Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Which Chorus?

Hello

I am currently looking to add a chorus to my arsenal of iPad apps. Currently, I am using Svep, but don't really like the interface (not "classic" enough), there are not presets... it is just not my cup of tea. Are there others out there, that are considered really good choices? Usually I dig Audio Damage and Ruismaker stuff, if that helps, but I also use other developers' app (e.g. FAC).

Thx in advance! :)

Comments

• FAC Chorus usually does it for me 9/10

• Fac chorus was 1.99 when i purchased it before xmas. Im not sure on the price now but its a great app.

• FAC definitely

• FAC ! Like all other FAC plugins, amazing stuff

• Yep, it’s FAC Chorus again! It just makes everything I send through it sound amazing.

• That was easier than expected, haha. Thanks, guys! :D

• No alternative: FAC Chorus all the way!

• FAC Chorus, Blamsoft Chorus.

• I use FAC too.

If you like the AudioDamage stuff I think QuatroMod has a Chorus, but not used it much myself.

• Not often this forum agrees so strongly on anything! But FAC Chorus is indeed very good.

• Need another vote? FAC all the way

• Emo Chorus (@VirSyn) and the free Zero Chorus (endorsed by @Daveypoo) are also in my rack

• edited January 2020

I never realised that almost everyone else uses FAC too. I just thought I was lazy AF and never bothered getting anything else.

• @mojozart said:
    Emo Chorus (@VirSyn) and the free Zero Chorus (endorsed by @Daveypoo) are also in my rack

Yah Emo Chorus for trippy ghost stuff! I love automating it. Fac for main duties.

• There are a lot of FX in @virsyn's AudioEffx. It's the same FX rack you find in the AudioLayer
    app. At $10 you get a lot of choices. @IFX rack has a similar approach. Lot's of FX in a single purchase.

The Chorus effect is a modulation effect used used to create a richer, thicker sound and add subtle movement. The effect roughly simulates the slight variations in pitch and timing that occur when multiple performers sing or play the same part.

The Delay effect provides you with two different types of delay effects using two delay lines. With Sync mode the delay times can be set by note lengths and are then relative to the currently set tempo. The delayed signal can be feed back to the input for echo effects. You can select between a stereo delay and a ping-pong delay where the echoes bounces across the stereo field.

The Drive effect provides you with different types of distortion from hard clipping to soft distortion simulating analog tube amplifiers and tape machines. The sound balance can be adjusted using a combined High/Lowpass filter.

The distortion algorithm uses oversampling to reduce aliasing artefacts.

The ParaEQ effect is a parametric equalizer with optional graphic editing of Lowpass/Highpass and Bandpass equalizer stage.

The Flanger is composed of two independent delay lines with feedback for the left and the right channel respectively.

The delay time of both delays is modulated by one LFO with adjustable frequency.

For typical flanging effects the delay time should be below 5 milliseconds.

The Phaser is built from an 8-pole allpass filter, which gives you a very short and frequency dependent

delay time. This delay time is modulated by an LFO.

The Reverb effect is used to simulate the sound reflections off walls in different kind of rooms. This reflections

disperse the sound, enriching it by overlapping the sound with its reflection.

This reverb parameter are accessible by the user:

• Tail delay - Sets the amount of time that elapses between the direct sound and the reverberation tail. This time correlates

with the perceived size of the simulated room. The adjustable range is from 0 ms to 300 ms.

• Reverb time - The time the reverb takes to die away by 60dB after the end of the initial sound. This parameter correlates

with the perceived size of the simulated room. The adjustable range is from 50 ms to 100 seconds.

• Room size - The room size parameter sets the average distance between the reflecting walls.

• Diffusion - The Diffusion parameter controls the echo density of the resulting reverberant sound. A higher value

corresponds to a higher echo density which is in most cases more natural sounding.

• Absorption - The Absorption parameter simulates the surface and air absorption of high frequencies. Due to absorption the reverberation time is shorter for high frequencies than for low frequencies. With higher absorption high frequencies will decay much faster.

• Tail stereo - Adjusts the stereo image width of the reverberation tail.

• Tail cutoff / tone - Lowpass and Highpass filter for the reverb tail.

• FAC all the way.. Just did a head to head against a few others and nothing came close. It really livens and widens the mix more than anything else, giving it a lot of presence.

The Chorus +. Widener in IFX Rack might be my second favorite. I tried to get it close to FAC and fell short, but I do like the different modes in IFX, lot of versatility to be had there..

• The guy asked for the best. And that is pretty universally FAC. Just give him the best and quit listing other stuff just because. No need for extraneous information in this case.

• It is fun trying out your different FX when these questions get asked though (and makes you realise you have too many chorus FX...). I listened to mine and nothing had that upper mids richness that FAC Chorus has. Another one I really like mentioned above is the IFX Chorus but in Solina mode. It is a bit darker but has a nice warmth to it.

• Fac apps are superb !

• @FredAntonCorvest you would probsbly like reading this thread :-)) Your app was mentioned few times ...

• While Blamsoft's chorus is good, FAC Chorus is #1, no question.

• I bought FAC. Happy. Thanks to all!

• I hope we get some new FAC apps this year

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @oat_phipps said:
    The guy asked for the best. And that is pretty universally FAC. Just give him the best and quit listing other stuff just because. No need for extraneous information in this case.

Can we start a thread and make a definitive list of IOS Bests in the major categories.
    I'd like to have a short list of apps we can use in AUM to share project and everything works on install.

There would have to be some criteria like Universal, below some $ threshold, etc. You up for it?
    You seem to have ready answers. It might still come down to some intense debate.

Then this base config could be the starting point for sharing demo's of new apps. The preset saving would be nice to help communicate a specific mix/rig.

• wimwim
    edited January 2020

I think there would be few apps that would get general consensus as to being “best”. That’s a term that almost always has a large number of qualifiers. Best Drum App? For what? For realism, for emulating old drum machines, for built-in sequencer, for weird drum sounds ... ??

Also sounds like an invitation to a fight club, and a rambling mega thread that accomplishes little.

I know you have the best of intentions, but put me down as not thinking that’s such a good idea this time, @McD.

• I agree with @wim regarding the best ranking, however I do wish reviewers would do a better job of mentioning comparable apps and indicating what new features or advantages the app under review offers.

@gusgranite EZ Modulator is in the house?

• @mojozart said:
    @gusgranite EZ Modulator is in the house?

Ha - didn't realise that was had chorus too!

• edited January 2020

@McD said:

@oat_phipps said:
    The guy asked for the best. And that is pretty universally FAC. Just give him the best and quit listing other stuff just because. No need for extraneous information in this case.

Can we start a thread and make a definitive list of IOS Bests in the major categories.
    I'd like to have a short list of apps we can use in AUM to share project and everything works on install.

There would have to be some criteria like Universal, below some $ threshold, etc. You up for it?
    You seem to have ready answers. It might still come down to some intense debate.

Then this base config could be the starting point for sharing demo's of new apps. The preset saving would be nice to help communicate a specific mix/rig.

If I were making a list of best processing/effects plugins, I’d be an easy call. all the FAC plugins at the top of each of their respective categories. Same with Fabfilter, Eventide. should make things simple :) Perhaps those three might overlap in a couple spots though, where I’d probably default to fabfilter. Toneboosters would fill in any missing plugin categories (e.g. Tape sim, etc) , followed by Audiodamage and Klevgrand.