Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Generative sequencer for drum synths.

I started writing songs with BM3. And I'm looking for an AU drum sequencer
Because I’m not good at programming drums with BM3's default piano roll.

I launched Ruismaker FM on a track first (this is nice app) and started rhythm program with piano roll, but I can't keep remembering of which scale was the sound of Ruismaker. (Ableton Live's drum rack was comfortable…)

Please forgive my elementary questions and tell me advice.

I would like to create drum patterns with generative sequencer like Riffer, export it to MIDI and edit on track in DAW.

At this time, Playbeat and Octachron are candidates. But I'm not sure Playbeat can map Ruismaker FM automatically. Octachron seems to have many mapping presets, so probably I can map Ruismaker FM right away, but it doesn't seem to have a pattern randomizer.

Excuses me if my investigation was wrong. But If anyone know nice sequencer for drum synths which Supported automatic mapping and a randomizer, Please recommend to me!

Comments

• @swiperrr said:
    I started writing songs with BM3. And I'm looking for an AU drum sequencer
    Because I’m not good at programming drums with BM3's default piano roll.

I launched Ruismaker FM on a track first (this is nice app) and started rhythm program with piano roll, but I can't keep remembering of which scale was the sound of Ruismaker. (Ableton Live's drum rack was comfortable…)

Please forgive my elementary questions and tell me advice.

I would like to create drum patterns with generative sequencer like Riffer, export it to MIDI and edit on track in DAW.

At this time, Playbeat and Octachron are candidates. But I'm not sure Playbeat can map Ruismaker FM automatically. Octachron seems to have many mapping presets, so probably I can map Ruismaker FM right away, but it doesn't seem to have a pattern randomizer.

Excuses me if my investigation was wrong. But If anyone know nice sequencer for drum synths which Supported automatic mapping and a randomizer, Please recommend to me!

The Rosetta which comes with Ruismaker FM by default is excluded from the candidates. This sequencer is useful, but I'm sorry that I can't edit the pattern I'm generating with my fingers at all. Yes, I know. I'm saying luxury...

• What about rozeta Rhythm?

It has a different way of programming drums and has mutations and randomisation features too.

It is easy to setup polyrhythms so that, say you can have a 7 step hi hat loop over and 8 step snare loop so the patterns evolve over time.

Rozeta also comes with XoX for more standard drum machine style programming.

They also have patterns so you can chain things together for song mode. Or trigger the pattern changes from another sequencer. Lots of possibilities from what appear to be simple tools.

• edited February 2020

I got some quite good results from the Midi-/Beat- Marble Patches for MOZAIC.
    I also mostly suck@drums...

• @klownshed said:
    What about rozeta Rhythm?

It has a different way of programming drums and has mutations and randomisation features too.

It is easy to setup polyrhythms so that, say you can have a 7 step hi hat loop over and 8 step snare loop so the patterns evolve over time.

They also have patterns so you can chain things together for song mode. Or trigger the pattern changes from another sequencer. Lots of possibilities from what appear to be simple tools.

Thank you.

But I'm not good at Rosetta's Euclidean sequencer, as I wrote in the post above.
    The reason is that I can't move notes with my fingers, so I can't make fine adjustments even when I have a good rhythm.

The reason I started making music with iOS is to touch the parameters directly with my finger. Of course, the apps are interesting too.

Also, I use Ripplemaker, but I’m not good at it’s sequencer that looks exactly like Rozeta Bassline. The reason is that the operation to move the note up and down is too fine to do. Also, using a randomizer would change the length of the sequence, so it didn't suit me. I like Riffer when I don't use drums.

However, I’m examining the specs of Rosetta again. Rozeta X0X may be the sequencer I need.

However, it is written on the Apple Store site that Rosetta only supports AUM, Cubasis 2, ApeMatrix, and Sequencism, so I don't know if it will be launched on BM3. Do you know about it?

• @MrBlaschke said:
    I got some quite good results from the Midi-/Beat- Marble Patches for MOZAIC.
    I also mostly suck@drums...

Thank you.

I'm curious what you told me, but I'm just getting started making music for iOS, so I think MOZAIC probably won't work. I’ll remember your advice and try it out if I get a little more used.

• edited February 2020

@swiperrr said:

@klownshed said:

Thank you.

But I'm not good at Rosetta's Euclidean sequencer, as I wrote in the post above.
    The reason is that I can't move notes with my fingers, so I can't make fine adjustments even when I have a good rhythm.

The reason I started making music with iOS is to touch the parameters directly with my finger. Of course, the apps are interesting too.

Also, I use Ripplemaker, but I’m not good at it’s sequencer that looks exactly like Rozeta Bassline. The reason is that the operation to move the note up and down is too fine to do. Also, using a randomizer would change the length of the sequence, so it didn't suit me. I like Riffer when I don't use drums.

However, I’m examining the specs of Rosetta again. Rozeta X0X may be the sequencer I need.

However, it is written on the Apple Store site that Rosetta only supports AUM, Cubasis 2, ApeMatrix, and Sequencism, so I don't know if it will be launched on BM3. Do you know about it?

Ok. I wasn’t sure which one you meant. XOX is perfectly editable even with fat fingers. :-)

It should work fine with BM3.

As for Rhythm, you said you wanted to edit in bm3. Just get the pattern to close to what you want, record it into bm3 then edit it in the piano roll if needed.

The cool thing about using sequencers like rozeta is that you can mix and match.

You could even have just rhythm playing a hi haf whilst xox plays the BD and Snare. Lots of options.

What did you mean by generative? Cos Rhythm generates the beats for you based on your parameters rather than requiring you to program each hit yourself. Hence my suggestion for it. It can generate pattens for you. And with the polyrhythms they evolve nicely.

• @klownshed said:

@swiperrr said:

@klownshed said:

Thank you.

Ok. I wasn’t sure which one you meant. XOX is perfectly editable even with fat fingers. :-)

As for Rhythm, you said you wanted to edit in bm3. Just get the pattern to close to what you want, record it into bm3 then edit it in the piano roll if needed.

The cool thing about using sequencers like rozeta is that you can mix and match.

You could even have just rhythm playing a hi haf whilst xox plays the BD and Snare. Lots of options.

I watched some videos of XOX, and this sequencer may suit me. Thank you again!

• Mozaic Generative Drums = instant drums patch. Or as stated above Rozeta X0X or Rhythm, Mozaic has lots of scope even for a non coder.
    :) .

• @topaz said:
    Poly 2

Thank you. I looked into poly2. This is great.
    Now I’m downloading and trying the free version.

If it can quickly trigger each RuisMaker’s channel individually,
    I shuoul use this cool sequencer.

• @klownshed said:

@swiperrr said:

@klownshed said:

Thank you.

What did you mean by generative? Cos Rhythm generates the beats for you based on your parameters rather than requiring you to program each hit yourself. Hence my suggestion for it. It can generate pattens for you. And with the polyrhythms they evolve nicely.

Generate, as I say, means automatically creating patterns and phrases.

Many Rosetta sequencers have this feature,
    But I would like to use both automatic generation and manual operation at the same time.

So, the workflow you wrote that combines XOX and BM3
    That's the way I wanted. Thank you again.

• @id_23 said:
    Mozaic Generative Drums = instant drums patch. Or as stated above Rozeta X0X or Rhythm, Mozaic has lots of scope even for a non coder.

Thank you. Apparently I need to learn Mozaic quickly.

• @swiperrr said:

@id_23 said:
    Mozaic Generative Drums = instant drums patch. Or as stated above Rozeta X0X or Rhythm, Mozaic has lots of scope even for a non coder.

I use Mozaic a lot and I don’t understand a single line of code.
    Here:
    https://patchstorage.com/platform/mozaic/

you’ll find a lot (and counting) of ready to use patches for almost any needs.

• @Faland said:

@swiperrr said:

@id_23 said:

Here:

!!! it's amazing... Thank you !!!

• @swiperrr said:

@Faland said:

@swiperrr said:

@id_23 said:

Here:

!!! it's amazing... Thank you !!!

You’re welcome! 🤟

• Digisticks also has random generative drums.

• Is there a ptach called Generative Drums? Couldn’t find that one.😁

@id_23 said:

• @id_23 said:

Do you mean the Instant Drums that comes with mozaic already?

• Yep,
    Sorry I talk backwards often.

@senhorlampada said:

@id_23 said:

Do you mean the Instant Drums that comes with mozaic already?

• Hi there it’s called “instant drums” , under the generative subset.
    Sorry for being oblique.

:)

@Tones4Christ said:
    Is there a ptach called Generative Drums? Couldn’t find that one.😁

@id_23 said:

• If you like Riffer then why not just import the samples you like to playbeat? Those two apps pair up very nicely and not hard to make samples of ruismaker drums and import?

• Cool, no worries.😌

@id_23 said:
    Hi there it’s called “instant drums” , under the generative subset.
    Sorry for being oblique.

:)

@Tones4Christ said:
    Is there a ptach called Generative Drums? Couldn’t find that one.😁

@id_23 said:

• @audiblevideo said:
    Digisticks also has random generative drums.

Thank you. I checked DigiStix Drummer. This app looks like a sample based drum machine. I'm looking for a sequencer to trigger RuisMaker efficiently, so this may be a bit too large. But I remember this app:)> @audiblevideo said:

Digisticks also has random generative drums.

Thank you. Is that DigiStix Drummer? If so, I'm looking for a sequencer to trigger RuisMaker efficiently, so it may be a bit too large:)

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    If you like Riffer then why not just import the samples you like to playbeat? Those two apps pair up very nicely and not hard to make samples of ruismaker drums and import?

Thank you. indeed. But I prefer synthesis to sampling for now:)

• If you have Xequence, PolyHymnia is quite good for making drum patterns, and it will automatically use the drum map assigned to the instrument (a multitude of drum maps is included, among them the Ruismakers).

• OMG, I can’t believe I’ve never looked in to this!🤯😁😳

@SevenSystems said:
    If you have Xequence, PolyHymnia is quite good for making drum patterns, and it will automatically use the drum map assigned to the instrument (a multitude of drum maps is included, among them the Ruismakers).

• @Tones4Christ said:
    OMG, I can’t believe I’ve never looked in to this!🤯😁😳

Maybe the menu entry should say "PolyDrumnia" when in drum map mode 😁

@SevenSystems said:
    If you have Xequence, PolyHymnia is quite good for making drum patterns, and it will automatically use the drum map assigned to the instrument (a multitude of drum maps is included, among them the Ruismakers).

• @SevenSystems said:

Thank you. Yes. I have Xequence.
    I've made some melodies with PolyHymnia, but never a rhythm pattern.

So I immediately tried it. However, when I started RuisMaker on BM3 and tried to insert Xequence into a MIDI effect, Xequence could not be selected. Maybe Xequence is an IAA app.

As another method, for example, I launched RuisMaker and Xequence in AUM, called drum map of RuisMaker with Xequence, and used PolyHymnia to automatically generate patterns, but I would like to make rhythm patterns with listening to other synth tracks. For that I have to manually route the MIDs for the other synth tracks as well.

This seems cumbersome to me when compared to BM3 hosted workflow. However, repeating the MIDI export of rhythm patterns generated by PolyHymnia and importing it into BM3 is not efficient for me.

Xequence is the most beautiful sequencer I know, so I'd like to use it well, but unfortunately I haven't done it so far. So I started using BM3.

There are many reasons for this, but one of them is that I'd like to arrange a song using a lot of automations of AU parameter . For that I think it's probably more efficient to launch synth apps in a DAW that acts as an AU host than to do complicated MIDI routing.

But I have just moved from PC-based music production to iOS recently. So I’m looking for better workflow every day.
    Please let me know if you have any comments on the above:)

• edited February 2020

@swiperrr Xequence2 is a MIDI source that runs standalone. Place it at the start of your workflow. I think you can select it as a MIDI source in BM3, but instead I suggest you select BM3 as the MIDI destination in X2.

The config I'm suggesting is similar to X2's sample session for Gadget, where X2 drives Korg Gadget - only in your case it is driving BM3.

I'm a big fan of AUv3, but for some MIDI scenarios I think it is overkill and probably fraught with problems at this bleeding edge stage.

By the way, X2 fully integrates with AB3 as a MIDI Source. In principle, you could host in AB3 using X2 as MIDI Input and BM3 as MIDI Output (destination). But once again, this is likely to fail in practice, and may be overkill.

• @mojozart said:
    @swiperrr Xequence2 is a MIDI source that runs standalone. Place it at the start of your workflow. I think you can select it as a MIDI source in BM3, but instead I suggest you select BM3 as the MIDI destination in X2.

The config I'm suggesting is similar to X2's sample session for Gadget, where X2 drives Korg Gadget - only in your case it is driving BM3.

I'm a big fan of AUv3, but for some MIDI scenarios I think it is overkill and probably fraught with problems at this bleeding edge stage.

By the way, X2 fully integrates with AB3 as a MIDI Source. In principle, you could host in AB3 using X2 as MIDI Input and BM3 as MIDI Output (destination). But once again, this is likely to fail in practice, and may be overkill.

Thank you. Indeed, there are various uses🤔

Using X2, I remember 20 years ago when I was struggling to make music with QY and MPC.

This is a state-of-the-art device really, I'm short on studying😵