Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Files app sandboxing question

Hi. I wondered if anyone knows if te Files app when linked to dropbox box Etc means that thos apps are no longer sandboxed. I’m being overly cautious but started downloading something and stopped the download as I was suspicious it could be a virus - the download size was a bit bigger than expected - then realised stuff downloaded in safari goes to downloads folder in iCloud Drive and lots of important stuff is accessible through that and my other cloud storage through the files app. I know it’s unlikely but there are viruses that can trick system function like viewing the thumbnail for a file in a folder into running the dodgy file, and so I wanted to know if even when you have linked Dropbox Etc to files app for browsing, they all remain sandboxed and you’d have to physically move the files yourself to get them into other apps. Also whether iCloud Drive would be a problem if you downloaded a virus to downloads folder. I don’t know if cancelling the download prevented any possible problem as I know a temporary file appears normally during download, not sure if a download link can only be to one file. I just don’t know how the files app mechanism works really, whether it’s a gui where actually all you’re doing is using te share function to move files around, and though it appears accessible via the files app, everything is still sandboxed. Sorry for tricky question!

Comments

• There are no known viruses/malware in iOS. If you download something, it is only a file that gets stored somewhere (In the app folder, in Dropbox...). So do not worry, just delete the file :smile:

• @rrc2soft said:
    There are no known viruses/malware in iOS. If you download something, it is only a file that gets stored somewhere (In the app folder, in Dropbox...). So do not worry, just delete the file :smile:

Thank you :) yeah I read there are no known iOS viruses but that isn’t my worry, it’s the cloud storage. If a virus got onto Dropbox Etc it would be worrying for me and I thought the same as you but since read that some viruses do not need you to run the file and can trick systems into running them just by yiu viewing the thumbnail when opening the folder they’re in.

• Your safe using an iOS device but if you were to download that file(from iCloud) using windows or a Mac then there is potential for infection there.