Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sample chopping utility?

I'm working on a project where I have samples that are perfectly looped but I want to chop each four bar loop into four separate one bar loops. This is quite easily handled in AudioShare but is also quite tedious to do manually as I work through chopping many loops. I have Synthjacker but it's not really designed for this use case. Any other iOS utility apps that automatically chop samples down as described?

Comments

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I'm working on a project where I have samples that are perfectly looped but I want to chop each four bar loop into four separate one bar loops. This is quite easily handled in AudioShare but is also quite tedious to do manually as I work through chopping many loops. I have Synthjacker but it's not really designed for this use case. Any other iOS utility apps that automatically chop samples down as described?

ReSlice. BeatMaker 3. BeatMaker 2.

BM3 and BM2 can also save loops (including slice markers) in AppleLoops-compatible format.

• Check out Auditor by Living Memory

• @espiegel123 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

ReSlice. BeatMaker 3. BeatMaker 2.

BM3 and BM2 can also save loops (including slice markers) in AppleLoops-compatible format.

Well, now how did I forget BM3? I’ve been using the transient detection so much that I forgot about the equal length slicing! Duh.

• Back in my day we use to chop samples by hand, uphill, in the rain.

Nowadays I would probably use Reslice, or Auditor but haven’t really checked that one out enough yet for chopping needs.

• @audiblevideo said:
    Check out Auditor by Living Memory

Will do. Thx!

• @ruggedsmooth said:
    Back in my day we use to chop samples by hand, uphill, in the rain.

Nowadays I would probably use Reslice, or Auditor but haven’t really checked that one out enough yet for chopping needs.

I used to dream about chopping samples by hand, uphill, in the rain.

• I'd probably use Blocs Waves - with the Slicer. (can't remember if Slicer is an IAP..)

• @audiblevideo said:

Was it updated to do slicing?

• @animalelder said:

@audiblevideo said:

Was it updated to do slicing?

Create
    Crossfade Loops
    Tools for creating crossfade loops and

(coming soon) tools for slicing, stretching and analysis.

• Samplist App is also good at this. You bring in your audio, and create as many loop points as needed and then save as a zip of wave files.

• edited January 2020

Caustic can do this.. Simply lock the selection handles and set the grid to 'beats', then save your selection as a new file. It even remembers the last used filename so naming your new loop is quick and easy..

• @Halftone said:
    I'd probably use Blocs Waves - with the Slicer. (can't remember if Slicer is an IAP..)

Yes it is but worth the pennies...

• @DYMS said:
    Samplist App is also good at this. You bring in your audio, and create as many loop points as needed and then save as a zip of wave files.

I would say that this is the best option right now. At $4 on sale, it is probably the easiest way to chop up a sample and get the files out.

• @animalelder said:

@DYMS said:
    Samplist App is also good at this. You bring in your audio, and create as many loop points as needed and then save as a zip of wave files.

I would say that this is the best option right now. At $4 on sale, it is probably the easiest way to chop up a sample and get the files out.

Personally, I feel like the slice editing in Samplist is awkward. ReSlice's editing features are a lot easier to use. It can slice in equal divisions of by transient and adjusting slices is easy. On top of that, it can export a MIDI file that corresponds to the slices if one has non-equal slices. Its arpeggiator is lots of fun, too. It lacks time-stretch but offers a lot to make up for it.

• There's an issue with Samplist where it's hard to see the transients in the file. Below is a comparison of the same file between Audioshare and Samplist.

I've contacted the dev, Alecs. They have a young baby so he's not having much time to work on the app atm. Hopefully a fix for the future though because it's a nice app dedicated to that function.