Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Would you like to see Blue Cat's Re-Guitar on ios?

https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_ReGuitar/

Welcome to the world of "Re-Guitaring": enjoy an infinite number of guitar tones out of a single instrument!

With Re-Guitar, you can emulate many kinds of guitar tones (electric or acoustic), regardless of the solid body guitar model used for recording: keep playing your own guitar and get all the sounds that you like, and more!

The built-in pickup simulator lets you emulate many types of electric guitar pickups without the need to modify your favorite instrument: choose from a selection of popular guitar pickups or create your own.

You can also dig and expand the body "in the box" to craft your own hollow body guitar tone thanks to the body simulator.

The plug-in includes a selection of acoustic guitar simulations, and you can craft your own too.

In addition to the brightness and gain adjustements, the virtual tone and volume pots let you tweak the tone in details. They can even be automated to follow the performance.

If you do not play guitar but are producing music with recorded guitars, you will enjoy "re-guitaring" too: you can now "fix it in the mix" and virtually switch guitars after recording!

If we get enough positive votes and then link to this thread they might just port it over to ios as an AUv3.

Blue Cat's Re-Guitar
  1. Would you like to see Blue Cat's Re-Guitar on ios?63 votes
    1. Yes
      84.13%
    2. No
        4.76%
    3. Maybe - Depends on the price
      11.11%

Comments

• I have this on on my Mac. Great stuff. 100% yes!

• Gonna have to try this soon!
    Good virtual guitars are rare and I always welcome new takes on them 🎉

• Is this better than the line6 variax stuff?

• @wingwizard said:
    Is this better than the line6 variax stuff?

I don't know. I have the Variax Acoustic 700 but haven't tried Re-Guitar.
    After reading posts on the Line6 forum that owners have started using this software instead I thought it would be great for ios as an AUv3.

@Faland If you have the time please share your thoughts on Re-Guitar since you already wrote that it is great.

• god yes. re-guitar is gold on virtual instrument guitars.

• @Treaszure said:

@wingwizard said:

After reading posts on the Line6 forum that owners have started using this software instead I thought it would be great for ios as an AUv3.

@Faland If you have the time please share your thoughts on Re-Guitar since you already wrote that it is great.

In short, this plug is a nice attempt to reproduce the various types of guitar sounds, not only the different pickups, but also the body, as you can choose to emulate an arched top or an acoustic one too. I tried to emulate my Fenders with a Gibson and vice versa and the results have been remarkable. Obviously, you can't have 100% faithful sound but a very good approximation. You can mix many types of pickups with any form of guitar. You can even make a Frankenstein guitar 🙃
    I love the Blue Cats plugs (they have a really cool amp emulator in their catalog) and you should try them if you haven't already.
    Having them on iOS should be killer.

• @Faland said:

@Treaszure said:

@wingwizard said:

In short, this plug is a nice attempt to reproduce the various types of guitar sounds, not only the different pickups, but also the body, as you can choose to emulate an arched top or an acoustic one too. I tried to emulate my Fenders with a Gibson and vice versa and the results have been remarkable. Obviously, you can't have 100% faithful sound but a very good approximation. You can mix many types of pickups with any form of guitar. You can even make a Frankenstein guitar 🙃
    I love the Blue Cats plugs (they have a really cool amp emulator in their catalog) and you should try them if you haven't already.
    Having them on iOS should be killer.

Thanks! :)

• Hopefully we can turn this poll/discussion into: ”Drambo for guitarists”! ;) 100 pages and thousands of votes :)

• Any and all blue cat goodies would be great on iOS, they make great stuff

• Bumping the thread to see if more will vote :)

• Your bump got another "Yes" vote. :)

• @kgmessier said:
    Your bump got another "Yes" vote. :)

Great! :smiley:

• @Treaszure any news on this front? Was just thinking how great it would be since I do all my guitar effects with my iPhone :)

• Blue Cat everything

• This is the way.

• I voted “yes” ‘cause I’m a sucker for anything guitar-ish but I’m not yet familiar with Blue Cat.

• Is this a question from the dev, or just a general question?

• Yes definitely have been wanting for a long time as have a lot of friends!