Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Need cheap/free AU -inf gain/mute plugin

Hey all... As @j_liljedahl AUM's build in gain plugin does not go to -inf it doesn't work as an inline mute... Is there a simple plugin that I'm not aware of that would allow me to bind a midi controller to a mute/-inf gain AU in my FX chain?

Comments

• apeMatrix Gain/Pan and the free RoughRider 3 can go down to -60dB but indeed I'm surprised such a simple thing is hard to find.

• Depending on the number of channels needed (and how many busses you're already using) you could just chain two AUM channels together:

Pre-mute effects added Pre fader on channel 1
    Output Ch 1 to Bus A
    Bus A to input of Ch 2
    Post-mute effects on Ch 2

Now Ch1's controls become your in-line mute.

Not free, but if you have iVCS3, the VCA AU extension does exactly what you want (actual AUv3 mute), plus level, pan and filter controls.

• @aplourde said:

Not free, but if you have iVCS3, the VCA AU extension does exactly what you want (actual AUv3 mute), plus level, pan and filter controls.

Interesting! I’ve always seen those things lurking in my AU lost but never really bothered to check them out! 😁