Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Power of Pure Synth Platinum 2

We have plans for several tutorial videos on some of the hidden gem features of Pure Synth. We've read many forums and it is clear we have not done a good job on marketing, because many people do not realize that even without all of the samples, Pure Synth is a very capable and power synthesizer with over 1,000 wavetables and analog modeled synths. The next version is coming soon with a ton of new features and will be a free update.

In the meantime, here is an exhaustive video from one of our partners on some of the nuances of the Synth:

Comments

• what does the 2 in the title refer to? Confused in CA.

• @McD said:
    what does the 2 in the title refer to? Confused in CA.

Pure Synth Platinum version 1 was a desktop UVI product. iOS users wouldn't know, but technically it's Pure Synth Platinum Version 2.

• @GospelMusicians said:

@McD said:
    what does the 2 in the title refer to? Confused in CA.

Pure Synth Platinum version 1 was a desktop UVI product. iOS users wouldn't know, but technically it's Pure Synth Platinum Version 2.

I was initially puzzled as well after watching a video. Then I realized the screenshot logo says 2.

I think it would be OK for it be called 2 on the app store. (Or not...?)

• Also I think https://puresynth.net/ should have a link to Gospel Musicians for support (at least that is where I assume one would go?)

• Great video!

• I love this app so much I’ve used in every track since purchase a few months ago

• Great video and no doubt a fantastic synth. Just wish the UI would fit on the iPad screen! Otherwise , all good, thanks!

• @GospelMusicians I'm surprised that the video shows oscillator sync.
    Can the Pure Synth oscillators be synced between each other?
    That'd be cool!

• @GospelMusicians said:
    We have plans for several tutorial videos on some of the hidden gem features of Pure Synth. We've read many forums and it is clear we have not done a good job on marketing, because many people do not realize that even without all of the samples, Pure Synth is a very capable and power synthesizer with over 1,000 wavetables and analog modeled synths. The next version is coming soon with a ton of new features and will be a free update.

That’s what you get for having such a boatload of great presets. :D
    I’ve barely explored below the surface, thanks for posting that video. There’s clearly a lot I’ve overlooked in PSP. Off to have some fun beyond preset surfing now ...

• @ajmiller said:
    Great video and no doubt a fantastic synth. Just wish the UI would fit on the iPad screen! Otherwise , all good, thanks!

What do you mean by this?

• edited February 2020

@GospelMusicians said:

@ajmiller said:
    Great video and no doubt a fantastic synth. Just wish the UI would fit on the iPad screen! Otherwise , all good, thanks!

I think he means that as AU you have to scroll a bit .
    Thank you for the video :)

• edited February 2020

@GospelMusicians said:

@ajmiller said:

I think he means this. I just scroll down.

• In standalone too. 11” Pro - this is what my Ui looks like - cut off at the bottom.

• edited February 2020

@ajmiller said:
    In standalone too. 11” Pro - this is what my Ui looks like - cut off at the bottom.

Ahhh...you thought this was normal??? You have to report these things to Tech support so we can take care of things like this. No one ever reported anything like this. Thanks for posting and this should not be this way in Standalone definitely.

• @Brad said:

@GospelMusicians said:

@ajmiller said:

I think he means this. I just scroll down.

Got it and On it...

• @GospelMusicians said:
    Got it and On it...

Awesome! My picture was from a 12.9 screen and being used an AU inside Beatmaker 3 btw.

• I love PSP 2 ....I do wish there was a global tune setting though.

• @Brad said:

@GospelMusicians said:
    Got it and On it...

Awesome! My picture was from a 12.9 screen and being used an AU inside Beatmaker 3 btw.

Yeah we have BM 3, so we were able to reproduce it.

This is how we propose it to look.

• I’ve only just gotten round to trying the app again tbh because of a couple of posts on here and this video. I do remember on the original thread, when Pure Synth was first announced here, someone did highlight the size of the fonts (I think it was) causing the UI to scroll. Still it would be good to have it sorted - though compared to the power of this synth it’s a minor complaint. Thanks @GospelMusicians

• @GospelMusicians said:

@Brad said:

@GospelMusicians said:
    Got it and On it...

Yeah we have BM 3, so we were able to reproduce it.

This is how we propose it to look.

FYI I use this app on pretty much everything. It’s my favorite app and you guys are great!!! Thank you!

• Thanks @ajmiller and @Brad

I can't make any promises, but we do already have dynamic resizing on the desktop, so fitting this in shouldn't be a problem.

• GUI has been the major impediment for me using it evangelizing it as well. Biggest pain point is the preset window. Just really inefficient and just seems to fall on deaf ears

• @realdawei said:
    GUI has been the major impediment for me using it evangelizing it as well. Biggest pain point is the preset window. Just really inefficient and just seems to fall on deaf ears

Have you contacted the developer via their web site? That is their preferred method of communication.

• @GospelMusicians said:

@ajmiller said:

In the AUv3, the preset browser only shows 3 lines of presets ...

• @realdawei said:
    GUI has been the major impediment for me using it evangelizing it as well. Biggest pain point is the preset window. Just really inefficient and just seems to fall on deaf ears

When you say fall on deaf ears, do you mean you actually contacted support and no one responded? We have said this many times before, but forums and blogs are never the official way to fix issues or features. It is always through the contact form on our web page.

With that being said, our next version preset system is dynamically resizable, so you can change the size to anything you wish.

• edited February 2020

Gone through this drill so many times. It’s passed the hilarious stage.

The AU in letterbox mode shows two lines of usable navigation when it could be showing at 5-6 or more with better use of screen real estate.

As soon as I open this thing it just boggles my mind that it’s not immediately obvious to anyone else what the issue is.

• edited February 2020

@realdawei said:

The AU in letterbox mode shows two lines of usable navigation when it could be showing at 5-6 or more with better use of screen real estate.

As soon as I open this thing it just boggles my mind that it’s not immediately obvious to anyone else what the issue is.

So essentially, you wish to show three audio tracks and have the virtual keyboard present and you want to show more presets? This would be extremely hard to completely re-do our preset system for a case like this. So yes you are right, we will probably not handle a case like this.

• @GospelMusicians said:

@realdawei said:

So essentially, you wish to show three audio tracks and have the virtual keyboard present and you want to show more presets? This would be extremely hard to completely re-do our preset system for a case like this. So yes you are right, we will probably not handle a case like this.

One suggestion for this case: The headers of the list views already say LIBRARY, BANK and PRESET. By adding a small 'NEW' button next to each of these, you could get rid of the upper bar completely.
    That would show four instead of only two preset lines which is much better already :smiley:

• edited February 2020

@rs2000 said:

@GospelMusicians said:

@realdawei said:

One suggestion for this case: The headers of the list views already say LIBRARY, BANK and PRESET. By adding a small 'NEW' button next to each of these, you could get rid of the upper bar completely.
    That would show four instead of only two preset lines which is much better already :smiley:

+1
    It is a redundant action bar on the top when a Add/+ button on each header column would suffice