Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

Comments

• LOL, clever distraction / tactic bringing up subscriptions.

• ITS A RUSE TO PROPEL THIS TO 200 PAGES. IT IS WORKING!!

• edited January 2020

Thanks a lot! It has nothing to do with Drambo. I’ve been just curious of your opinion., that I agree with.. as a user :)

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    subscription is a definite no from me. I will buy IAP all day long tho

@giku_beepstreet ^ This. Give me a complete bundle, I’ll buy that.

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Thanks a lot! It has nothing to do with Drambo. I’ve been just curious of your opinion., that I agree with.. as a user :)

As a user, I simply don’t do subscriptions. This is non negotiable. Bad idea.

• edited January 2020

I would totally do subscription for apps that are really well maintained and updated a lot (likely with a sizable team) and perform fantastically well, with a host of tried and true proven features/methodologies. Something like Procreate, sure. There just really isn't an audio app equivalent of that at the moment (imho).

• edited January 2020

I wonder if there are any other external factors that influence the "functional state" or "operational conduct" of an app...is there any "fluctuations " in parameters or adjustments that requires to be made from time to time ( im not a programmer)...'cause in my humble logic regarding this matter...i see no reason for an app not to function well...since the last update. Once you reach a final satisfying operational status, what makes you come back and work more on it? ...or am i missing something? > @AudioGus said:

I would totally do subscription for apps that are really well maintained and updated a lot (likely with a sizable team) and perform fantastically well, with a host of tried and true proven features/methodologies. Something like Procreate, sure. There just really isn't an audio app equivalent of that at the moment (imho).

• edited January 2020

@giku_beepstreet said:

Be cautious what you ask in Drambo thread - people are ready to make assumptions from assumptions :))) ... i'm pretty sure you pushed some people to the edge of heart attack :-))))))

• @Sergiu said:
    I wonder if there are any other external factors that influence the "functional state" or "operational conduct" of an app...is there any "fluctuations " in parameters or adjustments that requires to be made from time to time ( im not a programmer)...'cause in my humble logic regarding this matter...i see no reason for an app not to function well...since the last update. Once you reach a final satisfying operational status, what makes you come back and work more on it? ...or am i missing something? > @AudioGus said:

Apple screwing things up for starters

• I have a few app subscriptions, and the big downside is that whenever I consider a new app subscription - I think in terms of my total (all apps) subscription $$$, not just the new app add on cost. So the bar for taking on a new subscription keeps rising and makes me less likely to consider adding new ones. It’s way easier to talk myself into “just one more” $20 app than to talk myself into another $9.99/year app.

• i barley remember to pay netflix every month

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I think you should release the app under a completely different name, not tell us, and see how long this thread can go... Just for fun.

Call it Club Fight. Rule #1...

• @FlightManual said:
    I think you should release the app under a completely different name, not tell us, and see how long this thread can go... Just for fun.

Brilliant.

• @giku_beepstreet said:

But permanent license + IAPs as modules are released is a much better idea. That way, all users can enjoy core functionality and just add to it as needed. I guess it's also a more sustainable income model for you to not rely solely on initial app purchase for ongoing revenue.

• edited February 2020

@FlightManual said:
    I think you should release the app under a completely different name, not tell us, and see how long this thread can go... Just for fun.

+1 this thread is more entertaining then any app to date. I can’t remember the last app that I check in daily with for nearly 2 years.

• @reasOne said:
    i barley remember to pay netflix every month

I’ve been trying to remember to cancel Prime for the last six months...

• @espiegel123 said:

@giku_beepstreet said:
    btw. Out of curiosity: guys what do you think about app subscription model?

I'd much rather pay more and provide you future income through IAPs. I have a strong disinclination for the subscription model for software that I actually use.

Same here, for example got Hipstamatic when it was first released and have bought every IAP they’ve released. However when they offered a subscription (By releasing a parallel app with subscription and no future IAP’s) I stuck with the original.
    I don’t have and don’t intend to have any app subscriptions.

• @giku_beepstreet subscription will kill your app, I would more happily bet money on that than pay a subscription for an app

• @Sergiu said:

New features can often need time to settle and often can introduce bugs/quirks as well.

• I wouldn’t mind a subscription, I found when I subbed to Auxy it made me actually use it and I produced quite a lot of music for a change.

Is it possible to have the option of a subscription (that includes all IAPs) as well as buying the app + buying IAPs?

• @AtticusL said:
    I wouldn’t mind a subscription, I found when I subbed to Auxy it made me actually use it and I produced quite a lot of music for a change.

Auxy going sub made me look for an alternative, found Gadget, composed more music with it than with any other iOS app. But I understand that paying regularly can be a good motivator :#

Is it possible to have the option of a subscription (that includes all IAPs) as well as buying the app + buying IAPs?

Interesting question.
    I would say that technically, that's possible indeed. An app can have any number of IAPs and it's up to the app what to unlock, depending on the purchases.
    The problem is that if a developer wants to offer the choice, he has to decide upon the purchase price which is most likely incompatible with both concepts.
    As a consequence, most devs offering this kind of model (e.g. n-Track Studio) have two apps on sale - one is the full version and one is for free and confirms to a subscription model.

• Will it do ambient, drone music, downtempo, evolving soundscapes too?

• I think the key for making subscription work without pissing everyone off is flexible options. One of the best models I came across run like this. One, buy a permanent license, then pay for upgrades as and when you feel the need. Two, run a subscription, automatically updates to latest version plus a bunch of other content. If the total you paid in subscriptions exceeded the price of the permanent licence you could buy that at a massive discount giving you whatever version you were on at the time. In short not much to lose. Works well for software with a hefty price tag.
    I don't see how something like that would be possible through the app store so I'd have to say hard pass.

• @david_2017 said:
    Will it do ambient, drone music, downtempo, evolving soundscapes too?

No, I fear you'll have to do it yourself :p

• @rs2000 said:

@david_2017 said:
    Will it do ambient, drone music, downtempo, evolving soundscape too?

:smiley:

• @rs2000 said:

@david_2017 said:

:)

• @rs2000 said:

@david_2017 said:

😂😂😂

• @rs2000 said:

@david_2017 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• @rs2000 said:

@david_2017 said:

Quote of the day so far!

This discussion has been closed.