Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SUNVOX IS AU

Carry on.

EDIT: link if you need it https://apps.apple.com/us/app/sunvox/id324462544

Comments

• This time I have no excuse to not use it...

But it is quite intimidating. Is there a step by step guide to start (from scratch) with this app ?

• edited January 2020

B) :D
    Amazing update, this is great news for the platform.

This will massively improve my workflow. Also since Alexander is making a VST version, it will mean transferring projects from apps like AUM to desktop much easier...

First question though, does it have midi out? I can't see a midi out port in AUM...

• edited January 2020

OK, WHAT-?!

game changer.
    I just loaded it in NS2. Its like putting your app inside your app, so you can music while you music.
    I've been designing strange workflows for years, but honestly have no idea of the magnitude of possibilities this opens up. Wow.

• Respect! 👊

• edited January 2020

Yeah, great stuff but looks like we might have to wait for midi out.... seems impossible to select it in the interface.

• @cuscolima said:
    This time I have no excuse to not use it...

But it is quite intimidating. Is there a step by step guide to start (from scratch) with this app ?

There is an amazing series of video tutorials that cover just about everything.

• I think this deserves a “w00t!”

• @espiegel123 said:

@cuscolima said:
    This time I have no excuse to not use it...

There is an amazing series of video tutorials that cover just about everything.

https://www.warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/

• Also tutorials

• edited January 2020

@Jocphone said:
    I think this deserves a “w00t!”

w :) :) t

• So how exactly does being AU make it easier to tame this beauty? Can each module now be inserted as a midi module in the daw?

• Impressive! :o

• This is huge!

• @Tones4Christ said:
    So how exactly does being AU make it easier to tame this beauty? Can each module now be inserted as a midi module in the daw?

It doesn’t make it any easier to tame.

You could limit each instance to one module, but I’m not sure that buys you much - unless it somehow helps it to not hurt your brain so much. :D

• One of the best things is you can now use SunVox as an AU generator in Aum, etc - So you can record it directly, add other fx, etc. You can also have multiple projects going simultaneously.

One thing I haven’t figured out yet is how to import projects from the IAA version to the AU, they don’t show up automatically.

Still this is a superb update! 😺🌈🚀 Looking forward to AU FX, and AU midi.. 😍

• One thing I haven’t figured out yet is how to import projects from the IAA version to the AU, they don’t show up automatically.

You can import projects from the export/import function in the main menu, e.g go to system import, then browse to the sunvox folder in the "on my ipad" section

• i love the instruments and effects of sunvox but quit really using trackers years ago, so i’ve always used sunvox just for it’s sounds.... this really opens it up for me!!! can sequence multiple instances now with all these great ios sequencers... now to put it to the test and see how many instances my ipad can take 🤪

great stuff! also i set up a quick pad synth and ran ol SPA into it, hit record on sunvox and it recorded!! it did not seem to record the sounds into the tracker tho so i guess it went into the linear timeline ? i can’t really find it on the au but i hear it lol ... never really understood that part of sunvox...and how it relates to the trackor 🤷🏻‍♂️

• @reasOne said:
    i love the instruments and effects of sunvox but quit really using trackers years ago, so i’ve always used sunvox just for it’s sounds.... this really opens it up for me!!! can sequence multiple instances now with all these great ios sequencers... now to put it to the test and see how many instances my ipad can take 🤪

great stuff! also i set up a quick pad synth and ran ol SPA into it, hit record on sunvox and it recorded!! it did not seem to record the sounds into the tracker tho so i guess it went into the linear timeline ? i can’t really find it on the au but i hear it lol ... never really understood that part of sunvox...and how it relates to the trackor 🤷🏻‍♂️

Funny, I tried a similar thing, having grown up on octamed, couldn't ever to back to that so I tried to record in a sequence from atom but didn't see it pop up in the tracker either... Great to put some tunes through those sounds though!

• Amazing. Now I can feel like an inadequate moron again, but this time in AU!

😢

• I wish buying the app on Android transfered to ios. I know it will never happen, but one can dream!

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    Amazing. Now I can feel like an inadequate moron again, but this time in AU!

😢

:D

• @Krupa said:

@reasOne said:
    i love the instruments and effects of sunvox but quit really using trackers years ago, so i’ve always used sunvox just for it’s sounds.... this really opens it up for me!!! can sequence multiple instances now with all these great ios sequencers... now to put it to the test and see how many instances my ipad can take 🤪

Funny, I tried a similar thing, having grown up on octamed, couldn't ever to back to that so I tried to record in a sequence from atom but didn't see it pop up in the tracker either... Great to put some tunes through those sounds though!

but the audio was captured right? some how there is a timeline i never understood in sunvox lol but i can’t even find it on the au i might need to go full screen... didn’t get much time to mess with it before work

@Philandering_Bastard said:

😢

🤣🤣 likewise man

• I have been waiting for this day, but I’m on break at work and intentionally disabled cellular data for the app sore. That and I won’t touch SunVox on my phone screen, even though that is where I first used it years back.

• @Carnbot said:

One thing I haven’t figured out yet is how to import projects from the IAA version to the AU, they don’t show up automatically.

You can import projects from the export/import function in the main menu, e.g go to system import, then browse to the sunvox folder in the "on my ipad" section

Thanks! 👍 that worked perfectly 😺. What confused me was that I went to Import, when I needed to go to System Import. With SunVox you really do need to know the exact menus & like others have said, YouTube videos are the best for learning it! Worth doing imo..

Also @reasOne to get to the timeline, go full screen, then under the transport buttons (for me it’s the 3rd Play button with a P) there’s an icon that shows/hides the timeline 😀

• wimwim
    edited January 2020

For those thinking midi in isn’t being recorded, keep in mind that you may see nothing in the tracker unless a module that has midi present for it is selected. You also need to have a pattern selected in the pattern timeline (activated by a button near the middle-right of the screen.

• edited January 2020

I’m not sure if I really need it as an instrument, but if it were ever updated with AU effect support, that would open up a world of possibilities with all the ways you can process and modulate audio in Sunvox. I hope it’s considered sometime in the future.

• @Eschatone said:
    I’m not sure if I really need it as an instrument, but if it were ever updated with AU effect support, that would open up a world of possibilities with all the ways you can process and modulate audio in Sunvox. I hope it’s considered sometime in the future.

I think I read that AU Effect is planned.

• Return of the Xovnus! 👍

@Philandering_Bastard said:

😢

And in stereo, too! I’ll go on the left, you go on the right... wider! 😄