Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lumbeat app issues.

edited January 2020 in General App Discussion

iBassist has a non workable song mode gfx bug that needs fixing.

Funk Drummer and Future Drummer often disconnect from AUM.

Live mode doesn’t work or functions incorrect.

Song mode stops working when running in the background.

Some respond to IIA sync some don’t.

I have always said that an app is ”only really as good as its support”.

@LuisMartinez is absolutely a great developer but please please do not abandon these apps.

;-)

Comments

• iBassist also crashes a lot with AUM. Almost every time I launch it.

• email [email protected] if you have issues with these apps, Luis does not really frequent this forum too much.

I have reported issues to this email address before and have found him to be a nice guy and he does fix issues if he can reproduce them.

With regard these two specifically

• Some apps have link some don't.
    • Some respond to IIA sync some don’t.

I thought all had link, and if link is turned on then IAA sync is ignored, if you want to use IAA sync then turn off link. :)

• Tried that, and no replies.

I did get a hint on twitter about the gfx bug but no more since.

iBassist is not working with IAA.

@AndyPlankton said:
    email [email protected] if you have issues with these apps, Luis does not really frequent this forum too much.

I have reported issues to this email address before and have found him to be a nice guy and he does fix issues if he can reproduce them.

With regard these two specifically

• Some apps have link some don't.
    • Some respond to IIA sync some don’t.

I thought all had link, and if link is turned on then IAA sync is ignored, if you want to use IAA sync then turn off link. :)

• edited January 2020

This is a real pig of a bug that should of been fixed at source :-(

• @topaz said:

That happens when you have reduce transparency setting in iOS set to on...turn it off and all is well ;)

• Ok thanks, thats fixed it but why cant we have reduce transparency on ?

@AndyPlankton said:

@topaz said:

That happens when you have reduce transparency setting in iOS set to on...turn it off and all is well ;)

• To be transparent is to be true ! haha...

Yeah it is a bug and we should be able to use reduce transparency.

• True that ;-)

@AndyPlankton said:
    To be transparent is to be true ! haha...

Yeah it is a bug and we should be able to use reduce transparency.

• Hi there. Not dead yet. Remember Jazz Drummer was released one month ago.
    Currently working on updates for Funk Drummer with new things.

@topaz said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Thanks Andy. Yes, background in Song Mode is a cool blending effect, transparency and blur. Ok, maybe will change it for a boring plain background for the next update.

This is the first new I have about, why and when it happens ?

?

?

Some apps have link some don't.

Nah, All them have Link

? All them Will respond to IAA Start / Stop when Ableton Link Start / Stop is disabled

Well... Support has sense when questions has sense.
    Please, don't lie about "Some apps have link some don't." or Live mode doesn’t work or functions incorrect." ... etc ...
    Some users can get wrong with this.

Cheers

• @LuisMartinez said:
    Hi there. Not dead yet. Remember Jazz Drummer was released one month ago.

@topaz said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Thanks Andy. Yes, background in Song Mode is a cool blending effect, transparency and blur. Ok, maybe will change it for a boring plain background for the next update.

This happens randomly, often when just running in the background inside AUM

When sending triggers to change patterns in live mode patterns stop responding to even though midi notes are being received (via midi monitor)

?

When programming an arrangement in funk/future drummer song structure stops working unless gui is in focus.

?

Nah, All them have Link

My mistake, i meant IAA sync. (Sorry and edited op)

iBassist is not responding to IAA sync when link is off. (Aum)

? All them Will respond to IAA Start / Stop when Ableton Link Start / Stop is disabled

Again, sorry it was a typo ;-)

Please, don't lie about "Some apps have link some don't." or Live mode doesn’t work or functions incorrect." ... etc ...

Cheers

• @topaz said:
    When programming an arrangement in funk/future drummer song structure stops working unless gui is in focus.

I don't understand ... Are you trying to edit an arrangement while playing a song ?

• @LuisMartinez said:

:) Nice !

• edited January 2020

Im testing a fair few apps so please forgive me if I get things slightly wrong now and then.

funk drummer is doubling up bars in song mode, see 1 bar 3 FD is playing 2 + 6

iBassist is not passing IAA Sync when link is off.

I have screen recordings of these issues if you cannot reproduce.

@LuisMartinez said:

@topaz said:

I don't understand ... Are you trying to edit an arrangement while playing a song ?

• Luis we need your apps as auv3. I bought 3 of then and absolutely in love but....

Auv3 please!

• @topaz said:
    Im testing a fair few apps so please forgive me if I get things slightly wrong now and then.

Heh, now imagine actually making apps.

• @AudioGus said:

@topaz said:

Lol

• @LuisMartinez your apps are a core part of iOS music! Jazz drummer was really inventive. Great to hear you’re working on new things.

• No need to imagine ;-)

@AudioGus said:

@topaz said:

• @topaz I have come to the understanding that sync issues and crashes are just a part of IAA apps. I don’t even ask for AU anymore. If the developer can take it on, they will. It is just the iOS standard now for non hosts. Not saying that there aren’t a couple of bugs to be squashed here but mostly what you have described is just my IAA experience for most apps.

@LuisMartinez i would love to see a real randomizer in iBassist. I think the current random is just a preset selector?

• I’m just reporting bugs, thats all. Not asking any features ;-)

@gusgranite said:
    @topaz I have come to the understanding that sync issues and crashes are just a part of IAA apps. I don’t even ask for AU anymore. If the developer can take it on, they will. It is just the iOS standard now for non hosts. Not saying that there aren’t a couple of bugs to be squashed here but mostly what you have described is just my IAA experience for most apps.

@LuisMartinez i would love to see a real randomizer in iBassist. I think the current random is just a preset selector?

• edited January 2020

@topaz said:

While not a typo may as well edit the click baity title too now: as in clearly not dead. ;)

• Done ;-)

@AudioGus said:

@topaz said:

While not a typo may as well edit the click baity title too now: as in clearly not dead. ;)

• @topaz said:
    Done ;-)

@AudioGus said:

@topaz said:

• Thank you for such awesome apps! The very best Drummers in IOS!

Yes, if you could have iBassist do more bass lines that would be so cool!

Thanks for all your hard work and support of your apps! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🤗🙏☝️

@LuisMartinez said:
    Hi there. Not dead yet. Remember Jazz Drummer was released one month ago.

@topaz said:

@AndyPlankton said:

?

?

Nah, All them have Link

Cheers

• @topaz said:
    I’m just reporting bugs, thats all. Not asking any features ;-)

@gusgranite said:
    @topaz I have come to the understanding that sync issues and crashes are just a part of IAA apps. I don’t even ask for AU anymore. If the developer can take it on, they will. It is just the iOS standard now for non hosts. Not saying that there aren’t a couple of bugs to be squashed here but mostly what you have described is just my IAA experience for most apps.

Fair.

• @gusgranite said:
    .... snip

I want to mention that IAA is not more subject to sync issues or crashes than AUv3. Some of the most stable crash-free apps I have are IAA apps with solid sync. Sure there are some that aren't but it isn't inherent in the technology.

There are AUv3 that sync well and are stable...and some that aren't.

While true that AUv3 is the future, there are plenty of stable IAA apps that sync well.

• @espiegel123 said:

@gusgranite said:
    .... snip

I want to mention that IAA is not more subject to sync issues or crashes than AUv3. Some of the most stable crash-free apps I have are IAA apps with solid sync. Sure there are some that aren't but it isn't inherent in the technology.

While true that AUv3 is the future, there are plenty of stable IAA apps that sync well.

Well, I have to disagree with you there. The best advice I can give to newcomers is to choose your host/s and then only buy AUs. I promise I won’t say more about it in this thread though 🙂

• Can someone run up Funk Drummer (stand alone is fine) enter 4 different patterns of 1 bar each and tell me
    If bars are actually playing 2 not 1 ?

Cheers

• @gusgranite said:

@espiegel123 said:

@gusgranite said:
    .... snip

Well, I have to disagree with you there. The best advice I can give to newcomers is to choose your host/s and then only buy AUs. I promise I won’t say more about it in this thread though 🙂

As just one example -- of many possible examples -- Loopy and Loopy HD are among the most reliable tightly synced apps there are. Plenty of AUv3 are crash prone or have sync issues (and many don't).

So, it is not an issue of inherent IAA instability or sync issues.

It is fine for people to prefer to use AU, but the belief that IAA apps are all problematic is objectively not the case.

• Yeah tested and it does play 2 bars even though the pattern is saved to play only 1. I disabled fills, cymbals and even Ableton link just to make sure.

@topaz said:
    Can someone run up Funk Drummer (stand alone is fine) enter 4 different patterns of 1 bar each and tell me
    If bars are actually playing 2 not 1 ?

Cheers