Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atom piano roll is here !

Comments

• I really hope that he will implement exporting and multichannel midi output. I would use it a lot more often if it had those.

• @tk32 said:
    I was part of the small beta team for Atom, and at the time was having daily communication with Blueveek -- just like the helpful and regular responses he was posting here on the forum at the time.

I haven't heard from him in quite a while now, but last I heard he was working very hard at his day job, rewriting parts of the Atom codebase to prepare it for iPadOS (and new features), and also working on other projects.

Please don't feel abandoned - I have a strong feeling this awesome dev will resurface again just when we least expect it!

I do not feel abandoned (yet), but a short post in this topic is the least he could do.

• Must be tough for a developer to keep track of all feature requests.Everyone wants something different but to claim this app is“not finished“ just because someones most important request is not added yet is quite exaggerated.
    Everyone should only buy an app for features that it can do NOW and not for stuff that will be eventually added or not.

And who pays for all the extra development?Maybe sellings were disappointing (as too often on ios).I hope not,it‘s a beautiful app.I would love to see improvements as well like a preset system to use in different hosts or a swing function but if not then so be it..

• I use Atom almost daily and while I would love to see updates, I'm also deeply appreciative that he made this gem in the first place.

• Mr Veek is well and very busy.

• Let’s hope he didn’t get sucked in to the BM3 vortex.

• @echoopera said:
    Let’s hope he didn’t get sucked in to the BM3 vortex.

Hmmm, depends what side of the vortex one is on I guess.

• @AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:
    Let’s hope he didn’t get sucked in to the BM3 vortex.

Hmmm, depends what side of the vortex one is on I guess.

Isn’t that always the case though 🤔

• edited September 2019

It's more like having 3 vortexes (vortices?) around me and all of them are pulling me in :)

Hey again folks.

I've started this thread on the current state of affairs, with some context for what's been going on the past months: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34815/about-atom-audioveek-where-we-are-and-whats-next/p1?new=1

• I just a nasty unload crash using atom in aum, im trying to contact victor with a screen shot but keep getting get an error on the support form, any ideas ?

• @topaz said:
    I just a nasty unload crash using atom in aum, im trying to contact victor with a screen shot but keep getting get an error on the support form, any ideas ?

Send me a DM here.

• One thing I have seen. When assigning a note to trigger on/off with a keyboard it works well to deactivate (off) but then no possibly to activate again (on). And when replacing the keyboard with an instance of Atom (one instance to control all the others), then it doesn’t work at all. Can you please tell me what should be done there?

The Start / Stop parameter (corresponding to the Play / Stop button in Atom's UI, or the round toggle in AUM's UI for example) works like this:

• immediate stop
    • synced start after loop ends

This helps with clip launching, so you can schedule a bunch of clips to start at the same time.

More controls are definitely needed, and these will be part of my future modular solution for clip launching, already in the works for a while

I’m finding the same thing, I can map the start stop parameter to AUMs keyboard but it only responds to stop, I need to start playback again from either the AUM UI button control or from within the plugin window.

New to this app (and AUM really).

Does anyone know if this had been fixed yet? I can stop a clip with an assigned note, but not start it again even with the synced start description above. Configured as below.

With this in mind, is there any other way of building a whole song in AUM without making all clips the length of the whole song?

• @johnrob66 said:
    Does anyone know if this had been fixed yet? I can stop a clip with an assigned note, but not start it again even with the synced start description above. Configured as below.

Nope - this is a long known issue and will probably never be fixed in this app - maybe (hopefully) in the rewrite... timing is in the stars...

• Just followed on to another thread which explained the issues with this app, and an approximate timescale for a rewrite. Damn!

Probably not PC to ask, but what good alternatives exist to use whilst waiting for updates?

Thank you. Merry Xmas all!

• @johnrob66 said:
    Just followed on to another thread which explained the issues with this app, and an approximate timescale for a rewrite. Damn!

Probably not PC to ask, but what good alternatives exist to use whilst waiting for updates?

Thank you. Merry Xmas all!

feel free to ask what you like, there is 'photon' but i'm not so keen on it due to some timing issues and a few quirks which have yet to be updated. Unless you use another host there isn't much out there in AUv3 form.

• Been reading through thread. Saw question asked but didn't see an answer: is there song mode/pattern chain option?

Also is there a manual posted somewhere?

• @rms13 said:
    Been reading through thread. Saw question asked but didn't see an answer: is there song mode/pattern chain option?

No to both questions. It is a nice simple MIDI note recorder, piano roll editor, loop player.

• @espiegel123 said:

@rms13 said:
    Been reading through thread. Saw question asked but didn't see an answer: is there song mode/pattern chain option?

No to both questions. It is a nice simple MIDI note recorder, piano roll editor, loop player.

Thanks. Pattern chain would be nice in the future

• Does anybody find it really difficult to select an accurate loop brace amount with that sliding mechanism. It’s literally taken me half hour to select an 8 bar length. Touch doesn’t seem to respond too well

• @peaking said:
    Does anybody find it really difficult to select an accurate loop brace amount with that sliding mechanism. It’s literally taken me half hour to select an 8 bar length. Touch doesn’t seem to respond too well

Nope. Really never had a problem to dial in exact length that i wanted.

• @peaking said:
    Does anybody find it really difficult to select an accurate loop brace amount with that sliding mechanism. It’s literally taken me half hour to select an 8 bar length. Touch doesn’t seem to respond too well

On phone it seems impossible

• Same problem here. This is no new story and the dev is probably already aware of the issue. I don't know what is happening with this app. It had so much potential but really need more care...

• @cuscolima said:
    Same problem here. This is no new story and the dev is probably already aware of the issue. I don't know what is happening with this app. It had so much potential but really need more care...

The developer has explained that the app needs to be rewritten due to a some software techniques not compatible with current Xcode. He intends to do the work but has an intense full-time job and hasn't been able to get to it.

• Thanks guys at least I don’t feel that stupid now 😉

• @espiegel123 said:

@cuscolima said:
    Same problem here. This is no new story and the dev is probably already aware of the issue. I don't know what is happening with this app. It had so much potential but really need more care...

The developer has explained that the app needs to be rewritten due to a some software techniques not compatible with current Xcode. He intends to do the work but has an intense full-time job and hasn't been able to get to it.

I use this at the start of every project. It’s just about usable but really looking forward to a new version. If @blueveek is going to the trouble of rewriting it, I’d imagine it’s going to be brilliant.

• Yes. Several of us have discussed it, it might have been earlier in this same discussion. It started after iOS 13 update but if you use a stylus, or zoom out to so see 6-12 bars, it’s a lot easier. Also try to move it to the right first, and keep holding then move left if needed.

• @peaking said:

Yes, it often locks up preventing any adjustment.

• @craftycurate said:

@peaking said:

Aim your finger slightly above where you’d normally place it; it seems to activate the slider more effectively. It also works better if the slider is below an empty space in the toolbar, as opposed to being beneath the Start/Stop or Undo/Redo icons.

• @Beathoven said:

@craftycurate said:

@peaking said:

Aim your finger slightly above where you’d normally place it; it seems to activate the slider more effectively. It also works better if the slider is below an empty space in the toolbar, as opposed to being beneath the Start/Stop or Undo/Redo icons.

Sure wish this would get fixed. That doesn’t really work all that often and it’s why I rarely use this one to be honest.