Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moving presets to caustic 3 (Solved)

edited February 2020 in Support and Feedback

I am trying to download some presets from the caustic website onto my iPad and trying to move it to caustic folder. I tried the file app, Documents and AudioShare without succès. Some are zipped to complicate the matter even more.

What is the magic formula?

Comments

• Just use Open In. Caustic will be one of your choices.

• It works with a single preset. But a zip file with presets, ido not get Caustic as one of the choices to open in.

• Well I figured it out. I used Documents to open and download the zip file.

The I started Caustic FTP server and from Documents , added a connection to caustic FTP server to upload the file.

Man ! iOS can be a pain.

• @ecou said:
    Well I figured it out. I used Documents to open and download the zip file.

The I started Caustic FTP server and from Documents , added a connection to caustic FTP server to upload the file.

Man ! iOS can be a pain.

Once you have Documents set up it’s easy. It’s not an iOS thing. Don’t forget that Caustic was originally an Android app and didn’t get ported to iOS until version 3. With Documents in the loop you’re all set. I would’ve mentioned it in the first place if I’d thought of it.

• I do have Caustic on my Android phone. It is very easy on Android to unzip files and move them to the right folder.

• @ecou said:
    I do have Caustic on my Android phone. It is very easy on Android to unzip files and move them to the right folder.

My point is that Caustic is not at its foundation an iOS app.

NanoStudio 2, which is, allows you to drop in a zip of files that can be anything from samples to Obsidian and Slate presets and it will put everything in the right place. Most other iOS apps allow similar functions.

That kind of functionality was not built in to the Caustic iOS app by its dev. It would be nice if the Caustic dev updated the iOS version but I doubt we’ll see that happen. IMHO NanoStudio 2 and Caustic are among the best for workflow on iOS.

• Caustic is one of the most underrated music production apps in the AppStore.
    Gadget is the opposite.

• @jolico said:
    Caustic is one of the most underrated music production apps in the AppStore.
    Gadget is the opposite.

Caustic is cool, always reminded me of the former Synapse Orion for Windows.
    I like the modular synth and the Sunrizer clone B)
    Doesn't sync with others though and can't handle sliced loops so I moved to Gadget and never looked back, my #1 composition software now.

• @rs2000 said:

@jolico said:
    Gadget is the opposite.

Doesn't sync with others though and can't handle sliced loops so I moved to Gadget and never looked back, my #1 composition software now.

Orion was my first DAW. I always enjoyed it and as you said Caustic reminded me of Orion work flow.

I really enjoy each modules having its own set of midi sequence.

• @ecou said:

@rs2000 said:

@jolico said:
    Gadget is the opposite.

Orion was my first DAW. I always enjoyed it and as you said Caustic reminded me of Orion work flow.

Absolutely, maybe that's why I'm still sticking with Gadget 😋
    Orion wasn't my first DAW but it definitely was one of the DAWs I was most productive with.

• @rs2000 said:

@ecou said:

@rs2000 said:

@jolico said:
    Gadget is the opposite.

Absolutely, maybe that's why I'm still sticking with Gadget 😋
    Orion wasn't my first DAW but it definitely was one of the DAWs I was most productive with.

I think it’s the bugs that made the user base loose interest and die off.

• edited April 2020

@ecou i use (open in...) FileExplorer
    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/fe-file-explorer-file-manager/id510282524

You can save a zip to eg Local/Documents/Downloads, Unarchive it , then copy the files straight to Caustic FTP.

A reasonably painless process.

J.