Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Introduced at NAMM 2020 ArtesiaPro's XPad Thin USB Midi Controller for iPad

Introduced at @NAMM2020 @ArtesiaPro XPad iPad USB Midi Controller from the makers of XKey Air #namm2020

Comments

• Looks dope as hayelll

• edited January 2020

Ya bro thx for sharin’ what’s goin on down there

• @sbcfx said:
    Ya bro thx for sharin’ what’s goin on down there

few things for IOS not alot though

• @animalelder said:
    Looks dope as hayelll

Awe man it is

• Nice. Here’s the product page.

https://artesia-pro.com/products/xpad/

I thought Xkeys was CME, not Artesia Pro. Still, looks rad. Nice accessory for beatmaker 3.

• Are there any pricing and availability details yet?

• edited January 2020

@mistercharlie said:
    Nice. Here’s the product page.

https://artesia-pro.com/products/xpad/

I thought Xkeys was CME, not Artesia Pro. Still, looks rad. Nice accessory for beatmaker 3.

Yeah I thought that was CME too. So I just did some digging and it looks like they're under Virgin Musical Instruments to distribute in the US alongside their Artesia brand.

Found this...

Virgin offers their Artesia brand digital pianos and keyboards plus their Hitman Brand of Electronic Drum Kits, which the company designs and develops themselves, as well as microphones, headphones, monitors, and other audio components under the Artesia name. The Xkey keyboards from CME, in contrast, are something that Virgin brought on board from China to distribute in the United States. The Xkey also features a new Bluetooth version.

• What a bunch of idiots, there are pad controller after pad controller being released and the only niche left to fill is a 16 pad Bluetooth controller, and the experts in Bluetooth fail to do it.

• @Turntablist said:
    What a bunch of idiots

In a bunch, in a bunch.

the only niche left to fill is a 16 pad Bluetooth controller

Set your stopwatch.

• @Turntablist said:
    What a bunch of idiots, there are pad controller after pad controller being released and the only niche left to fill is a 16 pad Bluetooth controller, and the experts in Bluetooth fail to do it.

they are making a Bluetooth version might be in the final product when it hits the market

• Only thing I wish is it had 8 knobs instead of 6

• No Bluetooth? But it does have TRS MIDI out, so you can connect direct to anything. That’s pretty cool.

BT Midi is fine for one accessory at a time, but a real pain if you have to connect everything one by one.

• @Turntablist is right I have no idea why nobody released one on a table ready to ship at NAMM. There are so many Bluetooth controllers yet NOBODY has a 4x4. It’s crazy.

• If this is Cme, then first they need to fix their app for the xkey air ( still crashes on iOS 13 when updating the fw.)
    It’s been like that for more than 3 months

• The ROLI Blocks can be a Bluetooth 4x4

• @McD said:
    Are there any pricing and availability details yet?

its going to retail at $119 and should be available around March

• @drez said:
    @Turntablist is right I have no idea why nobody released one on a table ready to ship at NAMM. There are so many Bluetooth controllers yet NOBODY has a 4x4. It’s crazy.

NAMM is for what coming out in the year

• As @Turntablist said, it should be Bluetooth (which I’m sure will come next). And product manufacturers, can we please extinct the use of micro usb connections in favor of usb-c. There’s No reason a 2020 release should have micro usb.

• Bluetooth? Would be nice. I love the way that it’s not cardboard though 😏😏😏

• @drez said:
    @Turntablist is right I have no idea why nobody released one on a table ready to ship at NAMM. There are so many Bluetooth controllers yet NOBODY has a 4x4. It’s crazy.

Sensel Morph has a 4x4 on the Music Production overlay. I think it adds 8ms latency at this time though.

• edited January 2020

@ipadbeatmaking said:
    As @Turntablist said, it should be Bluetooth (which I’m sure will come next). And product manufacturers, can we please extinct the use of micro usb connections in favor of usb-c. There’s No reason a 2020 release should have micro usb.

+1

micro usb only, on professional gear just kills me. :s

• @wim said:

@drez said:

Sensel Morph has a 4x4 on the Music Production overlay. I think it adds 8ms latency at this time though.

So maybe the reason companies aren’t doing it is because for “keyboard” parts, that extra 8ms doesn’t matter, but for “drum” parts, the 8ms is too much? Introduces too much slop to the timing?

• @SpookyZoo said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:
    As @Turntablist said, it should be Bluetooth (which I’m sure will come next). And product manufacturers, can we please extinct the use of micro usb connections in favor of usb-c. There’s No reason a 2020 release should have micro usb.

+1

I dont get what your saying its midi and it will have bluetooth its super thin guys as well cant put 5 pin din midi

• There’s no reason to have usb c for midi data.

• @drez said:

@wim said:

@drez said:

So maybe the reason companies aren’t doing it is because for “keyboard” parts, that extra 8ms doesn’t matter, but for “drum” parts, the 8ms is too much? Introduces too much slop to the timing?

I think with the morph it is because of the time it takes to process the sensor data. It’s not like pad controllers where it’s a switch. They actually have to calculate the touch area and velocity. There is a high-speed mode that they turn on for the drum overlay (not a grid, but more like an e-drum surface), but not for the grid one (yet). So, the latency I’m talking about is on-top of the BT latency, I think.

A schlep like me will probably never notice, but it would probably drive a real drummer nuts.

• @animalelder said:
    There’s no reason to have usb c for midi data.

Why is that? Usb-C is the newest iteration of usb. It can be usb 2.0 or 3.0 etc. This has nothing to do with speed etc etc. it has to do with cord interchangeability and availability. All modern things (iPads pros, interfaces, chargers, Macbook’s etc) use usb-c so all modern devices released this year should keep pace and stop taking us backwards.

@Shazamm said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

+1

I dont get what your saying its midi and it will have bluetooth its super thin guys as well cant put 5 pin din midi

First off thanks for your great grind over there giving us info! To clarify, I don’t want 5 pin din. I want midi over Bluetooth and usb-c not micro usb. Micro usb is unofficially extinct and should be treated as such in the design process for products.

• USB-C plugs don’t fall out by themselves.

• @mistercharlie said:
    USB-C plugs don’t fall out by themselves.

not all midi controllers connections are made the same way

• @wim said:

@drez said:

@wim said:

@drez said:

I think with the morph it is because of the time it takes to process the sensor data. It’s not like pad controllers where it’s a switch. They actually have to calculate the touch area and velocity. There is a high-speed mode that they turn on for the drum overlay (not a grid, but more like an e-drum surface), but not for the grid one (yet). So, the latency I’m talking about is on-top of the BT latency, I think.

A schlep like me will probably never notice, but it would probably drive a real drummer nuts.

Where is it stated that it adds 8ms latency from the Morph ?