Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Acid by Jim Audio!!! This is the best news ever!!!

Comments

• @jimpavloff Thank you for midi out. Really great feature to expand this app. Would love to see it in the AU as well one day, if possible?

• @gusgranite said:
    @jimpavloff Thank you for midi out. Really great feature to expand this app. Would love to see it in the AU as well one day, if possible?

I also love the midi data export feature too... You can create a BassLine & export it into Cubasis for example, then put your AU, or whatever synth to play the midi data too.. It even works if you export the midi data to your email, then download it & insert it into Ableton, FL Studio, Reason or Cubase even, & use you BassLine pattern that way... Thank you again @jimpavloff for his addition..

• Anybody used the PA Drum channel midi out yet?
    I fancy using it to sequence a Roland TR8S (with a triggered Jomox analogue kick on the external in) and am a little daunted as to the midi set up :/

• @Elvisthenrodent said:
    You know what's even better than pure acid?
    Pure acid with troublemaker, rozetta and poison 202 in audiobus.
    I maybe had the most fun jam since i bought my ipad with this combo B) .

Would love to see and hear this in action.

• @AudioGus said:
    A Jim Audio AUv3 multi-pad, multi-fx plugin would be amazing. Just saying. (cough, hinting / begging)

Just in case I'll beg for that bassline sequencer as a MIDI plugin as well

• @YourJunk said:

@Elvisthenrodent said:
    You know what's even better than pure acid?
    Pure acid with troublemaker, rozetta and poison 202 in audiobus.
    I maybe had the most fun jam since i bought my ipad with this combo B) .

Would love to see and hear this in action.

I might link a jam in this thread this week if i have time to jam and record it.
    I don't know< if it's a fair comparison because the troublemaker is a deicated 303 app, and pa is more a jam app.
    The troublemaker has more sound variety, both sound good don't get me wrong. But a second 303 lead voice over pure acid is nice.

• @Beaches said:
    Anybody used the PA Drum channel midi out yet?
    I fancy using it to sequence a Roland TR8S (with a triggered Jomox analogue kick on the external in) and am a little daunted as to the midi set up :/

Why in the world would you forgo using tr8s excellent sequencer for pa’s interface?!

On the tr you can param lock, etc, etc

PA is awesome, the melodic/bass seq is brilliant, but the drum programming just sucks.

Map Rozeta rhythm or xox into pa for a wayyyy better experience.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

It also took me right back to the MegaDog gigs circa early 90s in the UK. Once the live acts had finished it was basically that for about 4 hours solid. These days I might have to have a sit down after about 10 minutes.

Oooh that brings back memories of some epic nights out. :#

• ... because just want to test different midi routes
    can’t sync up the stop/start (play) yet with Modstep and Audiobus
    Have Modstep sequencing the tr8s at the moment because the tr8s does not have a Song mode(which is rather limiting!)
    PA is sequencing a Xoxbox at the moment and can only use 1 midi out. If I run midi thru the xox to the tr8s then latency increases and I need it tight.
    So just going through the midi options
    Did try PA Drums midi out to the tr8s and it worked but sacrificed the ability to sequence the xoxbox (and it’s this latter which is more important - Modstep runs fine with the tr8s but not the xoxbox. At all :/

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@Beaches said:
    Anybody used the PA Drum channel midi out yet?

Why in the world would you forgo using tr8s excellent sequencer for pa’s interface?!

On the tr you can param lock, etc, etc

PA is awesome, the melodic/bass seq is brilliant, but the drum programming just sucks.

Map Rozeta rhythm or xox into pa for a wayyyy better experience.

• Is there a way to select the drum pattern via midi? @jimpavloff , anyone? Search in this thread didn’t work.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    Is there a way to select the drum pattern via midi? @jimpavloff , anyone? Search in this thread didn’t work.

Send program change on the drum midi channel. There are some other tips and tricks in the wiki.

• @espiegel123 said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:
    Is there a way to select the drum pattern via midi? @jimpavloff , anyone? Search in this thread didn’t work.

Send program change on the drum midi channel. There are some other tips and tricks in the wiki.

Wiki? Where’s that?

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@espiegel123 said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

Wiki? Where’s that?

https://wiki.audiob.us/

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@espiegel123 said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

Wiki? Where’s that?

https://wiki.audiob.us/pure_acid?s[]=pure&amp;s[]=acid

• Decided to do a little Pure Acid Jan sesh today.

• @YourJunk said:
    Decided to do a little Pure Acid Jan sesh today.

More

• I am also finding that I am automatically adding Pure Acid to new electronica jams just for the 4/4 bass kick metronome while I build the track. Sometimes it stays, sometimes it goes but it is a very handy framer from the get go. No setup required 🙂

• @jolico said:

@YourJunk said:
    Decided to do a little Pure Acid Jan sesh today.

More

Can do. Might start making a series of jamming on various apps.

@gusgranite said:
    I am also finding that I am automatically adding Pure Acid to new electronica jams just for the 4/4 bass kick metronome while I build the track. Sometimes it stays, sometimes it goes but it is a very handy framer from the get go. No setup required 🙂

That’s a pretty great idea. Throw on Init and boom.

• I still can’t believe how good this is. It’s the cat on the warm tin roof that’s got the cream from the top of the cake.

• Ever since it the AuV3 version was released, I’ve never used the standalone version until yesterday.

AuV3 midi timing and sync is always rock solid, but when I used the standalone, it was skipping notes/beats sometimes.

Not a problem for me, because I like using multiple AuV3s, but it should be fixed for newcomers who will use the standalone version until they discover AuV3.

• edited January 2020

On the mixer page, am making good use of the VARiation and SHUFFle functions/buttons ... but is there a way to map these to an external controller and if so is it a Control Change or Program Change command? Using MIDISpy/MIDIwrench and can’t see any codes because presumably it takes place within the app itself and there’s no data to send out.
    ^ purpose of this external mapping would be to be able to run Pure Acid in real-time and record the midi out without having to change screens for shuffle etc when using another app screen (Xequence2 here, for example). Have already mapped the cutoff etc onto a Novation Launch Control xlmk2 and it would be nice to just press a button on that for the functions.

• Also, when changing patches in Pure Acid, the Drum section always comes back on. Any way to disable this? Perhaps have it so that when a patch is loaded, the knobs etc all have a default zero position?

• @jolico said:
    Ever since it the AuV3 version was released, I’ve never used the standalone version until yesterday.

AuV3 midi timing and sync is always rock solid, but when I used the standalone, it was skipping notes/beats sometimes.

Not a problem for me, because I like using multiple AuV3s, but it should be fixed for newcomers who will use the standalone version until they discover AuV3.

Thanks, I'm aware of this strange behavior, happened several times to me, trying to find out the reason without any luck yet...

• @Beaches said:
    Also, when changing patches in Pure Acid, the Drum section always comes back on. Any way to disable this? Perhaps have it so that when a patch is loaded, the knobs etc all have a default zero position?

Simply turn it off and save your preset. Drums on/off state is saved inside of each user preset.

• Aha! Of course! Cheers!
    Amazing app by the way, cheers :)

• Dumb question, I know, sorry, but in the top section what is the LFO linked to exactly?

• @Beaches said:
    Dumb question, I know, sorry, but in the top section what is the LFO linked to exactly?

It’s modulating the filter cutoff

• @jipumarino said:

@Beaches said:
    Dumb question, I know, sorry, but in the top section what is the LFO linked to exactly?

It’s modulating the filter cutoff

But only the cutoff? Ta!

• @jimpavloff said:

@jolico said:
    Ever since it the AuV3 version was released, I’ve never used the standalone version until yesterday.

Thanks, I'm aware of this strange behavior, happened several times to me, trying to find out the reason without any luck yet...

.....and it’s fixed already in the new update.

Thank you.

• It sounds great! I would totally buy hardware gear this "jim audio " fella made!