Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

Comments

• edited January 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:

@giku_beepstreet said:
    Clocking S&H with a steady clock is virtually the same as downsampling (decimation).

I guess this isn’t obvious to everyone.
    It means if you feed your Audiosignal into s/h and control the clock with Puls oscillator
    You are changing the samplerate of the audiosignal with osc speed

We had a movie example?
    So we are now playing the movie slower and you can see it’s made out of series of single pictures.

A strobe light !

• edited January 2020

When I wuz in Mexico I put Dramblok on my fleshy b its. Livin the Dream...

Now that I think of it, I don't ever want to be [regular] blocked again. Drambonie the Zambonie Driver...

edit Oops, I meant to comment something like:

Is this still coming out before February? If so, thats like, really soon..........

But take your sweet time, buttercup.

Drambo for POTUS 2020

• @Max23 said:

@giku_beepstreet said:
    Clocking S&H with a steady clock is virtually the same as downsampling (decimation).

I guess this isn’t obvious to everyone.
    It means if you feed your Audiosignal into s/h and control the clock with Puls oscillator
    You are changing the samplerate of the audiosignal with osc speed

We had a movie example?
    So we are now playing the movie slower and you can see it’s made out of series of single pictures.

S&H circuits are frequently used in ADCs.

• @Liquidmantis said:
    Or why get upset with a developer for other people rambling out of control on a 3rd party forum.

Internet opened the possibility for people to be negative and they feel the need to expose it to try and contaminate others :lol:

Like who thumbs down videos :tongue:

• I think what people find confusing about sample/hold is that (unless they are engineers) they usually know about it in a particular context and think that context (usually sample/hold of noise to get random c/v or notes or cc)

It is super simple. Sample and hold means simply this : take a measurement of something (that is what sample means) and remember the measurement until you take a new measurement.

The taking of a new measurement is usually triggered by a gate or clock or trigger signal.

It is something really simple that can be put to a lot of different uses. Before semiconductors, it was something tricky to do -- get a measurement of a continuously changing signal at a particular time and hold onto it (which lets you ignore variation).

Here is an analog example: read a thermometer every hour and write the current temperature on the whiteboard (erasing the old temperature).

• Sample and hold can be really interesting if you're using FM on LFOs. FM synthesis with LFOs in general is under explored imho

• @senhorlampada tr> @senhorlampada said:

@Liquidmantis said:
    Or why get upset with a developer for other people rambling out of control on a 3rd party forum.

Internet opened the possibility for people to be negative and they feel the need to expose it to try and contaminate others :lol:

Like who thumbs down videos :tongue:

So true. People are always projecting their anger, fear, & insecurities onto other people/places/things, and the overwhelming majority of the time, its not even the source or cause of their actual fear/insecurity. I try to always be conscious of this fact. I don’t want to make that mistake, nor let someone’s “bad day” or whatever make me feel like I did something wrong, when they are Just projecting their own $#;% onto me.

• I think it’s more human behavior, but the internet has made it has made it so much more prevalent, intense, and a dozen other adjectives...

• I like to sample and hold anger/fear/insecurity/greed for their transformative / reactive properties rather than give them a platform... maybe a bit of compression, direct the distortion / transformation onto a sonic canvas.

DRAMBO FOR POTUS 2020!!

• I used to play drambone in Jr high band for a bit and really interested to see how the modifications coming from @giku_beepstreet change the brass section landscape of today’s youth.

• Gettin a dramboner over here

• For even more fun than s/h, how about an analog shift register? it's just a bunch of sample and holds in series, so let's say we have a 3 output one, when you hit the clock input with a high voltage, the voltage at the input is held at the first output. When the next high voltage hits the clock input, the voltage at the first output is held at the second output, and then the voltage at the input is held at the first. Next clock input, the second output is held at the third output, the first output is held at the second, and the input is held at the first output...

• @giku_beepstreet said:

Are you implying that audio rate modulation is possible in Drambo?
    That'd be super-cool!

• @YourJunk said:
    Gettin a dramboner over here

A+

• @rs2000 said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

That'd be super-cool!

Unless my understanding of audio rate modulation is wrong, it’s definitely possible and produces awesome results. You can modulate other parameters with any signal you generate. This includes regular old oscillators.

• @YourJunk said:
    Gettin a dramboner over here

Damnbro

• wimwim
    edited January 2020

Does it have a photon de-normalizing interrogator circuit, or do you have resort to external grapnel modulation grid attenuators?

Is this something Mozaic could help with?

• @wim said:
    Does it have a photon de-normalizing interrogator circuit, or do you have resort to external grapnel modulation grid attenuators?

I don’t think Mozaic can produce the required forescent skor motion, unless it can be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration.

• @muffin said:

@wim said:

I don’t think Mozaic can produce the required forescent skor motion, unless it can be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration.

No, it can absolutely do that, but you'll have to rotate your nids to get the full effect.

• Everytime he says Crambone —> Drambo (ne)

• @audiblevideo said:
    Everytime he says Crambone —> Drambo (ne)

LOL I was going to post that as well but thought surely somebody had posted it in this thread. Haha, so funny.

• @scottsunn said:
    I like to sample and hold anger/fear/insecurity/greed for their transformative / reactive properties rather than give them a platform... maybe a bit of compression, direct the distortion / transformation onto a sonic canvas.

DRAMBO FOR POTUS 2020!!

Well said, on both counts.

• @rs2000 said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

That'd be super-cool!

Every signal and modulation runs at sample rate.

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@rs2000 said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

That'd be super-cool!

Amazing. I'm curious about CPU demand, everything on sample rate could be pretty expensive

• refreshing the app store....too early 🤣😎

• edited January 2020

@dendy said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

@rs2000 said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

That'd be super-cool!

Amazing. I'm curious about CPU demand, everything on sample rate could be pretty expensive

Thats not all.. Every signal is polyphonic and stereo. My ipad pro (prev gen) never went beyond 40%. its possible because there are no instant/delayless feedbacks, audio is processed in blocks. Delayed feedbacks are possible.

• edited January 2020

@reasOne I gonna let you (all of you) know, a few days before expected release

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@dendy said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

@rs2000 said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

That'd be super-cool!

Thats not all.. Every signal is polyphonic and stereo. My ipad pro (prev gen) never went beyond 40%. its possible because there are no instant/delayless feedbacks, audio is processed in blocks. Delayed feedbacks are possible.

You're making me more and more excited.
    If you do something, you do it right.
    Hats off. And as people used to say, miracles can take some time 😁

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    @reasOne I gonna let you (all of you) know, a few days before expected release

Yeahhhh

This discussion has been closed.