Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video...Moodscaper SE - Special Edition by Rob Jackson

This Special Edition version of Moodscaper give you three new soundpacks to inspire your moods.
Now if you already own Moodscaper then you will already have access to these packs via the Dreadful, Horrible, Nasty, Awful. iTunes File sharing system.

Comments

• Maybe I'm not fully awake yet, but I'm confused by this. Paying for this app is just paying to not have to use iTunes to import the samples which are available for free? And can you not use ifunbox to manage the samples instead of using iTunes?

• @brice said:
    Maybe I'm not fully awake yet, but I'm confused by this. Paying for this app is just paying to not have to use iTunes to import the samples which are available for free? And can you not use ifunbox to manage the samples instead of using iTunes?

Yes you are right, and I'm honestly not sure if you can use iFunbox, I love iFunbox by the way, i have a few demos of using iFunbox, Rob is making it very clear that if you already own Moodscaper then you can get theses via iTunes, but if you want to them change back to another set, off you must go to iTunes or whatever, I personally just think its nice to have the three apps as separate thing sitting on my iPad.

• @thesoundtestroom said:

@brice said:
    Maybe I'm not fully awake yet, but I'm confused by this. Paying for this app is just paying to not have to use iTunes to import the samples which are available for free? And can you not use ifunbox to manage the samples instead of using iTunes?

Yes you are right, and I'm honestly not sure if you can use iFunbox, I love iFunbox by the way, i have a few demos of using iFunbox, Rob is making it very clear that if you already own Moodscaper then you can get theses via iTunes, but if you want to them change back to another set, off you must go to iTunes or whatever, I personally just think its nice to have the three apps as separate thing sitting on my iPad.

Thanks for clarifying, Doug. Makes more sense now from a convenience standpoint.

• @brice said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

@brice said:

Thanks for clarifying, Doug. Makes more sense now from a convenience standpoint.

I think it does too, it was a pain to load up another one soundset, then have go through the whole process again to load another, and Rob is an independent dev and honestly a top man

• @thesoundtestroom said:

@brice said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

@brice said:

I think it does too, it was a pain to load up another one soundset, then have go through the whole process again to load another, and Rob is an independent dev and honestly a top man

I'm not terribly familiar with his apps, but your recommendation goes a long way. I'm wondering, though ...why not just issue an update to the original Moodscaper with these additional sample banks added? Maybe I'm missing part of the equation but it seems that they work just the same in the both versions of Moodscaper, no?

• Can't stand ITunes, and fed up with waiting for long promised connectivity. So have given up.

• Jesus Christ!This app just costs about 3.50 Euros,download it and you got 3 different ...scapers.
    I am sp happy about each new app that is NOT another groovebox.
    Many thanks to the developer of these 3 beautiful sounding apps!!!

• I've used these other Moodscaper sounds and they are quite nice. If you don't have the original app then SE seems like a nice bargain, but for me and my measly few app dollars, I have to save those for something else. I do hope, in time, the developer can bring us more iOS goodies and these scaper apps are brilliant.

Blatant plug: I am really digging the extra video bits that Doug is providing for his Patreons. Regular viewers don't miss anything with app demos, but Patreon viewers get extended coverage with song building stuff and other little goodies...plus some more personal type of vlogs. I encourage everyone to go and join up to support Doug.

• I love the sounds, but can someone clarify, you can't select what key it's playing in? It's just one major and minor?

• edited June 2017

Hey there Doug - many thanks for doing the video, and yes to clarify, from the App Store description:

moodscaper owners - please note

If you already own moodscaper, you can import these sounds into the app via iTunes File Sharing by downloading the sounds from moodscaper.com for free. Moodscaper SE came about after numerous requests for the additional sounds to be made available in a new standalone app. If you already own moodscaper, you probably don't need moodscaper SE ;-)

So, if you do own moodscaper, and have access to a desktop machine that can connect to your iPad or iPhone, I'm more than happy to help you wrestle with iTunes and get those sounds on to your device - just message me via moodscaper.com

Several users have assured me than once you've done it once, it's very easy.

Keys and scales are fixed I'm afraid, but there's of course nothing to stop you creating your own sets of sounds and loading those into moodscaper. I've also helped a few people do that.

Please note that moodscaper is the only version that allows you to load your own sounds.

Also, don't worry - there aren't going to be anymore "flavours" of moodscaper from me for a while as I'm working on a new app. Cheers guys, and thanks again Doug!

• @moodscaper "... I'm working on a new app."

Oh yes! Any hints as to what kind of app, or how different it will be?

• Cool !!
    Rob I'm on iPhone but everyone I go to moodscaper.com all I get is the message page. From where can I download the sound sets? Thanks!

@moodscaper said:
    Hey there Doug - many thanks for doing the video, and yes to clarify, from the App Store description:

moodscaper owners - please note

If you already own moodscaper, you can import these sounds into the app via iTunes File Sharing by downloading the sounds from moodscaper.com for free. Moodscaper SE came about after numerous requests for the additional sounds to be made available in a new standalone app. If you already own moodscaper, you probably don't need moodscaper SE ;-)

So, if you do own moodscaper, and have access to a desktop machine that can connect to your iPad or iPhone, I'm more than happy to help you wrestle with iTunes and get those sounds on to your device - just message me via moodscaper.com

Several users have assured me than once you've done it once, it's very easy.

Keys and scales are fixed I'm afraid, but there's of course nothing to stop you creating your own sets of sounds and loading those into moodscaper. I've also helped a few people do that.

Please note that moodscaper is the only version that allows you to load your own sounds.

Also, don't worry - there aren't going to be anymore "flavours" of moodscaper from me for a while as I'm working on a new app. Cheers guys, and thanks again Doug!

• Getting sounds now :)

• edited June 2017

@MusicMan4Christ - I guess you worked it out, but for anyone else, if you go on the site with a mobile device you don't see the downloads - you need to browse from a desktop Mac / PC, which you're going to need anyway to do the iTunes evil magic.

@TozBourne - Hopefully, it'll be something a bit different, probably not for everyone / the serious iPad musicians, but will hopefully be a lot of fun and will also include a generative music element. That's all I'm willing to say for now :wink:

• So does se have all the options and sounds as the original or is like a light version ?

• @reasOne said:
    So does se have all the options and sounds as the original or is like a light version ?

SE is "special edition" and comes with the 3 sets of sounds Doug demonstrated in his video. To get the original sounds you need to buy the original non-SE version. I bought the original version and then loaded the SE sounds in per the directions above in 2017. Both sets of sounds are brilliant but as noted switching back and forth is a pain in the ass.

• Any updates on another way to load samples into Moodscaper? iTunes is now defunct and File Sharing is a nightmare.