Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NAMM 2020 DIY Midi controller and Audio interface with iPad

Comments

• That’s Dope!🔥🔥🔥

• It’s only $150 that’s great and I can upgrade it my self that means I can put it in anything lol DIY

• Ummm... 🤔

• @AudioGus said:
    Ummm... 🤔

lol right

• @thatguysmitty said:
    That’s Dope!🔥🔥🔥

I thought it was fire

• How did Over a thousand people spend that much money on this, or am I missing something? Is it magical? Couldn’t you buy a Teensy or Arduino or whatever? I don’t know much about making DIY controllers, but I thought it was like $50.

The most expensive part, I would think, would be the case and materials. Cardboard?

• Well let’s say the middle...

150 seems legit if you include the app and the full kit product.

You can do something similar with Arduino and some spare parts but there are also some dedicated boards. Maybe not rocket science but requires some knowledge...
    Also use koala or similar... but you need to add also time and enclosure design (not expert mode but trivial neither) so it’s a mix between easy diy and hipsterism.

In the end diy and cheap (or affordable) aren’t true compatible if you don’t count time expend or wasted.
    The main aim to approach diy should be learning electronics or design/build things aren’t available.

• Well it is three things in one. Midi controller Audio interface and Monitors

• @Shazamm said:
    Well it is three things in one. Midi controller Audio interface and Monitors

Oh I must have missed that. Ok yeah that’s much better

• @animalelder said:

@Shazamm said:
    Well it is three things in one. Midi controller Audio interface and Monitors

Oh I must have missed that. Ok yeah that’s much better

oh and the app

• edited January 2020

Yes, you can do awesome things with an Arduino (actually I use Teensy because it’s easier for MIDI). I have a DIY 24x foot switch guitar pedal board thing that I use with Gig Performer and it works bi-directionally already (pre MIDI 2.0) because programming.

But that’s the thing: it takes a lot of time to program everything to work correctly, work well and work smoothly.

And putting something in a case with knobs and switches can easily triple the cost (and some).

• I forgot this...
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34021/ot-beatbox-rhythmo

About teensy vs arduino check my post about diy midi controller (linked inside the above link) and how the opendeck firmware makes them a cheap diy midi kit but the issue comes with flashing them which isn’t hard but not trivial neither.
    If someone want to go this alternative route we can use any of my topics if you want as resource/build record. In fact I have all the pieces (including a enclosure) but I’m lazy af and I have too many project to make :lol:

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    I forgot this...
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34021/ot-beatbox-rhythmo

About teensy vs arduino check my post about diy midi controller (linked inside the above link) and how the opendeck firmware makes them a cheap diy midi kit but the issue comes with flashing them which isn’t hard but not trivial neither.
    If someone want to go this alternative route we can use any of my topics if you want as resource/build record. In fact I have all the pieces (including a enclosure) but I’m lazy af and I have too many project to make :lol:

thats kinda cool

• I have seen the pieces in the basement and this topic come to my mind... but I didn't get them because I have too many things in the lab ATM...