Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPolysix provides the perfect Synthwave bassline in this Live Jam!

Just wanted to share my latest Funky/Synthwave Live Jam with you.

This time i used iPolysix for the classic 16th bassline (in the second part of the track). It is sequenced by Rozeta in AUM, with note triggered via usb midi from the Nanokey Studio.

Here it is, hope you enjoy!

Comments

• Good stuff!

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Good stuff!

Thank you man!

• @Belibat said:
    Just wanted to share my latest Funky/Synthwave Live Jam with you.

This time i used iPolysix for the classic 16th bassline (in the second part of the track). It is sequenced by Rozeta in AUM, with note triggered via usb midi from the Nanokey Studio.

Here it is, hope you enjoy!

Oh yeah, that’s my jam!

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

Oh yeah, that’s my jam!

Thanks mate!

• Sweeeet! But where is that “crotch cam” located lol? I saw you feet and was like, huh!? How’d he do dat?!
    Dope track

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

Nice! Very inspiring. You and @supadom are tearing it up with the live jams and are totally motivating me to work on my live looping and performing chops.

What are you using as a looper for the guitar and bass parts?

• Very cool and you’re right about that bass line!

• edited February 2020

@wim said:
    Nice! Very inspiring. You and @supadom are tearing it up with the live jams and are totally motivating me to work on my live looping and performing chops.

Ableton Live, and you don't even need a Push 2, a cheapo Launchpad Mini would be enough 😉

• Very nice !
    Also love how you slap the bass :smiley:

• Very nice!

• @cuezaireekaa said:
    Sweeeet! But where is that “crotch cam” located lol? I saw you feet and was like, huh!? How’d he do dat?!
    Dope track

Thanks man! About the crotch cam, well that’s the only thing i don’t record live. I mean the video clips. I just record that small clips later and then put it together with the full video. I do it to let watchers understand what is going on under the table during the jam :smile:
    To do it live i would need a spare camera and lighting system just for pedals. Maybe in the future :wink:
    Thanks for asking!

• @rs2000 said:

@wim said:

Ableton Live, and you don't even need a Push 2, a cheapo Launchpad Mini would be enough 😉

I Agree! You could also use the Touchable Pro iOs app to control Ableton. A lot cheaper than the launchpad and with plenty of features.

• @Belibat said:

@rs2000 said:

@wim said:

I Agree! You could also use the Touchable Pro iOs app to control Ableton. A lot cheaper than the launchpad and a lot more features.

• @branis said:
    Very nice!

Thanks dude!

• @gregsmith said:
    Very cool and you’re right about that bass line!

Yeah, that iPolysix bass.. instant 80s! :smiley:

• @crony said:
    Very nice !

Thanks man! I was not too sure about the slap bass line until the end. I thought it was too much. I’m glad you enjoyed it! :wink:

• @Belibat said:

@crony said:
    Very nice !

Thanks man! I was not too sure about the slap bass line until the end. I thought it was too much. I’m glad you enjoyed it! :wink:

I like the slapped bass much better than the iPolysix line but I guess I'm just old school :D

• @Belibat said:

@rs2000 said:

@wim said:

I Agree! You could also use the Touchable Pro iOs app to control Ableton. A lot cheaper than the launchpad and with plenty of features.

Are you actually using it?
    Feature-wise it's unbeatable but I found it quite un-intuitive, had to read the manual more than using the app... Now using Imaginando LK and Lemur+Livecontrol2.

• This is awesome. Such fun setup.

• @rs2000 said:

@Belibat said:

@crony said:
    Very nice !

I like the slapped bass much better than the iPolysix line but I guess I'm just old school :D

So kind of you. By the way, the old school could be the right school when we talk about 80s sounding productions 😄

• @Belibat said:

@rs2000 said:

@Belibat said:

@crony said:
    Very nice !

So kind of you. By the way, the old school could be the right school when we talk about 80s sounding productions 😄

Hehe, I thought about 70s slap bass and 80s synth sounds but all good 🤗

• @rs2000 said:

@Belibat said:

@rs2000 said:

@wim said:

Are you actually using it?
    Feature-wise it's unbeatable but I found it quite un-intuitive, had to read the manual more than using the app... Now using Imaginando LK and Lemur+Livecontrol2.

I use it when i don’t have push at hand and i feel confortable. But i wont use the deepest features.
    Lemur is stil one of my favorite apps overall. I use it on the iphone also.

• @yaknepper said:
    This is awesome. Such fun setup.

Thanks mate! If you’d like more info about the setup you can find it in the youtube video description! 😉👍

• @wim said:

Thanks @wim

I think in the end it is about finding a workflow that works for you and building muscle memory around it.

I find 5 apps and novation circuit plenty enough to create anything I could wish for. Appstore would go bust if everybody had my buying habits ;)

GAS is pushing me to dream of things to add on but this complicates things immensely it terms of audio routes, power, preset recall etc etc, especially if set up is not stationary.

Nice one @Belibat

Just add a vocoder = instant Daft Punk!

• @supadom said:

@wim said:

Thanks @wim

I think in the end it is about finding a workflow that works for you and building muscle memory around it.

I find 5 apps and novation circuit plenty enough to create anything I could wish for. Appstore would go bust if everybody had my buying habits ;)

GAS is pushing me to dream of things to add on but this complicates things immensely it terms of audio routes, power, preset recall etc etc, especially if set up is not stationary.

Nice one @Belibat

Just add a vocoder = instant Daft Punk!

Thank you soo much! Congratulations for your jams too. I watched and liked :wink:

About setup, you are definitely right. Most important thing is to know very well your system. About gear acquisition i can say that sometimes, acquiring a new piece of gear or integrating something new can give a boost in enthusiasm and creativity. Not everytime though.

• This is so nice! Thanks for sharing.

• @DrRinkel said:
    This is so nice! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for watching! 😉

• @Belibat said:

@DrRinkel said:
    This is so nice! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for watching! 😉

Most excellent !

• @Belibat good work. You need a Michael Mann remake to score. Very impressive mate.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @Belibat good work. You need a Michael Mann remake to score. Very impressive mate.

So king of you, thanks! Scoring a movie would be a dream come true 👍😄