Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Whats yer 'remix' app of choice??

Watched the 2019 Rock/Roll Hall of Fame ceremony, today, finally, and was thrown back into listening to obscure tracks from 'The Cure' and 'Radiohead' yum.... So much potential remix fodder there.

I like BM3, Egoist, and Sector for remix meltdowns, any others I should consider?

Comments

• I only use cubasis 2 to remix a song to have full control of the remix. Will build tracks in the other apps and import into the DAW. Haven’t really tested outside of Cubasis.

• I’ve used egoist in the past. It‘s worked a treat.

• That’s a weapon I need to add

@supadom said:
    I’ve used egoist in the past. It‘s worked a treat.

• Blocs/Launchpad/Ableton.

• Reslice or Egoist

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    Blocs/Launchpad/Ableton.

Yeah blocs and Launchpad are great for this....also awesome if you want to do mashups too :)

• With remixing someones track, where do you stand with copyright law?
    Surely you cant start sampling from say a michael jackson song? Or can you.

• @Small_paul1976 said:
    With remixing someones track, where do you stand with copyright law?

Remixing is one thing, do whatever you want. Releasing is another.

• @AudioGus said:

@Small_paul1976 said:

Also true of marriage.

• edited January 2020

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

@Small_paul1976 said:

Also true of marriage.

Enjoy your ‘conference in Orlando’

• @Small_paul1976 said:

Make a "banger" remix, drop it at "the club" and create a cult following/mystery, no problem.

• Traktor DJ has been a primary tool for me on remix projects. I don’t do a lot of remixes, but within the ones that I’ve done, it has been an essential part.

• McDMcD
    edited January 2020

@Lady_App_titude said:
    Traktor DJ has been a primary tool for me on remix projects. I don’t do a lot of remixes, but within the ones that I’ve done, it has been an essential part.

My first thought was "I'd just use whatever @Lady_App_titude uses". Her remixes of
    Todd Rundgren tracks are legendary. Follow the leader... now matching her taste and judgement will take effort but start with the right tools.

Off to check out "Traktor DJ" and see what I have left of my credits. Universal support has become important to me with a new iPhone this week. Bigger screen and more storage and RAM than my iPad. I still hate small GUI's but with Universal I can share and use the right tools.

Stay tuned...

OK $10 buy-in
    iPad only
    $2 IAP for slicing so $12.

It's from Native Instruments. Good company on Desktops.
    Released in 2013 so that might explain @Lady_App_titude's use.
    Probably first to market and she sees no reason to invest in a newer
    solution.

Not ready to commit without more reviws.

I'm not MC "D" so this is not my joint. I'm just Scotch/Irish and 1/2 Finn.
    An all-American mutt.

• I've been pretty unimpressed with all NI ios releases so far... I don't understand why they don't port the full Traktor and Maschine apps to iOS, I've spent the money on the hardware, and the whole idea is to use the hardware and set the computer over there or under the table. Sure would be nice if that computer were an iPad...

• By now I've been using Ableton Live but I'll definitely have a look at Serato Studio soon.