Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

Comments

• subscription is a definite no from me. I will buy IAP all day long tho

• edited January 2020

@giku_beepstreet said:
    btw. Out of curiosity: guys what do you think about app subscription model?

We don't........Well, I don't.....
    What do you think of the subscription model?

• @giku_beepstreet said:

• Fft effects sounds intriguing :o

@Gaia.Tree said:
    subscription is a definite no from me. I will buy IAP all day long tho

+1

• Thanks @giku_beepstreet . No problem since I never use the sequencer. Can’t wait to build this drampaktor and share it with the community! Btw - don’t care for subscription models.

• wimwim
    edited January 2020

Subscription is the only thing that would dissuade me from buying Drambo. Definitely out of the question for me personally, though I certainly wouldn't hold it against any developer if that seemed like the best strategy.

• @giku_beepstreet said:

WHAT IF THIS IS HOW THE THREAD ENDED? AND GIKU VANISHED? IT WAS ALL AN ART PIECE!

• @giku_beepstreet said:

No thanks! I would probably not buy, but would focus on miRack or some competitive product for my modular needs.

• edited January 2020

@giku_beepstreet said:

You are totally winding us up... 😂

(...aren’t you???)

• Does the general opposition to the subscription model stem from

• A higher total cost of ownership (real or perceived)?
    • Potential for support vanishing (whereas an old unsupported non-sub app can at least remain active in a non-upgraded device)?
    • Something else?
  • @lukesleepwalker said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

😂😂😂😂😂 My tuppence: I’d rather not have subscription. My rule is never to use that option. I’m very happy to pay for IAPs, though.

• @giku_beepstreet said:

Well, if you are able to release new content every 1-2 months then why not. But for the moment we are still waiting for the basic features (for almost 2 years), so...

• Subscription for me = no buy

• Guys. He’s kidding. Good grief.

• @giku_beepstreet said:

I love your apps. I will buy IAP all day long for a good one. Have done, for many apps in my collection. But I will never, under any circumstance whatsoever, pay a subscription model for any app, no matter how good it is. Just no.

• Subscription
    Best joke of the thread 😆

• @giku_beepstreet said:

NEIN!!!

• wimwim
    edited January 2020

@jipumarino said:
    Does the general opposition to the subscription model stem from

• Potential for support vanishing (whereas an old unsupported non-sub app can at least remain active in a non-upgraded device)?
    • Something else?

Something else. First, I don't want to accumulate any more incremental monthly charges to keep track of. Second, I don't enjoy the process of considering whether or not an expense is something I want to do and won't regret. But, once I decide to buy an app I never, ever, look back. With subscription, I would need to go through that process every month. That would take enough of the fun out of it that I would just stick with what I have.

It's the same for me with Patreon. I don't do Patreon, but do send one-off donations when I feel led that way, and I feel good about it when I do. I would not like have to consider on a regular basis if I still want to continue a monthly donation, and I would feel guilty if I withdrew it.

But, I totally get that it's a good proposition for some developers and customers. Just not me.

• Subscription is a one way road to bad reviews on AppStore and definitely a no go for me. I can only stand Spotify and netflix😂😂😂 I prefer pay higher price once then have recurring bill every month

• @jipumarino said:
    Does the general opposition to the subscription model stem from

• Something else?

I know the perceptions of subscription aren’t quite rational, but even irrational perceptions matter when you’re being asked for money.

1. It’s the feeling of being blackmailed. If I stop paying, my software goes away.
    2. It’s having to pay for something every month, even if I don’t use it every month. I know you can unsubscribe/resubscribe, but that’s extra hassle.
    3. It’s having to rent something that I’m perfectly willing & able to buy.
  • The only way to do subscription is with a daily access subscription. Charge for every day a user opens the app. Use it a bunch, pay a bunch. Use it never, don’t pay.

Easy peasy lemon squeezey.

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    subscription is a definite no from me. I will buy IAP all day long tho

THIS. Subscription model is a total dealbreaker. I’ll buy pretty much every IAP though.

• @Shabudua @wim thanks, I've always had the same gut reaction against subs but never managed to put them in words. You did that for me :)

• @ExAsperis99 said:

WHAT IF THIS IS HOW THE THREAD ENDED? AND GIKU VANISHED? IT WAS ALL AN ART PIECE!

Hilarious!

• edited January 2020

Subscription model gives a feeling of urgency to use the damn thing to avoid the feeling of wasting money.
    In other word, is evil.

Coupled with art, kill creativity = nightmare/hell.

I would deny the very existence of Drambo.

• wimwim
    edited January 2020

I wish this thread should go subscription. We should check if Michael can do that.

• @giku_beepstreet said:

I'd much rather pay more and provide you future income through IAPs. I have a strong disinclination for the subscription model for software that I actually use.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

Brilliant.

This discussion has been closed.