Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iMPC PRO Sampling from Audiobus!!! ;) ****Awesome****

After 2hrs of tinkering I have finally found a workaround to sample any app from the input slot of Audiobus into iMPC PRO!

Note: This also works with TableTop and Zignal by using the same methology!

Follow the steps below (with no apps already open) and sample the likes of Animoog, Z3ta, Gadget, Sampletank, Audioshare etc till your hearts content ;)

1/ Open iMPC PRO and load your project.

2/ Open AB2.

3/ Load your desired app into the input slot of AB2.

4/ Load iVCS3 into the output slot of AB2.

5/ Open iVCS3 and select preset 'Mic/Audiobus FX Filter'.

6/ Ensure that in iVCS3 the 'FILTER/OSCILLATOR' settings are Freq = 10, Response = 0, Level = 10.

7/ Also check the 'OUTPUT FILTER' Channels 1 & 2 are both set to 10 in iVCS3.

8/ Go back into iMPC PRO and select Program, New Sound, inter-app and then select iVCS3 'instrument' as your app.

9/ Switch back to iVCS3 from where you can select record from the IAA transport tab (showing iMPC icon) and then select and switch to your chosen Audiobus compatible app using the Audiobus pop up side tab and play the sounds you want to record!

This effectively uses iVCS3 as a bridge between Audiobus and IAA.

I would imagine this will also work in any other scenario where a bridge between Audiobus and IAA is required.

iPad Air used.

Enjoy!

Comments

• Damn man, that's intense! Bravo!

• How in the world did you come up with that-! Congrats, that is truly awesome

• Awesome!! I just tried it with Animoog, works great! I had been wanting to checkout iVCS3. This was a perfect motivation and well worth it!

• This also works with loopy. I chose the main output in loopy for the IAA inside iMPC Pro.

The inverse of this process is to have iMPC Pro inside an Audiobus compatible app with IAA running inside Audiobus. You can then add effects to an iMPC Pro output and record it even if the effect doesn't support IAA.

• edited July 2014

@Paulinko said:

The inverse of this process is to have iMPC Pro inside an Audiobus compatible app with IAA running inside Audiobus. You can then add effects to an iMPC Pro output and record it even if the effect doesn't support IAA.

A good lightweight example of this would be Multitrack DAW using the main output in Audiobus :)

• Or audioshare ;)

• Yep, audioshare and loopy can do that.

• Nice workaround if you have ivcs3. So if I want to use audio share or loopy is the procedure the same or how do I set that up to work?

• Loopy in AB output, impc pro sample via iaa. Then put the source in the AB input.

• Loopy is the easiest and lightest setup I have found so far, with the apps I have anyhow.

@munibeast Make sure you use loopys main output in Ab2 & impc pro.

• Thanks guys, I'll try that tomorrow

• edited December 2014

sweet

• any other good tips

• Hey Supadom what is that orange midi controller you're beating on in your busking videos?