Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NEW Akai MPC ONE Stand Alone

Comments

• what, is that a drum synth at the 12:31 mark?

• Can’t wait to test one out in Guitar Center. I think i May get one.

• @echoopera said:
    Can’t wait to test one out in Guitar Center. I think i May get one.

if they only had conditional trigs.. I'd grab one in a heartbeat

• edited January 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:
    Hm
    Other features include wireless network connectivity and Splice sample integration
    Oh that looks like yes?

I don't think it has wireless, but it's got an ethernet port on it

• @Max23 said:
    Don’t have the nerve to do through the yadda yadda
    Does it support abelton link?
    If not I am not interested.

Yes

My iPad (+ controllers) is my MPC replacement and a whole lot more.

Just wait until the shine wears off.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • so far the shine hasn't worn off of mpcs that were made over 20 years ago, people are still doing shows with 2000s

• Can’t deny that

• edited January 2020
  • Oh wow, forgot about this guy. Thanks for the reminder.

• Yeah I might cop one of these after the initial release, see how smooth it rolls out first
    I don’t need portable
    Last mpc I’ve had was a 2500

• edited January 2020

Akai have lost the plot. Cheap looking - i will stick with my 23 year old mpc & s950 . My ipad for on the move too.

• edited January 2020
  • @papertiger said:
    Sampling is the Achilles’ Heel of iOS.

Have you tried EG Pulse?
    I’ve heard it Samples well.

• so, I have watched several videos about the MPC one. At the $699 price point, no battery. It has me thinking. I know everyone likes the standalone aspect of it. and I do too. But since it has to have a power source and I already have a Macbook Pro, what makes this better than a Maschine MK3?

I get it, if someone didn't already have a decent production computer. But even still, most of the videos talk about the export ability into your DAW, so it seems at some point, you will need to export the stems out and do final stuff in a DAW anyway. Not saying that you couldn't produce a track completely on the MPC one. The videos just seem to be geared towards making the beats inside the MPC One, then the final stuff done inside a DAW.

I would also like to see a comparison of iMPC 2 on an iPad with a decent pad controller and the MPC one.

• iMPC or even BM3 with a generic controller is way different than a standalone unit or software with dedicated controller .

• MPC one is nice but not enough for someone like me who already have the X but then again this wasn't geared towards me but more entry level

• @Korakios said:
    iMPC or even BM3 with a generic controller is way different than a standalone unit or software with dedicated controller .

Impc plus mpc fly isn’t that different...

• @Xsyst said:

@papertiger said:
    Sampling is the Achilles’ Heel of iOS.

Have you tried EG Pulse?
    I’ve heard it Samples well.

I have and I did not care for it.

• Did they lower the price of the MPC Live just recently?

It seems like $300 or so cheaper everywhere in my area when I look now

• @BiancaNeve said:

@Korakios said:
    iMPC or even BM3 with a generic controller is way different than a standalone unit or software with dedicated controller .

Impc plus mpc fly isn’t that different...

mpc fly vs Studio vs push vs maschine , or even TriggerFinger Pro ,Atom , come on , fly was a joke compared to those .

• edited January 2020

@kobamoto said:
    what, is that a drum synth at the 12:31 mark?

1:36

• @stormbeats said:
    Akai have lost the plot. Cheap looking - i will stick with my 23 year old mpc & s950 . My ipad for on the move too.

Listen to this Man!

• I dunno, seems like nobody cares about features anymore +in conjunction with a particular workflow.... none of the comparisons in this thread with the exception of the mentioning of a macbook even remotely compete with the firmware running on the mpc one. You can't just stop at the letters MPC you gotta go into the manuals and look at the list of features and you will see.... too many to list, for example what other drumsampler do you have that allows you to put 4 layers of samples on a pad, sculpt them, add all manner of FX, and then freeze/flatten all of that on the pad into one sample?

the answer is nothing

• oops , I meant nothing but one of the other mpcs

• For me the problem is tight midi clock from the olds (or electribe olds) isn’t there anymore.
    A midi master which has sync issues isn’t a great deal (that includes the TFP too).
    For the other features seems totally worth it.