Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LUXE Audio Enhancer by Klevgränd produkter AB

edited January 2020 in General App Discussion

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1483028688

Description:

LUXE is an AUv3 effect plugin that compress and saturate an audio signal in a quite subtile but musical way. It's very useful for making a track "fit in the mix" and can be used on anything from a drum bus to a vocal track.

Its only continuous user parameter intelligently controls a set of internal (non-visible) parameters which makes LUXE an easy tool to use for quick results.

The FINESSE algorithm offers an alternate frequency response and adds some edge to the internal saturation module.

User Interface

Amount Slider - Controls how much the algorithm should process the incoming audio.

Algorithm switch - Switches between the LUXE and the FINESSE algorithm

Bypass - Soft bypass of the plugin.

Visuals

The round shape and the pin indicate how much the incoming audio is altered by the algorithm.

Full documentation available inside the app or at https://klevgrand.se/downloads/luxe-docs/

NOTE! LUXE is an AUv3 plugin that only works in an AUv3 compliant host like Garageband, AUM, Cubasis, Beatmaker 3, Auria etc.

https://klevgrand.se/products/luxe

Comments

• Love it! One of those plugins that make everything sound better

• Love the video. Really well done! :)

• Sweet! I have a bunch of French vocal tracks taking up space, and now I can finally use them all.

• French vocal track? Oui.

German vocal track? Nein.

badumtiss.

• judging by the examples on the site, either I'm getting deaf (which is possible) or the effect is so subtle that I can't appreciate it, even with my trusty AKG studio headphones. I'll have to download the demo and check it for myself.

• @Faland said:
    judging by the examples on the site, either I'm getting deaf (which is possible) or the effect is so subtle that I can't appreciate it, even with my trusty AKG studio headphones. I'll have to download the demo and check it for myself.

+1

I agree the effect is subtle for sure.
    Listening on studio monitors.

• Please be for iPad & iPhone both. Some Klevgrands are some aren’t. 🤞

• edited January 2020

@iammane said:
    French vocal track? Oui.

German vocal track? Nein.

badumtiss.

perhaps? (in english) :)

https://smallrocks.bandcamp.com/track/oui-non-peut-tre

• @iammane said:
    badumtiss.

I thought perhaps this was a German word...until I said it aloud. :)

• I am truly perplexed about this plugin. And to be honest, I'm also perplexed about Klevgrand in general.
    They made some of the best plugins available on iOS (and on desktop):
    I think of Brusfri, Reamp, GotoEq, Korvpressor, Kleverb... but lately, probably starting from Stark (frankly bad), they have made a series of plugins, in my opinion, quite mediocre. Knorr, the new Haaze (for a fee, wrong move in my humble opinion) and even Hillman left me quite cold, after all the time I waited for a new instrument from them.

This LUXE isn't really my cup of tea. With low settings it is practically irrelevant while, with high settings, it simply destroys the mix. Everything becomes confused and saturated, but not in a pleasant way. It also increases the level by more than 3dB, and we know what greater volume implies... a simply comparison through Melda Audio's MCompare, which makes the perceived volume equal, it highlights what I have described.

I'm sorry to be so hard on this new product from Klevgrand, but for some time now I've been feeling like a betrayed lover.

• @kgmessier said:

@iammane said:
    badumtiss.

I thought perhaps this was a German word...until I said it aloud. :)

:D

• @Faland said:
    I am truly perplexed about this plugin. And to be honest, I'm also perplexed about Klevgrand in general.
    They made some of the best plugins available on iOS (and on desktop):
    I think of Brusfri, Reamp, GotoEq, Korvpressor, Kleverb... but lately, probably starting from Stark (frankly bad), they have made a series of plugins, in my opinion, quite mediocre. Knorr, the new Haaze (for a fee, wrong move in my humble opinion) and even Hillman left me quite cold, after all the time I waited for a new instrument from them.

This LUXE isn't really my cup of tea. With low settings it is practically irrelevant while, with high settings, it simply destroys the mix. Everything becomes confused and saturated, but not in a pleasant way. It also increases the level by more than 3dB, and we know what greater volume implies... a simply comparison through Melda Audio's MCompare, which makes the perceived volume equal, it highlights what I have described.

I'm sorry to be so hard on this new product from Klevgrand, but for some time now I've been feeling like a betrayed lover.

I’m sorry to say this, but you perfectly point out the question. I subscribed.

• Can't hear anything on that video. Maybe youtube would have been a better place to share the demo.

I find their stuff very hit or miss. I did like Hillman though... One trick pony sure, but a nice trick.

• Whatever this does…wouldn’t that be part of what Grand Finale does? If not…why not? And how am supposed to properly judge the effect of these without audio level compensation of the dry to the wet mix?
    I thought loudness tricked everyone into thinking a mix was better in every case. ???

• Klevgränd definitely has a very distinctive sound signature. I hear similarities in character between Reamp/Stark/Korvpressor and now Luxe. Kind of a saturated, warm, lo-fi sound. I personally love it and can make use of all of these plugins but for sure not in every genre/project.

• @jacou said:
    Klevgränd definitely has a very distinctive sound signature. I hear similarities in character between Reamp/Stark/Korvpressor and now Luxe. Kind of a saturated, warm, lo-fi sound. I personally love it and can make use of all of these plugins but for sure not in every genre/project.

True. Adds a nice lo-fi saturation, emphasizing the mid-high range, to the detriment of the low and high frequencies.
    In this it can be effective, but then why is it presented with the name, not really appropriate, of audio enhancer?

As a lo-fi saturator it may be fine (and it may be that I will buy it, also given the low price) but as "enhancer" not at all, imho. Cheers

• @Faland said:...but lately, probably starting from Stark (frankly bad), they have made a series of plugins, in my opinion, quite mediocre. Knorr, the new Haaze (for a fee, wrong move in my humble opinion) and even Hillman left me quite cold, after all the time I waited for a new instrument from them.

I can't speak to the others you mention above, but I quite like Haaze 2. I probably use it on a daily basis to add width and put things in a more natural sound field.

• @kgmessier said:

@Faland said:...but lately, probably starting from Stark (frankly bad), they have made a series of plugins, in my opinion, quite mediocre. Knorr, the new Haaze (for a fee, wrong move in my humble opinion) and even Hillman left me quite cold, after all the time I waited for a new instrument from them.

I can't speak to the others you mention above, but I quite like Haaze 2. I probably use it on a daily basis to add width and put things in a more natural sound field.

Yes, I mentioned Haaze, more for their pricing policy than for the actual sound, as one of the reasons for my little disaffection for Klevgrand.
    First, I would have liked a free update, but ok, I can stand it;
    second, if the original one had a fair price, € 5.49 if I'm not mistaken, version 2 costs € 16.99 (three times more) which for a mono-stereo plug-in is quite high.

• I may try out the demo on desktop but it seems similar to what TB Enhancer does

• I was comparing various mixes put through Grand Finale versus our old buddy Bark Filter, and apparently I still like BF the best. For a single app mix-varnisher. Willing to give this a try however.

• @Faland said:
    Yes, I mentioned Haaze, more for their pricing policy than for the actual sound, as one of the reasons for my little disaffection for Klevgrand.
    First, I would have liked a free update, but ok, I can stand it;
    second, if the original one had a fair price, € 5.49 if I'm not mistaken, version 2 costs € 16.99 (three times more) which for a mono-stereo plug-in is quite high.

Ah, I didn't realize the regular price was so much higher with version 2 versus the original. I probably bought it right when it came out (since it's such an important component for me), when it was $9.99. I do think Haaze 2 is so much better than the original that it warrants a separate purchase, but I can appreciate your frustration over it being three times the original price.

• Not all that comfy with the injection/addictive imagery myself ... too many missing mates.

• the question is, does it glue better than Tripleband Bark Filter ?

• I’m split in half. I don’t want to get it because it’s iPad only(and I’ve been doing a lot on Cubasis 3 lately from Pad to Phone so I really see the value in universal apps now. BUT it’s only 4.99 so that’s almost free!!!
    I shall delegate this decision to...
    The Soundtestroom

• I really don’t know what goes into making an app universal, so devs please forgive the ignorance—

But it’s seems like this is a pretty simple app..why wouldn’t it be universal? Is it a significantly larger effort? Or
    Phones not powerful enough? Or a
    Marketing move?

• I have updated the thread title and updated my initial post with link to the app and the app description.

• Geez, I’m not so sure about this one. I stuck it on each track of a three track work in progress project (keys, bass, drums) and bounced just to see what it would do. It does provide better bass definition, but I’m definitely not a fan of it on a drum bus (or in this case, sample drum kit). There is something it is doing in sum, but I wouldn’t call it an enhancer in the classic sense at all. It’s a compressor/colorer. It’s got somewhat of a nice color to it, but it definitely wasn’t what I was going for. (Please note this was just a heavy-handed use example.)

• Bought it to try. Not so satisfied about the result. Maybe I’m becoming def and I am not the right person to talk but the best result for me is Bark filter.

• This and Bark F are completely different beasts. LUXE is more a very simplified version of Reamp, as it adds saturation and compression with a pronounced midrange boost.
    So it's not good on mix buses IMHO, but it should be nice on a single track, such as vocals, guitars, snares and any other sources located mainly in the mid-high frequencies.

In the end I bought it, given the low price, and because I still want to support the guys from Klevgrand, but I'm still waiting for a product that lives up to their abilities.
    If you need a suggestion, let's say I would like it to start with "syn" and end with "th".