Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MIDI in & out from lightning

edited February 2020 in Support and Feedback

I’m using the Lighning cable to send MIDI to my Macbook and Ableton, I use the MIDI IDAM system, I find it quite reliable (I have an iPad air 2 and bluetooth is not working well).

I’d like to be able to connect a USB keyboard to the iPad but I lack a lightning input of course.
I have a camera kit cable.

How can I go around this?
Would a lightning splitter like this work for both charging + receiving MIDI from the keyboard + sending MIDI to the computer with IDAM?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Just realised I could simply plug my MIDI keyboard to Ableton and route the signal back to the iPad.
    Answering my own question :p

• IPad > camera connection kit > usb cable > usb hub uplink port
    Keyboard > usb hub
    Mac > usb hub

Should work, I think.

• Thanks Wim. Pluging the usb keyboard to the Macbook and having an empty midi track in Ableton which routes midi back to the iPad actually works like a charm, and it's less devices, I travel a lot so this matters :)