Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can someone slip me a clue regarding Auria Pro, please?

I can load Mozaic into any FX slot but can't determine how to route the MIDI IN (I'd like to use the internal keyboard but will use an external keyboard is needed. Then I'd assume the MIDI FX would
be routeable via the MIDI Setting in th channel strip page.

I can't find videos, documentation or a discussion of this on the AP Forum or here.

Help.

Comments

• @McD said:
    I can load Mozaic into any FX slot but can't determine how to route the MIDI IN (I'd like to use the internal keyboard but will use an external keyboard is needed. Then I'd assume the MIDI FX would

I can't find videos, documentation or a discussion of this on the AP Forum or here.

Help.

The built in keyboard has a popup for setting what track it is aimed at. In that track's setup dialog, you also have to make sure that you have turned on MIDI input.

• McDMcD
    edited January 2020

@espiegel123 said:

@McD said:

Help.

The built in keyboard has a popup for setting what track it is aimed at. In that track's setup dialog, you also have to make sure that you have turned on MIDI input.

Which FX slot gets the Moziac plug in and does it have to be on a distinct MIDI channel and get it’s input from the Internal keyboard. Then Moziac send output to the distinct MIDI channel for the track with the Synth?

• @McD said:

@espiegel123 said:

@McD said:

Help.

Which FX slot gets the Moziac plug in and does it have to be on a distinct MIDI channel and get it’s input from the Internal keyboard. Then Moziac send output to the distinct MIDI channel for the track with the Synth?

You can put as the track’s instrument or one of the track’s effects. It will receive any MIDI that the track receives. And it’s output goes wherever you direct the track’s output or just to the track.

• @McD: to see how things work. Start with program like

@OnMidiNoteOn
    log {test}
    //optionally add sending the MIDI note back out unchanged

@End

Load Mozaic as the instrument

Make sure that the track is set to receive midi

send midi to it -- playing the Auria Pro keyboard is sufficient: just remember to choose your Mozaic track as the destination

If you send a note out of that Mozaic track, choose the destination from the track's output menu.

You can just easily load Mozaic into one of the track's effects if you intend for it just to impact that track and its instrument.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @McD: to see how things work. Start with program like

@OnMidiNoteOn
    log {test}
    //optionally add sending the MIDI note back out unchanged

@End

Load Mozaic as the instrument

Make sure that the track is set to receive midi

send midi to it -- playing the Auria Pro keyboard is sufficient: just remember to choose your Mozaic track as the destination

If you send a note out of that Mozaic track, choose the destination from the track's output menu.

You can just easily load Mozaic into one of the track's effects if you intend for it just to impact that track and its instrument.

Thank you.

I getting the MIDI connection flow now. The MIDI FX App occupies the position on an "instrument" in it's own track. Then that "instrument" is configured to forward MIDI events to another track. with a specific channel assignment.

I am not sure I have the internal keyboard configured correctly yet but I'll keep workin on that area or connect and external keyboard. My Moziac script accepts input notes and shifts the effect "root" and I should hear the changes in the target synth and it's not right. But thankfully the app stores the last played note and uses that root so just hitting "Play" validate that I have the plumbing configure as you propose.

I can recall that a previous version of my typical DAW also required a track for each MIDI
    FX app. AP have a lot of tracks so it's just a matter of navigation.

I need to get a better handle in "Core MIDI" vs "Network MIDI" and the option for Channel 1 on input to be distinct from sending on channel 1 (if that's right).

• I think internal the keyboard MIDI to a MIDI FX app is not working correctly.It functions with an AU Instrument but not to a MIDI FX app.

• @McD said:
    I think internal the keyboard MIDI to a MIDI FX app is not working correctly.It functions with an AU Instrument but not to a MIDI FX app.

Have you tried with the AU in an effects slot. The simple test I described works for me when I use the internal keyboard and have Mozaic as a channel effect. I didn't try with it set as the instrument.