Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SunVox Midi + Continua + Aural Journeys (just jamming)

edited February 2020 in App Tips and Tricks

Had some fun tonight getting MidiOut from SunVox and into AUM. Played notes on the LPMK3 and had Continua playing some lovely @Spidericemidas Patches. Really hoping that the dev for SunVox gets MidiOut working in the auv3 version...it will be a nice way to play Clips Live directly in AUM.

Hope this vid makes sense...sorry for lack of voice over and directional text:

Comments

• Humm. Never really thought about that. Record the midi in to patterns, then arrange the patterns for playback as you like. Set up one instance for each loop.

That’s an interesting thought.

• @wim said:
    Humm. Never really thought about that. Record the midi in to patterns, then arrange the patterns for playback as you like. Set up one instance for each loop.

That’s an interesting thought.

That’s exactly what i was thinking today so i thought I’d give it a whirl.

Man, SunVox simply does everything 🤪

• @echoopera said:
    Had some fun tonight getting MidiOut from SunVox and into AUM. Played notes on the LPMK3 and had Continua playing some lovely @Spidericemidas Patches. Really hoping that the dev for SunVox gets MidiOut working in the auv3 version...it will be a nice way to play Clips Live directly in AUM.

That sounds gorgeous! Just what I had in mind for these patches. 😎👍

• @echoopera said:

I’ve put a link to this on Doug’s livestream demo of my Continua presets. Hope more people will find their way to it. It’s a wonderful demonstration of the presets working together. 👊😎

• edited February 2020

Great :)
    Yeah midi out from sunvox AU is the main thing I'm waiting for next, to be able to record into patterns/ arrange then play back in AUM....

• This is the right kind of wizardry! Thanks! :smile: :sunglasses:

• @Carnbot said:
    Great :)
    Yeah midi out from sunvox AU is the main thing I'm waiting for next, to be able to record into patterns/ arrange then play back in AUM....

NightRadio (Mr Zolotov) himself confirmed on FB that midi out for AU is planned...so that’s going to be über cool in AUM.

In the meantime i hope this little sample setup helps people to explore and take advantage of SunVox.

• @Spidericemidas said:

@echoopera said:

I’ve put a link to this on Doug’s livestream demo of my Continua presets. Hope more people will find their way to it. It’s a wonderful demonstration of the presets working together. 👊😎

Awesome. Glad you dig the video because these Patches are the BeezNeez! 👊🏼™️

• @Spidericemidas @danielfromcodalabs @analog_matt

Some more explorations using SunVox and Continua in AUM with the amazing Spidericemidas patches and several L7 loops with a ton of effects:

• Amazing! :wow: :cookie:

• @senhorlampada said:
    Amazing! :wow: :cookie:

Thank you! It's all starting to come together in this track. I'm really happy with it. @Spidericemidas Patches send me on a journey that I never want to end....

• @echoopera said:
    @Spidericemidas @danielfromcodalabs @analog_matt

Some more explorations using SunVox and Continua in AUM with the amazing Spidericemidas patches and several L7 loops with a ton of effects:

OMG! That’s EPIC! Really takes you far out and away! I’m so glad you’re finding a use for the Continua presets. It’s a pleasure hearing them being put to such amazing use! More of this, please! Awesome! 👊😎

• @Spidericemidas said:

@echoopera said:
    @Spidericemidas @danielfromcodalabs @analog_matt

OMG! That’s EPIC! Really takes you far out and away! I’m so glad you’re finding a use for the Continua presets. It’s a pleasure hearing them being put to such amazing use! More of this, please! Awesome! 👊😎

You are far too kind. Glad you enjoyed it and most especially happy that it took you somewhere. Was going for that out of body and into mind flow on this one. Thanks again for the Epic patches...they move me like nothing else...well, maybe except for all your other awesome patches 🤪👊🏼™️

• @Spidericemidas Here's another one from Lunch Time today...using AudioModern Riffer and Playbeat to support 2 instances of Continua with your patches in AUM:

• Wow really enjoying your tracks! What i love so much is that it’s all being done in realtime. I can’t get my brain to work this way. For some reason, i have to work in midi fearing if I don’t i wont be able to edit or make changes Later. But, seeing perhaps what i miss out on accomplishing with your creativity style, makes me want to change my set ways.❤️☝️🙏😌

@echoopera said:
    @Spidericemidas Here's another one from Lunch Time today...using AudioModern Riffer and Playbeat to support 2 instances of Continua with your patches in AUM:

• Gee I adore this site.

Some truly inspiration stuff here - top to bottom - from the gadgets to the sounds to the integration of effects ... just magic folks. A wonderfully collaborative process really.

• @echoopera said:
    @Spidericemidas Here's another one from Lunch Time today...using AudioModern Riffer and Playbeat to support 2 instances of Continua with your patches in AUM:

Lunch Time? Hey, do you work on the iPad on your lunch breaks at work too? I thought I was the only one who did that! Many of these Continua patches were made on my lunch breaks at work! It gets me through the day! At 9am each day I’m already counting the hours and minutes until lunch time when I can get back on my iPad for a precious 45mins and do something I ACTUALLY enjoy and want and NEED to do. Lol.

Another really nice sounding composition. Sounds good with the percussive elements. Awesome work! Are you uploading any of these to Soundcloud where I can follow?

• edited February 2020

@Spidericemidas said:

@echoopera said:

Lunch Time? Hey, do you work on the iPad on your lunch breaks at work too? I thought I was the only one who did that! Many of these Continua patches were made on my lunch breaks at work! It gets me through the day! At 9am each day I’m already counting the hours and minutes until lunch time when I can get back on my iPad for a precious 45mins and do something I ACTUALLY enjoy and want and NEED to do. Lol.

Another really nice sounding composition. Sounds good with the percussive elements. Awesome work! Are you uploading any of these to Soundcloud where I can follow?

Hahaha...you know it. I have about an hour for lunch so i try and squeeze in as much creation time as i can. This one was started because i wanted to make something with a little movement and crunchy percussion...but i wanted it somewhat generative. I've had Riffer and Playbeat for a while, but haven't really used them much, so I thought they'd be perfect for this today.

I try and post everything to my SoundCloud page here:
    https://soundcloud.com/policarpo-wood/tracks

• edited February 2020

@Tones4Christ said:
    Wow really enjoying your tracks! What i love so much is that it’s all being done in realtime. I can’t get my brain to work this way. For some reason, i have to work in midi fearing if I don’t i wont be able to edit or make changes Later. But, seeing perhaps what i miss out on accomplishing with your creativity style, makes me want to change my set ways.❤️☝️🙏😌

@echoopera said:

Thank you. Just lean in to the Spirit within you and he will take you to glorious places my Brother!

• @Soundscaper said:
    Gee I adore this site.

Some truly inspiration stuff here - top to bottom - from the gadgets to the sounds to the integration of effects ... just magic folks. A wonderfully collaborative process really.

Far too kind. Thanks for giving it a listen/viewing. :smile:

• ☝️😌🙏❤️🎹

@echoopera said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    Wow really enjoying your tracks! What i love so much is that it’s all being done in realtime. I can’t get my brain to work this way. For some reason, i have to work in midi fearing if I don’t i wont be able to edit or make changes Later. But, seeing perhaps what i miss out on accomplishing with your creativity style, makes me want to change my set ways.❤️☝️🙏😌

@echoopera said:

Thank you. Just lean in to the Spirit within you and he will take you to glorious places my Brother!

• Had a thought about using StepPolyArp for some Continua goodness and well...15 minutes later, here you go:

• Some more fun today with the amazing @Spidericemidas Patches in Continua:
    Okie dokie. Here’s my first full Song using the MPC ONE and the iPad. This is going to be a lot of fun i feel 😬

Using my new MPC One to sequence everything.

• @echoopera said:
    Some more fun today with the amazing @Spidericemidas Patches in Continua:
    Okie dokie. Here’s my first full Song using the MPC ONE and the iPad. This is going to be a lot of fun i feel 😬

Using my new MPC One to sequence everything.

This sounds very cinematic! Love that glitch beat style! Really enjoyed this one! Didn’t know my patches could sound this good! Love your work! Great stuff! 👊😃🙏

• @echoopera said:
    Had a thought about using StepPolyArp for some Continua goodness and well...15 minutes later, here you go:

That's 15 minutes very well spent! Lovely use of those cascading arped chimes .... Lovely app Step Poly Arp Unit ... and you use it most masterfully.

Note to self: spend some time exploring SPA ... might need more than 15 mins tho.

• @echoopera said:
    Had a thought about using StepPolyArp for some Continua goodness and well...15 minutes later, here you go:

this is great dude!

• edited March 2020

Way too much fun with SunVox and Playbeat and the MPC ONE tonight:

And a vid: