Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

Comments

• edited January 2020

@rs2000 @Krupa i am enjoying making these, although it probably does feel like Drambo spoilers for everyone else.

• @bcrichards said:
    @rs2000 @Krupa i am enjoying making these, although it probably does feel like Drambo spoilers for everyone else.

Your videos are top notch! When Drambo is released, please consider re-posting these in a how-to thread. They would be really helpful to me and others, I think (and won’t be buried in this thread).

• @bcrichards said:

Tbh it‘s the best actual content in this thread. All that talk and teasin by some certain other users was not that interesting at all to me. Your videos are much more insightful, keeping my interest much more than the „i‘ve got beta access and you not, read what I can do and you not“ posts...

So keep up if you like

• To be fair the other beta testers have been sharing a lot privately and helping the developer iron out bugs etc. but I get frustration of seeing and hearing about this new tool and not getting to play with it. That was me before I got beta access :)

• @bcrichards said:
    To be fair the other beta testers have been sharing a lot privately and helping the developer iron out bugs etc. but I get frustration of seeing and hearing about this new tool and not getting to play with it. That was me before I got beta access :)

edit: i realize my communication in above comment (and my other posts) is coming off spokesperson-like, which I am not in any way. It is exciting to see this app develop and I enjoy sharing throughts about both the app and Giku's development process. anything shared here from me is just my perspective.

• wimwim
    edited January 2020

Right. Digital forensics have traced your IP address to a click farm in China. One of my hacker friends has seen suspicious monetary transfers from accounts allegedly linked to this developer, washed through various shell companies, to known bad-actors in Asia.

But that’s OK, as long as you weren’t involved in stealing any US elections, we’ll let it pass.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

@Cib said:
    I think i said it already but just to say it again. I hope the Zeeon phaser get´s in here. Since we are talking about it in another thread i must say it´s one of the best phaser ever in software land. Not sure if that even would be possible to include in a modular environment with parameter locks and modulation and automation etc. Maybe too taxing on CPU?

Yes it will be there.

Bang!!
    Funny how you answer most request here with „Yes, it will be there“.
    Now confirmed, Beepstreet for President!

@wim we found the guy

• This thread nearly slipped off the front page.

• @drcongo said:
    This thread nearly slipped off the front page.

I think we’re all watching @bcrichards videos on repeat!

• Many thanks @giku_beepstreet for so much talent (hard work full of generosity) and thank you @bcrichards for your recent videos full of great info about the app of the year

• Thanks guys! Meoow ;)

• edited January 2020

I've been beta testing but am still learning lots from the @bcrichards videos, particularly about the MIDI functionality! Basically no need for Atom piano roll to be updated now, you can do everything you can there in Drambo and more, AND setting up loads of patterns to switch between. Great stuff!

Last night I was experimenting with using Drambo as an AU effect with my voice in an Impaktor stylee. Audio In -> Physical Modelling -> Flex Sampler can lead to utter mayhem. Record a new phrase live in the sampler (having had it go through the physical modelling beforehand) and slice it up, put a few trigs down and set the sampler to use the notes to decide which sample to play (eg. C3 plays sample 1, C#3 plays sample 2), then add an FX chain at the end, and loads of P-locks and step conditions for variety. Then record a new sample live whenever you want to change up the sound. It's hours of fun.

I'd better email you about this, @giku_beepstreet but it would be great to have the option to keep the current slices in the sample window when making a new recording (you can do this on the Octatrack). Right now every time you make a new recording you have to slice again and reset the settings. But wouldn't it be ace to have the new recording pre-sliced every time according to the current window if you want (and keep the slice settings)? Then you can just p-lock a recording and change the sound completely, based on your current sample slice durations! That would be an awesome workflow.

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Thanks guys! Meoow ;)

ME-WOW

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    I've been beta testing but am still learning lots from the @bcrichards videos, particularly about the MIDI functionality! Basically no need for Atom piano roll to be updated now, you can do everything you can there in Drambo and more, AND setting up loads of patterns to switch between. Great stuff!

Last night I was experimenting with using Drambo as an AU effect with my voice in an Impaktor stylee. Audio In -> Physical Modelling -> Flex Sampler can lead to utter mayhem. Record a new phrase live in the sampler (having had it go through the physical modelling beforehand) and slice it up, put a few trigs down and set the sampler to use the notes to decide which sample to play (eg. C3 plays sample 1, C#3 plays sample 2), then add an FX chain at the end, and loads of P-locks and step conditions for variety. Then record a new sample live whenever you want to change up the sound. It's hours of fun.

I'd better email you about this, @giku_beepstreet but it would be great to have the option to keep the current slices in the sample window when making a new recording (you can do this on the Octatrack). Right now every time you make a new recording you have to slice again and reset the settings. But wouldn't it be ace to have the new recording pre-sliced every time according to the current window if you want (and keep the slice settings)? Then you can just p-lock a recording and change the sound completely, based on your current sample slice durations! That would be an awesome workflow.

The slicer on the OT was one of my favorite things about it.

I. AM. SO. READY.

@giku_beepstreet Let me know if you need some babysitting, snacks, someone to fan you while you work, etc. it’s so hard to mitigate my excitement for this app!

• Are there plans for multichannel audio support after v1?

• Yes, plans are bigger than the app ;) (eg video processing)

• 😃 amazing

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Yes, plans are bigger than the app ;) (eg video processing)

Um, if I wasn't already intrigued and excited, then this animator is now 🥳

• @giku_beepstreet said:

Wait. What? lol....

• Not LOL in a bad way, more like a "just take my money and I'll throw all my shit in the trash" way

• looks like Damn,bro could make me commit to ios fully. definitely eyeballing a refurbd 11 inch pro (the 1tb with 6gb ram) because of this.

• @giku_beepstreet said:

Oh yah. That would be killer.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • What does @giku_beepstreet drink when stranded in the ocean?

Dram-buoy

• wimwim
    edited January 2020

Chuck Norris can kick Drambo’s ass with one arm tied behind his back just to make it fair.

• edited January 2020

Chuck To Giku after he saw an early beta of drambo...

Legend has it that it was the only thumbs up Chuck has given another human being other than his own reflection.

• edited January 2020

Chuck Norris made music app which didn't get any feature request on AB forum.

• @dendy said:
    Chuck Norris made music app which didn't get any festure request on AB forum.

Lolololol

This discussion has been closed.