Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ways to activate loopers for guitar folk

I’ve got a few looper apps, loopy HD, L7 among others and can’t really get the best out of them right now because I don’t have a pedal to trigger them with. Not sure if this has already been discussed at length but are there nice cheap ways to achieve this or is it necessary to have some sort of pedal board?

Cheers for any suggestions,

Chris

Comments

• Do you have any guitar devices that output MIDI.

I have a 15 year old Digitech pedal that happens to output MIDI
    and has an expression pedal and 12 foot buttons. The manual shows only
    6 of the buttons generate external MIDI events. There are probably used
    pedal devices out there that could be put to use.

My Digitech outputs 5-pin MIDI and I hate cables but a Yamaha BT-01 Bluetooth MIDI
    adapter solve that issue for me.

The IK Multimedia BlueBoard is the cleanest solution and many Loopers are already set up to use one of it's 3 modes (Loopy, Quantiloop for example).

If not a pedal would you be willing to tap on the screen and how small a target would you accept. The PAD's in Mozaic are good for these types of Interfaces.

This has been discussed but it's an evolving case since new products and ideas keep being produced. It's worth re-evaluating the options.

• Thanks @McD my pedals are all midi less, but thinking I could try map a key on my Alesis photon and use my foot, maybe a sustain pedal would work? Also good to know re mozaic, another reason to get it 😀

• @Krupa said:
    Thanks @McD my pedals are all midi less, but thinking I could try map a key on my Alesis photon and use my foot, maybe a sustain pedal would work? Also good to know re mozaic, another reason to get it 😀

Yes a sustain pedal will create a MIDI event that could be converted via a Mozaic script to trigger a Looper. Nice idea. Many have sustain pedals or button toggle devices that might convert to MIDI in some hardware devices.

• Cheers for the enabling 😁

A mate suggested impaktor (which I already have) or some other vibration detection but Impaktor doesn’t seem to have midi out...

• @Krupa said:
    Cheers for the enabling 😁

A mate suggested impaktor (which I already have) or some other vibration detection but Impaktor doesn’t seem to have midi out...

IMO, a Bluetooth pedal is well worth the price. If you have a MIDI keyboard that you can put on the floor, you could use that. You could could also connect a sustain pedal to your midi keyboard and use that.

If you wanted to use audio detection, an envelope follower like FAC Envolver can detect a sound and output MIDI that you could use. But a real pedal will require less hassle and be more reliable.

• In a pinch, or rehearsing at home, a bluetooth QWERTY keyboard would also work. You can set up Loopy HD actions to respond to key presses and it works fine for practice. Its actually super easy.

• @Hmtx said:
    In a pinch, or rehearsing at home, a bluetooth QWERTY keyboard would also work. You can set up Loopy HD actions to respond to key presses and it works fine for practice. Its actually super easy.

unless you have big toes.

• @wim said:

@Hmtx said:
    In a pinch, or rehearsing at home, a bluetooth QWERTY keyboard would also work. You can set up Loopy HD actions to respond to key presses and it works fine for practice. Its actually super easy.

unless you have big toes.

Not with a simple Mozaic or StreamByter script OR if you tape a choptstick or popsicle stick to the key that you want to use as a pedal. I did those things till I realized that I'd get a lot of utility out of a Blueboard.

• LOVE the BlueBoard.

• Thanks all, I'll try some of these suggestions, plenty of chopsticks in our house 🤣

Sustain pedal could be the quick fix and might be nice anyway to control aufx in a way that I'm used to (way)

Cheers!