicting with bm3 & not a bm3 bug. Hope you get it resolved.

• @stormbeats I have not had the opportunity to try any detailed testing, just the low hanging fruit like restarting and opening and closing other audio apps. Thank you for your suggestion.

• I’ve tried all other apps. Every single one. It’s only BM3 thats doing it for me. Yes, I did a hard reset. I even tried deleting the app and reinstalling it.

On a similar note.... Is there support for Bluetooth audio devices in BM3? Looking to get one of those Kali Audio bluetooth monitor boxes.

Cheers

• @Apex said:
    I’ve tried all other apps. Every single one. It’s only BM3 thats doing it for me. Yes, I did a hard reset. I even tried deleting the app and reinstalling it.

On a similar note.... Is there support for Bluetooth audio devices in BM3? Looking to get one of those Kali Audio bluetooth monitor boxes.

Cheers

I had considered deleting and reinstalling but I didn’t want to have to rebuild my sample library! Thanks for noting it didn’t solve the issue for you! (But I’m sorry it didn’t).

• edited February 2020

@papertiger said:

@Apex said:
    I’ve tried all other apps. Every single one. It’s only BM3 thats doing it for me. Yes, I did a hard reset. I even tried deleting the app and reinstalling it.

Cheers

I had considered deleting and reinstalling but I didn’t want to have to rebuild my sample library! Thanks for noting it didn’t solve the issue for you! (But I’m sorry it didn’t).

I'm not necessarily blaming BM3 for this. Could be any number things. Apple is famous for breaking shit every time they update the OS. So who knows???? Still, it's cramping my style.

• @Apex said:

@papertiger said:

@Apex said:

Cheers

I'm necessarily blaming BM3 for this. Could be any number things. Apple is famous for breaking shit every time they update the OS. So who knows???? Still, it's cramping my style.

Out of curiosity, do you have the problem when headphones are plugged in?

• @espiegel123 said:

@Apex said:

@papertiger said:

@Apex said:

Cheers

I'm necessarily blaming BM3 for this. Could be any number things. Apple is famous for breaking shit every time they update the OS. So who knows???? Still, it's cramping my style.

Out of curiosity, do you have the problem when headphones are plugged in?

Yup. The volume can literally only be changed from BM3 (the channels or the master....And I'm a "leave the master 0" type dude). But, I've put as many man-hours trying to solve this as I'm going to. Gotta move on and make forward progress on actual music. I use an analog console as my final stage anyways when I'm in the studio.....

• I had this same problem with BM3 today. I’m on 2018 iPad Pro 12.9 iOS 13.2.3.

Cubasis 3 was running at the same time and had no issue.

• edited February 2020

I'm having this issue with Cubasis 3.0.1 on an iPad Pro 12.9" 2018 (iOS 13.3.1). Cubasis 2 works fine, as does BM3. This is when using the built in speakers. With the headphones plugged in (lightning to 3.5 mm adapter), Cubasis 3.0.1 also works as expected (= iOS system volume works).