Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NEW Akai MPC ONE Stand Alone

This segment of the stand alone market is looking pretty cool these days:

Comments

• edited January 2020

@echoopera said:
    This segment of the stand alone market is looking pretty cool these days:

Huh?
    The supply doesn't stop. Good times for us, at least in regards to gear for our distraction.

• What does the MPC One cost?

• @McD said:
    What does the MPC One cost?

Check my link.

• does it have battery?

• Is it an entry level Force?

• i hope Drambo gets released soon so I don’t buy this! Lol.

Sampling is the Achilles’ Heel of iOS.

• it's small to be portable but it has no battery. what is the logic behind that?
    "The most significant element of the MPC Live that appears not to have been brought across here is its rechargeable lithium-ion battery. This means that, although the MPC One looks to be the most compact and lightweight of the range, it can’t match its bigger sibling for true use-anywhere portability."

• Cool. Still looking forward to dedicated mobile (use while walking / has a battery) hardware though. Probably ten years out.

• Looks good, but the lack of battery is a passion killer for me, I’ve gotten used to being able to use my MPC without a Power cable tethering me to one spot.

• It also lacks the extra hard drive bay which is a great feature, especially when they eventually get streaming from disk working.

As mentioned in the video above, I really think that this is aimed at the folks that are getting into modular / semi-modular and are looking for a standalone sequencer to integrate with their gear. It is portable enough to pack to a gig, but lacks some of the other features that the Live has (extra inputs, multiple midi ports, etc).

I really hope the Live stays in the offering, and that this hasn't replaced it, with the only option being the X.

• Love the design, but terrible internal decisions. Would have definitely bought if it had a battery, also no internal drive. Feature wise and price, I'd take this over a Digitakt.

• Ridiculously overpriced in comparison to MPC Live.

• @Turntablist said:
    Ridiculously overpriced in comparison to MPC Live.

And still cheap than any Roland gear in the field
    :trollface:

• This looks cool I wonder why AKAI only puts 2GB of RAM in its boxes though.
    They need to put more RAM after all it is 2020...

• @oldschoolwillie said:
    This looks cool I wonder why AKAI only puts 2GB of RAM in its boxes though.

It's the maximum size the ARM board they are using supports. They gone very slow and late and now they need to revenue the investment. It comes from the windows8 era...

https://cdm.link/2014/04/putting-pc-mpc-next-akai-drum-machine-will-run-windows-embedded/

This things require lot of time and even we have better platform (iPhone) Apple puts all the efforts to wreck us as users. To make my point... NI could buy Intua and revamp Maschine app... etc.

Anyways, maybe they present new Live2 with new cpu and board with 4gb making this ONE the re-used technology (entry level) and the new the flagship... You know what I mean?

Brands, revenue and costs...

• looks like they only changed the form factor of the mpc live

• Not impressed. I'll pick MPC live over this any day

• Accurate Beats review:

• Why do I feel like sometimes companies go backwards with their technology. But I guess you have to ask yourself, if it had a battery, would there be any reason to buy the MPC Live? So then you have to ask, why even make the MPC One, other than to lower the price point.

With it requring 19v 3.42A power supply, I doubt it is bus powered.

There is this DC/USB Battery for $89. If you needed to be portable and carry around a bunch of power dongles.
    https://amzn.to/2u5VOr2

• I'm torn. 1 input, 1 usb, NO BATTERY, but good price.
    I was gunning for a Live which would comfortably remove from my desk my iPad, my MPD218 controller, my audio/midi interface, and my usb hub. THIS, however, not so much replacing... cheaper but... hmmm.

• It Looks like they stuffed a touch screen and memory card reader in one of their MPD pad controllers Haha.

• First impression..... looks good, ....... I felt Akai were up to something as you can't get the Live at the moment .... all on back order here . I figured they were going to release an improvement on the Live .... but I don't think like a marketing guy. Release this ,get new customers and when they sold a ton they will then release the Live upgrade Ka-Ching $$$$.

• @ruggedsmooth said:
    It Looks like they stuffed a touch screen and memory card reader in one of their MPD pad controllers Haha.

So true!

@oldschoolwillie said:
    This looks cool I wonder why AKAI only puts 2GB of RAM in its boxes though.

No need if they (ever) add disk streaming from sd card .

@at2 said:
    First impression..... looks good, ....... I felt Akai were up to something as you can't get the Live at the moment .... all on back order here . I figured they were going to release an improvement on the Live .... but I don't think like a marketing guy. Release this ,get new customers and when they sold a ton they will then release the Live upgrade Ka-Ching $$$$.

They need to keep releasing new gear to make money. It's business . As long they support live&X it's fine. The lack of Live stock _is _ strange...

@fattigman said:
    it's small to be portable but it has no battery. what is the logic behind that?
    "The most significant element of the MPC Live that appears not to have been brought across here is its rechargeable lithium-ion battery. This means that, although the MPC One looks to be the most compact and lightweight of the range, it can’t match its bigger sibling for true use-anywhere portability."

It’s easy to take it for a live show , studio etc

I really like it , but still looking for a used mpc touch , unless OS will get massive enhancements

• Man. Akai just gets it. Wish Elektron would do this :

• edited January 2020

looks pretty dope to me... they fudged it on the battery though but most people who bought the mpc live because of it's portability don't take it out much since it's heavy as hell but when you need it in a pinch for a session some where it's great to have...

you can't put an ssd inside it but you can still hook up and ssd/thumb drive/etc.. externally... I use an external t5 with my live it works great and is easy to take (the external hard drive) and use it with another piece of gear if needed.

that said the 'One' has nice assortment of dedicated buttons and I prefer the form factor to the live. Not as much I/o as the Live but it's got all of the most important features including ableton export, identical firmware, and adds cv to that.... it's definitely a workflow boost and will probably feel good to make beats on from what I've seen.

so in closing, if anybody wants to buy my Roland MC-101 pm me

• @kobamoto said:
    looks pretty dope to me... they fudged it on the battery though but most people who bought the mpc live because of it's portability don't take it out much since it's heavy as hell but when you need it in a pinch for a session some where it's great to have...

you can't put an ssd inside it but you can still hook up and ssd/thumb drive/etc.. externally... I use an external t5 with my live it works great and is easy to take (the external hard drive) and use it with another piece of gear if needed.

that said the 'One' has nice assortment of dedicated buttons and I prefer the form factor to the live. Not as much I/o as the Live but it's got all of the most important features including ableton export, identical firmware, and adds cv to that.... it's definitely a workflow boost and will probably feel good to make beats on from what I've seen.

so in closing, if anybody wants to buy my Roland MC-101 pm me

Love this form factor. It’s a damn shame the smallest MPC 2.0 device doesn’t have a battery. It’s also a shame the Live doesn’t have CV outs.

• yep, I'd love to see an interview with whomever it is at akai that made the decision to not include a battery, put the pads on the left side on the mpc live, put the Q-link knobs on the right side of the pads instead of the left etc... It's clear that their strategy is to do whatever they can under the sun to keep from taking the MPC X which has Perfect orientation and beat machine Feng shui , and shrink it down to something with a battery in it that you can carry around easily.

but I'm still interested as the dedicated buttons add to the workflow.

• If I recall, on the live you can use the shift pads to access many of the menus, so those buttons on the One don’t seem to add much (for me).