Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sampling from MainStage 3 (AutoSampler) into Nanostudio 2

What up everybody! I put together this 2 part video guide to help fellow iOS Producers migrate their instruments using MainStage 3’s autosampler into NanoStudio 2’s obsidian! Hope you find it useful

Sampling from MainStage 3 into NanoStudio 2 Obsidian (Part 1)

Sampling from MainStage 3 into NanoStudio 2 Obsidian (Part 2)

Comments

• edited January 2020

wait wait .. i had NO CLUE that automap works even if there is "-" before note name and not " " (space) :-)))) This is epic .. I though there MUST BE " " (space) before note name to have this working ..

haha... unbelievable.. after 4 years of beta testing and more than year of using and giving advices to all people over the interned - i learned something new about NS :lol:

I bet even Matt doesn't know this works :-D

• Awesome, thank you

• @dendy said:
    wait wait .. i had NO CLUE that automap works even if there is "-" before note name and not " " (space) :-)))) This is epic .. I though there MUST BE " " (space) before note name to have this working ..

haha... unbelievable.. after 4 years of beta testing and more than year of using and giving advices to all people over the interned - i learned something new about NS :lol:

I bet even Matt doesn't know this works :-D

I thought this was a joke when I first read it! You’re serious!?!? That’s insane!! It’s just like NS2 to go deeper than the creator even knows lol 😂. The app is self aware I swear.

• Thanks alot @ipadbeatmaking!!!!!!!! i found it useful and managed to sample one of the patches from this pack:
    the volume came out softer than the other patches in NanoStudio but i'm gonna look into that later.
    By the way i love your Trap Kit and had a lot of fun with your Mario's Trap! pack( which is still free people https://ipadbeatmaking.com/collections/nanostudio-2/products/ns2-slate-kit-marios-trap)
    Keep doing what you do because its fire :)

• @Dropitnow said:
    Thanks alot @ipadbeatmaking!!!!!!!! i found it useful and managed to sample one of the patches from this pack:
    the volume came out softer than the other patches in NanoStudio but i'm gonna look into that later.

You’re welcome, glad you found It useful! I forgot to add the step of normalizing in obsidian which I sometimes do if I need to raise the volume of the sample patch. I might do an additional video covering this.

By the way i love your Trap Kit and had a lot of fun with your Mario's Trap! pack( which is still free people https://ipadbeatmaking.com/collections/nanostudio-2/products/ns2-slate-kit-marios-trap)

Thanks a lot 🙏 I’m glad you do!

Keep doing what you do because its fire :)

Definitely will do!

• Thanks for this. Appreciate the tip.
    Between Beatmaker 3 and Nanostudio, what would you use?

• @Samflash3 said:
    Thanks for this. Appreciate the tip.
    Between Beatmaker 3 and Nanostudio, what would you use?

You’re welcome, glad you found it useful!

NanoStudio 2 > All others (including BM3) in my opinion.

Why? 99.9% Crash Free. Highly efficient. Workflow options that are as simple or as complex as your mind desires. And a lot of additions (audio tracks being one) coming down the pipeline. Being able to make your own instrument patch libraries, from scratch or from samples, complete with built-in FX & Macros; or using 3rd party kits such as mine @ http://www.ipadbeatmaking.com

Now, BM3 is a better at chopping samples and it’s left hand power on the drum pads (note repeat etc is 2nd to none.) Aside from those things, NanoStudio 2 is better for me.