Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

An iOS Produced Song?

Yes, me tried a 100 percent iOS bubble gummy song.

Used:
Synthmaster One
Sugar bytes Aparillo
Digistix
PureSynth Platinum
GarageBand iOS
GarageBand “extreme tune” on vocals - not the best but it’s all we have on iOS right now 👀😅

Comments

• Try Voloco for autotune. It's free and does a decent job.

• @Samflash3 said:
    Try Voloco for autotune. It's free and does a decent job.

Never heard of that one...thanks I’ll check it out...though I think I’m about done with the iOS experiment. Desktop is turning out to be less stressful.

• Wow, very nice vibes. Great stuff!

• Very well done man!!!

@realdawei said:

@Samflash3 said:
    Try Voloco for autotune. It's free and does a decent job.

Never heard of that one...thanks I’ll check it out...though I think I’m about done with the iOS experiment. Desktop is turning out to be less stressful.

No wonder when using Garageband - it's supposed to be the "composer for everyone" but as soon as you want to use it like a musician, the head scratching starts :D

• @rs2000 said:
    No wonder when using Garageband - it's supposed to be the "composer for everyone" but as soon as you want to use it like a musician, the head scratching starts :D

And I thought I was the only one who thinks GB iOS is confusing! :D

@realdawei: Good job on this one. Nice tune and good production.

• Good job, good song and good video!

• yes, very good, and definitely one of the best I've seen and heard on these pages, pure joy, thanks

• Awesome stuff! :love:
    btw, @realdawei, have you ever tried iguzheng?
    Maybe you'd dig it too :wink:

• woaaaa, amazing ! Have you done the mastering on iOS too?

• @cuscolima said:
    woaaaa, amazing ! Have you done the mastering on iOS too?

Thanks! And yes I used the fabfilter suite via AUM

• Great song, great production!

• Very very good. I am with you. I try to us GB iOS, but Logic is much easier. The only thing it has going for it is the fact that my computer is a PC tower and not mobile. I usually share in Logic and continue the project (merge audio of any tracks that use an iOS only synth).

iOS is easy to get started. It definitely gets more difficult the more you want to do.

• edited February 2020

@senhorlampada said:
    Awesome stuff! :love:
    btw, @realdawei, have you ever tried iguzheng?
    Maybe you'd dig it too :wink:

Hadn’t even heard of it before your comment. The Guzheng built in GB is pretty darn good though...iguzheng looks like it may have more tonal options...didn’t see AU compatibility though

• @realdawei said:
    Hadn’t even heard of it before your comment. The Guzheng built in GB is pretty darn good though...iguzheng looks like it may have more tonal options...didn’t see AU compatibility though

It's an older app. It has been updated regularly, but just checked it. No inter-app connectivity indeed :disappointed:

Anyway... You rocked it in GB. So why change? :lol:

• @Artj said:

@rs2000 said:

Gracias—though it’s not that I find it confusing just missing some seemingly small things like using AU on sends, timeline looping, markers and AU automation.

Also not many AU vendors test sufficiently on it so it feels like Russian roulette buying a plugin. Digistix for example can’t keep steady time unless it has focus in the GUI. Once it’s backgrounded it gets very choppy (so I have to just print the MIDI earlier than preferred)

• @realdawei said:

@Artj said:

@rs2000 said:

Gracias—though it’s not that I find it confusing just missing some seemingly small things like using AU on sends, timeline looping, markers and AU automation.

Also not many AU vendors test sufficiently on it so it feels like Russian roulette buying a plugin. Digistix for example can’t keep steady time unless it has focus in the GUI. Once it’s backgrounded it gets very choppy (so I have to just print the MIDI earlier than preferred)

Thanks for the info!
    Considering the way you worked it's even more remarkable how well your production turned out. A great example that demonstrates that it's not the apps but what you make of them.

• @realdawei

Great song, great production.

Very cool.

• @kv331audio_bulent said:
    Great song, great production!

Thanks King of iOS 😅 SM1 presets save me every time.

• Wow.that a pretty cool song. Just subscribed to your channel 😊

• edited February 2020

@senhorlampada said:

@realdawei said:

It's an older app. It has been updated regularly, but just checked it. No inter-app connectivity indeed :disappointed:

Anyway... You rocked it in GB. So why change? :lol:

The touch-performance oriented instruments was something I assumed would be widespread in AU. I’m surprised that it’s not happened. There’s only Geoshred and Mononoke AFAIK

But the Erhu, Pipa, Koto and Guzheng in GarageBand are just really delightful. 😄 I’m hoping they add some touch instruments from India next

• @Gravitas said:
    @realdawei

Very cool.

+1
    @realdawei congrats ! Good prod, good clip, well done really ! :)

• @realdawei said:
    I’m hoping they add some touch instruments from India next

:yum: that would be nice!

• Excellent work @realdawei :smile:
    Seems like it ticks all the right boxes for a hit to me!

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Excellent work @realdawei :smile:
    Seems like it ticks all the right boxes for a hit to me!

You’re too kind 😁

@crony said:

@Gravitas said:
    @realdawei

Very cool.

+1
    @realdawei congrats ! Good prod, good clip, well done really ! :)

Thanks @crony The video editing was easier than expected 🎬