Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Open In Samplr issues

Comments

• Open in within loopy no longer has Samplr as destination. Don’t know when it got broken but I’m guessing iOS 13. Still works from twisted wave and AudioShare but doing it while the engine’s running direct loopy -> no longer an option. That didn’t last very long. @Michael, would you know what’s happened?

• @supadom said:
    Open in within loopy no longer has Samplr as destination. Don’t know when it got broken but I’m guessing iOS 13. Still works from twisted wave and AudioShare but doing it while the engine’s running direct loopy -> no longer an option. That didn’t last very long. @Michael, would you know what’s happened?

That's interesting - no, I don't know what's happened there! That's a system component, so it's pretty opaque to me. Do you see other apps in that list?

• @Michael said:

@supadom said:
    Open in within loopy no longer has Samplr as destination. Don’t know when it got broken but I’m guessing iOS 13. Still works from twisted wave and AudioShare but doing it while the engine’s running direct loopy -> no longer an option. That didn’t last very long. @Michael, would you know what’s happened?

That's interesting - no, I don't know what's happened there! That's a system component, so it's pretty opaque to me. Do you see other apps in that list?

When I long press to share and then open in It gives me the usual horizontal list of apps and ‘more’ button at the end. More takes me to editable favourites on top and suggestions at the bottom. In loopy Samplr doesn’t appear in any of the lists. In AudioShare, Twisted Wave and Audio Mastering it does.

It’s weird.

• This could be a potential 'file type' issue since the list is populated mostly by apps that accept the filetype.
    At least *.wav files shared from Files.app show Samplr as an option.

Maybe Loopy uses AIFF or some other format internally that messes up the app association?

• @Samu said:
    This could be a potential 'file type' issue since the list is populated mostly by apps that accept the filetype.

Maybe Loopy uses AIFF or some other format internally that messes up the app association?

Great point. In fact loopy sticks with AIFF which can be read by samplr but samplr doesn’t like them for some reason as I had different behaviours copying/pasting files from/to samplr and WAV came on top. Will investigate further, thanks @Samu

• edited February 2020

I've noticed changes in "open in" since iOs 13 too, some apps missing from the list which used to be accessible, frustrating :)
    But yeah I think it's filetype is what's happening....

• @supadom said:

@Samu said:
    This could be a potential 'file type' issue since the list is populated mostly by apps that accept the filetype.

Great point. In fact loopy sticks with AIFF which can be read by samplr but samplr doesn’t like them for some reason as I had different behaviours copying/pasting files from/to samplr and WAV came on top. Will investigate further, thanks @Samu

Worth reporting to the SamplR dev if it isn't working in new update.

• (Another issue?)

I tried airplaying two files to samplr on another ipad (one 16 bit and one 24 bit) and neither file works properly. Will investigate / describe better later. Later!

• edited February 2020

I've had this problem when Airdropping audio files (WAVs etc) between iOS devices on iOS 13.3. There's no 'open in Audioshare' option and the 'Files' option doesn't actually open the Files app dialogue to provide a save destination. That latter point must be a bug, the former is just annoying.

• edited February 2020

@Carnbot said:
    I've noticed changes in "open in" since iOs 13 too, some apps missing from the list which used to be accessible, frustrating :)

Could it be related to the file type you’re trying to export? Seems like S treats Aiffs and Wavs differently for some reason. Just an idea.

I’ve just tried to export to AudioShare both aiff and wav files and it’s worked fine.

Import wise it imports both formats from AudioShare via open in but for some reason when I try it from loopy it jumps to samplr but sample doesn’t copy.

Edit: just reread your message. So yeah I agree but could it be mono vs stereo rather than format? I’ll go and check.

• Weird, when I open in samplr from loopy I get an empty slot in samplr. When I open the same aiff file from loopy to audioshare and then open in to samplr the file is there!

• @Carnbot said:

Yep, I imagine there's some code that changed with the share sheet.

Have this problem with both Chunky and Marvin as well. I have to move the files to dropbox, and then I can use the dropbox api (with these apps).

The only other approach is a to side load through iTunes or ifunbox-ish apps.

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    I've had this problem when Airdropping audio files (WAVs etc) between iOS devices on iOS 13.3. There's no 'open in Audioshare' option and the 'Files' option doesn't actually open the Files app dialogue to provide a save destination. That latter point must be a bug, the former is just annoying.

The files actually transfer for me when I airdrop and it is just that Samplr does not play them. I have airdropped both 16 and 24 bit files.

• @supadom said:
    Weird, when I open in samplr from loopy I get an empty slot in samplr. When I open the same aiff file from loopy to audioshare and then open in to samplr the file is there!

Yah this is kind of my issue I think.