Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

So, about this coronavirus...

Anyone worried?

I see the British government is going to enforce a 2 week quarantine for British citizens returning from Wuhan.

Comments

• Nop.

Like a normal stational flu.

Nothing to worry about.

• edited January 2020

@OnfraySin said:
    Nop.

Nothing to worry about.

one in sixty die from the flu?

• Scary stuff, because we all know that Wuhan clan ain’t nuthin’ to F’ wit’

• edited January 2020

@AudioGus said:

@OnfraySin said:
    Nop.

Nothing to worry about.

Flu kills a hundred of thousands every year!

8200 this season on USA, for example

• edited January 2020

@OnfraySin said:

@AudioGus said:

@OnfraySin said:
    Nop.

Nothing to worry about.

Yah, looks like about 1 in 16000 people infected die from the flu. With Corona it is 1 in 60. So clearly not the same.

• It's less deadly than Sars I think so as long as it's locked down as much as possible, deaths will hopefully be minimised.
    And at least it'll put into place more experience of dealing with these viruses when something even more deadly comes along, and it will....

• @AudioGus said:

@OnfraySin said:

@AudioGus said:

@OnfraySin said:
    Nop.

Nothing to worry about.

Yah, looks like about 1 in 16000 people infected die from the flu. With Corona it is 1 in 60. So clearly not the same.

It's the same. The only difference is that we knew nothing about this mutation. Now we know. So, not problem at all.

Seasonal flu.

• edited January 2020

@OnfraySin said:

@AudioGus said:

@OnfraySin said:

@AudioGus said:

@OnfraySin said:
    Nop.

Nothing to worry about.

It's the same. The only difference is that we knew nothing about this mutation. Now we know. So, not problem at all.

Seasonal flu.

You a scientist?

• edited January 2020

@AudioGus said:

@OnfraySin said:
    Nop.

Nothing to worry about.

Nope... Totally true what @OnfraySin said ..

Actually, there is chance that already 100000 people were infected. For now, it looks this one has even smaller mortality than common flu :)

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2020/jan/26/coronavirus-could-infect-100000-globally-experts-warn

Literally all people who died were old people + people with another health issues (like diabetes) - people who can die also because of complications caused by normal flu .. And they didn't die directly because of that virus, but because of complications caused by infection. You can get same complications also with normal flu, especially if you have other health issues.

There was also mentioned that especially immunity of little children neutralises this virus very easily. This one is far less dangerous than SARS was.

• edited January 2020

@dendy said:

@AudioGus said:

@OnfraySin said:
    Nop.

Nothing to worry about.

Recently german scientist expressed opinion that there is possibility that already thousands of people were in fact infected, but most of them though it's just normal flu. Literally all people who died were old people + people with another health issues (like diabetes) - people for whom are every illness serious risk and who can easily die also because of complications caused by normal flu ..

There was also mentioned that especially immunity of little children kills this virus very easily. This one is far less dangerous than SARS was.

Thanks for link. I have nerds to feed.

• I don't know for you but personally

• When the Chinese communist party finally admitted there are deaths by the virus and lock down a whole province, no one should not take it lightly. There were reports of outbreak since December, and those who brought it up were arrested. Over 5 million people escaped Wuhan and who knows where they went.

• edited January 2020

@Oxide303 said:
    When the Chinese communist party finally admitted there are deaths by the virus and lock down a whole province, no one should not take it lightly. There were reports of outbreak since December, and those who brought it up were arrested. Over 5 million people escaped Wuhan and who knows where they went.

Now thats the exciting screenplay I came here for!

(Oh and, link?)

• Interesting though, No1 in German AppStore games is plague Inc. 🙈

ironic

• @david_2017 said:
    Interesting though, No1 in German AppStore games is plague Inc. 🙈

ironic

i just finally got around to watching World War Z recently by total coincidence.

• @AudioGus said:

@Oxide303 said:
    When the Chinese communist party finally admitted there are deaths by the virus and lock down a whole province, no one should not take it lightly. There were reports of outbreak since December, and those who brought it up were arrested. Over 5 million people escaped Wuhan and who knows where they went.

Now thats the exciting screenplay I came here for!

(Oh and, link?)

No link sorry, I’m in Hong Kong just have been following the local news.

• edited January 2020

@dendy said:

@AudioGus said:

@OnfraySin said:
    Nop.

Nothing to worry about.

Actually, there is chance that already 100000 people were infected. For now, it looks this one has even smaller mortality than common flu :)

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2020/jan/26/coronavirus-could-infect-100000-globally-experts-warn

Literally all people who died were old people + people with another health issues (like diabetes) - people who can die also because of complications caused by normal flu .. And they didn't die directly because of that virus, but because of complications caused by infection. You can get same complications also with normal flu, especially if you have other health issues.

There was also mentioned that especially immunity of little children neutralises this virus very easily. This one is far less dangerous than SARS was.

The difference between this and SARS is this is being passed human to human more easily, and there can be no symptoms on show during incubation - so it can be impossible to spot someone with an infection. With the 5 million that left the city a few weeks ago, potentially hundreds of thousands could now be carrying the virus, so the potential for a pandemic is very high.

Less dangerous (at the moment) per se, but it will undoubtedly cause more deaths and be harder to contain.

The UK government still haven't 'tracked' all the 2000+ that came here from China a couple of weeks back, so expect to hear cases of it here soon.

Potential for good news - the spread of the virus is slowed down, or killed off once warm weather arrives.

Potential for bad news - it's a new strain, so the potential for it to mutate into something worse is high.

• Novartis will most probably release a "Tamiflu Pro" version. Make some billions and start working on the next release.

• @cuscolima said:
    Novartis will most probably release a "Tamiflu Pro" version. Make some billions and start working on the next release.

• You know. the Qanon folks are drinking bleach to inoculate against coronavirus. But apart from that happy circumstance, relying on unsourced information about a pandemic posted to internet forums by anyone without a scientific or medical background is a bad idea.

This article, from a reporter who lived (with small children) in China during the SARS outbreak, might give perspective.

• edited January 2020

I floated an alternate speculation on twitter and even prefaced it with "Here's a tin-foil hat conspiracy theory"

I speculated that given the Chinese government has been unable to squash the Hong Kong protests thus far... and the fact that it might not look so great to just stomp it down with violent military force... they could use existing data regarding flu deaths and projected flu deaths... circulate some videos of cranes allegedly scrambling to build a 1000 bed hospital in 10 days, and post some videos of people laying down or basically dropping dead on the street... maybe someone violently shaking under a sheet, etc.

It wouldn't take all that much before fear and panic forced everyone to stay home in terror. And would likely have the intended side effect of dispersing the growing Hong Kong protest crowds. This being the actual intended goal.

You could do all of this easily with a handful of staged videos, cherry-picking existing flu mortality rates, etc.

It's all doable and plausible.

Of course it could be just as terrifying and potentially as catastrophic a pandemic as you can imagine... especially since these viruses can mutate very quickly and completely change the game in a matter of days.

I got some fairly aggressive attacks at the above conspiracy speculation... but the accounts looked a bit like bots to me. Weird.

• edited January 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ExAsperis99 said:
    You know. the Qanon folks are drinking bleach to inoculate against coronavirus. But apart from that happy circumstance, relying on unsourced information about a pandemic posted to internet forums by anyone without a scientific or medical background is a bad idea.

This article, from a reporter who lived (with small children) in China during the SARS outbreak, might give perspective.

Well, my sources are taken from the BBC and UK government website announcements, but yeah, could be bullshit.

• @Max23 said:
    A flu doesn’t spread Like this.
    This is epidemic/pandemic.
    There are 50 million Ppl in quarantine.
    So much for this ain’t no problem. ;)

A epidemic/pandemic is a ratio about <90 per 100k citizens. The seasonal flu in Europe, for example, are right now in 300 for 100k in various countries.

So yes, a flu does spread like this.

This season is a very like H1N1 virus that, right now, is smashing very hard the Western and South Europe.

Nothing to worry about this Coronavirus

• edited January 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @skiphunt said:
    I floated an alternate speculation on twitter and even prefaced it with "Here's a tin-foil hat conspiracy theory"

I speculated that given the Chinese government has been unable to squash the Hong Kong protests thus far... and the fact that it might not look so great to just stomp it down with violent military force... they could use existing data regarding flu deaths and projected flu deaths... circulate some videos of cranes allegedly scrambling to build a 1000 bed hospital in 10 days, and post some videos of people laying down or basically dropping dead on the street... maybe someone violently shaking under a sheet, etc.

It wouldn't take all that much before fear and panic forced everyone to stay home in terror. And would likely have the intended side effect of dispersing the growing Hong Kong protest crowds. This being the actual intended goal.

You could do all of this easily with a handful of staged videos, cherry-picking existing flu mortality rates, etc.

It's all doable and plausible.

Of course it could be just as terrifying and potentially as catastrophic a pandemic as you can imagine... especially since these viruses can mutate very quickly and completely change the game in a matter of days.

I got some fairly aggressive attacks at the above conspiracy speculation... but the accounts looked a bit like bots to me. Weird.

True that the Chinese government is trying all sort of ways to clamp down the protest, however some think that they deliberately let the people from mainland rush down to Hong Kong to infect as many as possible because scare tactics were not working.

The Hong Kong government still refuse to close the border to China, everyday thousands of people trying to rush to HK to seek medical treatment. All local hospitals are at max capacity. The front line medical workers, custom officers and many politicians already voiced out loud to stop letting more people in, but of course the government pretend not to hear anything.

• @MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    You know. the Qanon folks are drinking bleach to inoculate against coronavirus. But apart from that happy circumstance, relying on unsourced information about a pandemic posted to internet forums by anyone without a scientific or medical background is a bad idea.

Well, my sources are taken from the BBC and UK government website announcements, but yeah, could be bullshit.

SIgh. We are in agreement.
    I'm saying that those who speculate without sources are not helping. I would say trust only sources like the BBC and NYTimes and WHO.

And @skiphunt — dude, really?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

SIgh. We are in agreement.
    I'm saying that those who speculate without sources are not helping. I would say trust only sources like the BBC and NYTimes and WHO.

I think the fact that British Airways has cancelled all flights to China, and the UK government is proposing a 14 day quarantine, suggests they are taking this very seriously indeed.

My hunch is there's a lot more to this than the masses are being told.

This discussion has been closed.