Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Poly 2 Beat Skip and MIDI In tutorial (and a jam)

Comments

• Awesome!!!!!

• edited January 2020

Nice, keep them coming..

Thank You..

• Just came to share this video to the forum.

Brilliant work @espiegel123

• Thanks for the thumbs ups! Glad you liked it.

• Thanks so much for this, @espiegel123 . Just getting into Poly 2 and this is very helpful.

Unrelated: I wanted to add this and several of your other videos to a playlist to watch later and YT wouldn’t let me because it’s marked as “made for kids” :D

• @Druzy said:
    Thanks so much for this, @espiegel123 . Just getting into Poly 2 and this is very helpful.

Unrelated: I wanted to add this and several of your other videos to a playlist to watch later and YT wouldn’t let me because it’s marked as “made for kids” :D

Thanks for letting me know. I guess I misunderstood YT's new settings re kids.

• @espiegel123 Thank you for sharing this.. I haven't dug into Poly 2 too much.. these tips will definitely help and the beat skip feature looks v-e-r-y interesting..

• @royor said:
    @espiegel123 Thank you for sharing this.. I haven't dug into Poly 2 too much.. these tips will definitely help and the beat skip feature looks v-e-r-y interesting..

Yes it is - I dug in for an hour last night after watching and I think I'm gonna be doing the same shortly... great fun.

• @espiegel123 nice one. Thanks for this. 👊🏼™️

• Really good stuff! Thank you for taking the time

• I hadn’t dealt with the Midi side of Poly 2 at all so this was very helpful. Thanks!

• @espiegel123 Thank you very much, very helpfull!

• I am glad folks are getting something out of the video. Thanks for the comments

• @Druzy said:
    Thanks so much for this, @espiegel123 . Just getting into Poly 2 and this is very helpful.

Should be fixed. That whole "made for kids" setting works very differently from how I imagined. I had no idea that it would limit things this way. Thanks for the heads up.

• dude this was a great video! thank you

• @reasOne said:
    dude this was a great video! thank you

:) Tx

• Hi

Is it possible to drive a poly 2 with an another instance of poly 2, this for the notes input ?

I would do this in AUM : poly 2 (midi AUM) send midi to drambo, drambo send midi to an other instance of poly 2 (audio AUM) ...

Thanks

• @Cristus said:
    Hi

Is it possible to drive a poly 2 with an another instance of poly 2, this for the notes input ?

I would do this in AUM : poly 2 (midi AUM) send midi to drambo, drambo send midi to an other instance of poly 2 (audio AUM) ...

Thanks

Anything that sends MIDI Notes can be used by Poly 2 as a note source including other instances of Poly 2

• @espiegel123

But it doesn't work. I can't do it. Either via drambo or directly poly 2 to poly 2.

I will continue my investments.

Thanks for your responsiveness.

• @Cristus said:
    @espiegel123

But it doesn't work. I can't do it. Either via drambo or directly poly 2 to poly 2.

I will continue my investments.

Thanks for your responsiveness.

It absolutely does work!

A few things to consider when sending Poly to Poly (not going to add in Drambo, as that's a whole other can 'o worms).

The way Poly acts, when receiving MIDI notes is as a complex arpeggiator. So you really want to send sustaining notes as those become the "pool" that the receiving Poly track uses to select which notes to play at the times specified by its nodes (as if you set the notes directly with the RND or SEQ modes).

The Sending track in the sending instance of Poly has its output set in the Settings panel. Here you can specify a MIDI channel, root note, root octave, whether you even send MIDI, etc. This is also where you specify the maximum note length.

The actual note length is specified by the Length attribute of each node on the right of the big circle as a percentage of the max length. Also, the Length Randomize parameter on the left affects the output note length.

Of course, the pitch sent is specified by the Keyboard setting, but it interacts with the Root settings in the Settings panel.

The Receiving track has its MIDI input specified under the Keyboard settings. You need to make sure the MIDI channel here matches what the Sending track is set to.

• What i want to do is triggering the second poly 2 with the first poly 2, not transposing the notes on the second poly 2 because i use this last as a sampler not as a sequencer, the sequencer is the first poly 2

I know i am complicated

Thanks a lot for your time and explanations

• @Cristus said:
    What i want to do is triggering the second poly 2 with the first poly 2, not transposing the notes on the second poly 2 because i use this last as a sampler not as a sequencer, the sequencer is the first poly 2

I know i am complicated

Thanks a lot for your time and explanations

Yeah, pitch information will come from the first Poly, but the triggers are dictated by the Second, so this probably isn't the workflow you want.

• @aplourde

yes you have understood what I am looking for : first is the sequencer, second is only the sampler with no sequence

I think it’s not possible