Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Graphical EQ and Compression

Recommendations on graphical EQ and compressor? Love Fabfilter Pro C and Pro Q in Auria, but for use outside of Auria, I’d like something in a similar vein that I can drag stuff around, or at least get a graphic on what I’m doing. Zmors EQ looks interesting - any one using this?

Comments

• I liked FabFilter so much in Auria that I bought it all again when they came out on the App Store. Are you just looking for something less expensive?

• Yes, I think Toneboosters have stolen the EQ crown. Can't go wrong with ProQ 3 either.

Or when you say graphical EQ, do you mean the traditional sliders style?

Other 'colour' EQs that are great are Klevgrand's GoToEQ (Pultec-ish), DDMF 6144 (Neve-ish) and the new EQs from Nikolay Dyatlov

• @kgmessier said:
    I liked FabFilter so much in Auria that I bought it all again when they came out on the App Store. Are you just looking for something less expensive?

Damn. I didn’t realize they’d done that. Woohoo.

• @kgmessier said:
    I liked FabFilter so much in Auria that I bought it all again when they came out on the App Store. Are you just looking for something less expensive?

Holy s**t. They are expensive. Did they raise the price in Auria as well?

• @SevenSystems said:
    I'm pretty happy with Toneboosters EQ!

https://apps.apple.com/ie/app/tb-equalizer/id1473111210

That looks great indeed.

• @Blue_Mangoo's Parametric EQ (it's visual) and Compressor are excellent values and easy to learn.
    Tone Boosters are good.
    Fab Filter is excellent if money is not constrained.

You can get the work done with ay of this IMHO and if I created 3 audio texts and we played
    blind test it would just tell me more about the sounds you like (more bass, treble, etc).
    I find that type of audio proof to be misleading. A fair evaluation is so hard to implement and execute.

Then the audience ends up grouping statistically.

We played this game once with digital pianos and the free one won. Obviously, that can't be right.
    FYI: It was the Salamander Grand Piano. There's one installed in Auria Pro by default and one you can't download into BS-16i. It's really good but some expensive apps have additional features that the test didn't expose like sound and soft passages. That can be tricky with any sample based product.

@Blue_Mangoo made a video comparing many top Compressor apps to make the case for their superior
    approach with respect to aliasing and distortion. But many of us like certain forms of distortion for tone shaping.

Look for demo videos to see the User Interfaces and don't forget to buy a Universal app if iPhones and iPads are important to you for musical production and performance.

• Bought Toneboosters. Wow, does it sound great. I’ll put that up there with Pro Q. Might buy the rest of their stuff at some point.

• @McD said:
    @Blue_Mangoo's Parametric EQ (it's visual) and Compressor are excellent values and easy to learn.
    Tone Boosters are good.
    Fab Filter is excellent if money is not constrained.

You can get the work done with ay of this IMHO and if I created 3 audio texts and we played
    blind test it would just tell me more about the sounds you like (more bass, treble, etc).
    I find that type of audio proof to be misleading. A fair evaluation is so hard to implement and execute.

Then the audience ends up grouping statistically.

We played this game once with digital pianos and the free one won. Obviously, that can't be right.
    FYI: It was the Salamander Grand Piano. There's one installed in Auria Pro by default and one you can't download into BS-16i. It's really good but some expensive apps have additional features that the test didn't expose like sound and soft passages. That can be tricky with any sample based product.

@Blue_Mangoo made a video comparing many top Compressor apps to make the case for their superior
    approach with respect to aliasing and distortion. But many of us like certain forms of distortion for tone shaping.

Look for demo videos to see the User Interfaces and don't forget to buy a Universal app if iPhones and iPads are important to you for musical production and performance.

Yeah, I know. Comparing tone is such a subjective thing. One thing I learned from using Pro Q in Auria is that having a interface where you can drag the EQ point around is huge.

As far as universal, you know, Auria doesn’t run on the phone, so it wasn’t that important to me. Still not sure if it is, but Multitrack DAW does, so be nice to pick up apps that do that too, just in case.

• As for compressors. I think we have some great choices on iOS now. The Blue Mangoo Mani one above, Woodpressor, Barricade, Fabfilter of course, 4Pockets, Klev Kompressor, MagicDeathEye. There’s more...

Amazing really.

• @SevenSystems said:
    I'm pretty happy with Toneboosters EQ!

https://apps.apple.com/ie/app/tb-equalizer/id1473111210

+1

Yes, Toneboosters EQ is stellar at a fraction of the price of FF. All their apps are great.