Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What We Need From Music App Developers in 2020 | haQ attaQ

It’s 2020, a brand new year and it’s time to let iOS Music App Developers know what we need! Do we need more Synthesizers, Drummachines, FX plugins or are there too many of them already? Is there still space for a new type of DAW? Are we missing any features and functions inside the apps we already have?

There was something that I was going to ask for but it seems that someone is already working on it.

haQattaQ

Comments

• Hmmm. A nice AU oscilloscope like MOscilloscope from Melda would be pretty cool. Thanks to apeMatrix for a good option but it can defo be improved.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • More of the stuff that desktop daws have had for ages like AUM’s new side-chain functionality. People will start to take the platform more seriously.

• Ableton iLive for iOS/iPadOS

Cubase Sampler Track IAP for Cubasis 3
    Serato Sample AUv3

A new host that adds full AUv3 support... (Automation, Multi-channel routing etc. etc.).

Updates and bug-fixes for existing hosts...
    (I’ve got a feeling that 2020 will be the year we see a lot older apps left in the dust).

• For the 20th consecutive repost...

• Some more Ableton-esque features in apps\DAWS:

• MIDI clip launching\looping, in an app that is current and up to date. Modstep is close but needs updating
    • Audio clip launching with time stretching

• Better customer service and greater commitment to stability\bug fixes from some developers

• More classic\much loved IAA apps porting to AUv3 e.g. Patterning
  • @d4d0ug said:
    I’d like less gizmos and more stability / bug fixes. Boring, but necessary in my opinion.

@Samu said:
    Serato Sample AUv3

Agree with these.
    Apps that are "left in the dust" too soon will make people more and more hesitant to buy new apps.

• I still haven’t found an AUv3 drum machine that I love. I keep going back to the drum rack in Pure Acid as it’s the cleanest 808 reproduction I have, and Ruismaker Noir / Fm because I can tweak some beautiful sounds out of them. DigiStix feels incredibly unstable and will regularly crash its host, EG Pulse is close but also crashes its host and I’m not big on the sounds, Playbeat is really limited and the sounds are very dull.

• @d4d0ug said:
    I’d like less gizmos and more stability / bug fixes. Boring, but necessary in my opinion.

+1

• @drcongo said:
    I still haven’t found an AUv3 drum machine that I love. I keep going back to the drum rack in Pure Acid as it’s the cleanest 808 reproduction I have, and Ruismaker Noir / Fm because I can tweak some beautiful sounds out of them. DigiStix feels incredibly unstable and will regularly crash its host, EG Pulse is close but also crashes its host and I’m not big on the sounds, Playbeat is really limited and the sounds are very dull.

What host are you using DigiStix in? I've been using it in AUM and regularly have 4 instances and have yet to experience a crash. It's my new favorite drum machine

• Korg synth au
    Espesially ims20

• I just want a solution for automation within AUM whether it's a native AUM solution or another AUv3 app that can automate my Synths and fx

• @drcongo said:
    I still haven’t found an AUv3 drum machine that I love. I keep going back to the drum rack in Pure Acid as it’s the cleanest 808 reproduction I have, and Ruismaker Noir / Fm because I can tweak some beautiful sounds out of them. DigiStix feels incredibly unstable and will regularly crash its host, EG Pulse is close but also crashes its host and I’m not big on the sounds, Playbeat is really limited and the sounds are very dull.

You can use your own sounds in Playbeat if the built-in samples aren’t doing it for you. I know what you mean about a drum machine, though. For the moment I’m using BeatHawk, Egoist or Playbeat. But Drumcomputer from Sugar Bytes would be a most welcome addition in 2020.

• @rms13 In Beatmaker 3 and Cubasis 2 or 3. Both Cubasis versions are unusable unstable for me on iOS 13 anyway, which is the only reason I bought and learned Beatmaker.

• Give me Korg Wavestate as an app and I'll be satisfied...

• edited January 2020

An AUv3 Midi CC controller with GUI settings for displaying either a unit with virtual knobs or another with sliders. With it you can control CC parameters in multiple synths that have Midi learn capability, all from one open AU window in AUM.

Next. Take that same App and add a CC automation recording function, that is triggered when put into a record mode, by listening for a "midi note on" event to the synth it is providing CC automation for.

It will need to have the ability to record "in layers" multiple manual control changes made in real time while playing a note to the target synth.

It will need to have a simple editor window for manually entering/editing control change shapes of the desired duration for each active CC parameter independently.

Lastly, it will need to send "round robin" Midi out to sequential Midi channels, controlling at least four(4) instances of the same synth. This is the only way to provide a degree of polyphony when animating control changes from an external App.

Better yet..
    Someone just build a comprehensive analog synth with a non-overly complex GUI that has a multi-CC automation recording capability, and a multi layer CC automation editor, built in.

This is my 2020 wish... :)

• @craftycurate said:
    Some more Ableton-esque features in apps\DAWS:

• MIDI clip launching\looping, in an app that is current and up to date. Modstep is close but needs updating

• Better customer service and greater commitment to stability\bug fixes from some developers

Because Zenbeats can't... what?

• @AudioGus said:
    For the 20th consecutive repost...

@SevenSystems thanks :)

• edited January 2020

@craftycurate said:

+1 billion posts I wrote...If only I knew (real optimized CPU friendly object proper) coding... :#

• edited January 2020

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@craftycurate said:

... do what I want it do to.

I'm not looking to switch my entire workflow to a new, much more limited DAW ecosystem. Something that needs to work with\in AUM is what I'm after.

Additionally AFAIK Zenbeats doesn't host MIDI AUv3s, nor does it offer sidechaining as AUM now does.

• Stability and better interfaces. Everything else is golden.

• An AUv3 that runs IAA apps in an AUv3 wrapper.

• @Druzy said:
    An AUv3 that runs IAA apps in an AUv3 wrapper.

Now that's a very, very cool idea.

+1000

• great video and question. commented.
    for me we need an all in one daw... preferably one that already exists to ad key features like clip recording launching, that also allows for midi fx routing and recording... then the ability to record/freeze the audio . and record clips to a linear sequencer as well
    cubasis and ns2 seem to be the closest to becoming the all in one solution... they both are close...

• An AUv3 that connects to Domino's Pizza so I can avoid breaking the flow.

• edited January 2020

@Gravitas said:

@Druzy said:
    An AUv3 that runs IAA apps in an AUv3 wrapper.

Now that's a very, very cool idea.

+1000

It would certainly make my life easier and could be a (albeit hacky) solution for the IAApocalypse. It would take the pressure of devs who can’t or won’t update their apps to AUv3.
    ahem animoog

• We need a iKontakt library player, iOmnisphere, and .. ehh .. yeah that’ll do ..

• @craftycurate said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@craftycurate said:

... do what I want it do to.

I'm not looking to switch my entire workflow to a new, much more limited DAW ecosystem. Something that needs to work with\in AUM is what I'm after.

Additionally AFAIK Zenbeats doesn't host MIDI AUv3s, nor does it offer sidechaining as AUM now does.

Ok but then don't ask for this

@craftycurate said:

Just say AUM and AUv3 :wink:
    Midi AUv3 wasn't on the first comment and sidechaining is just too new. Zenbeats coming from Openlabs (windows) needs to catch the AUv3 and regular Apple technologies but it's up to date and has audio clips, not sure about timestretching but far better than Modstep audio implementation for sure and also MPE...

What other Ableton-esque features you will love to see in AUM?

• Roland Cloud for IOS. people will want AUv3 but I just want those classic Roland apps.
    Could be like Korg Module with IAA and have a Hosting App with the requirement to pay for the Roland Could across PC Windows/Linux, Mac OS and IOS.

I suspect Reason Rack extensions are coming from PE for Reason Compact IOS.

AUv3’s are for the independents to leverage the universality of that interconnection.

IT would be a request for anger but I just want the sounds in any technical approach.
    Purchasing the StageLight team for XenBeats give Roland a solid team to manage the platform
    Port.

Good developers tend NOT to ask users publically since that could just shine light on a need and force everyone to lower prices... good for us but death to the developer to break even.

I’m sure dev’s check of this forum when they a looking for ideas.

The ABF users want Audio/MIDI Loop triggering from MIDI input with added creativity in the implementation.

Smart MIDI generators tend to get fast adoption if they demo well.

DAW’s are a saturated market... will Cubasis 3.2

• Auv everything and a timeline for AUM, Cubasis Link plz ;-)