Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Some really nice new features on this.

Sequencer, Patterns, Scenes, Probability & Mutation.

• edited January 2020

Bookmarked... Hoping to see more on the 32 step Seq. (Scenes, PROBABILITY, and mutation??? ) Hope it has 'Scenes Snapshot'... That would change everything ...

Thanks.

Edit... The Custom Layout?

• About to take a break and watch this. I'm excited for it to finally be a [supported] standalone sequencer.

• I don't know much about this thing but if it had knobs like my Circuit I would want to know a lot more.

• edited January 2020

@AudioGus said:
    I don't know much about this thing but if it had knobs like my Circuit I would want to know a lot more.

$349 USD

I wonder why it’s limited to 4 Tracks of only 32 Steps. Seems rather odd.

Should be 8 Tracks with 64 Steps via Paging model to see additional 32 Steps like the Circuit.

• @Liquidmantis said:

About to take a break and watch this. I'm excited for it to finally be a [supported] standalone sequencer.

Just watching this video now.

I like the sound of the print sequencer midi to Ableton clip feature. If this works like how I imagine, you could enter and store all your sequencer data in the LPP unit, then hook it up to Ableton at a later time and automagically press a button to send it to an Ableton clip.

That’ s handy!

• @echoopera said:

@AudioGus said:
    I don't know much about this thing but if it had knobs like my Circuit I would want to know a lot more.

$349 USD

I wonder why it’s limited to 4 Tracks of only 32 Steps. Seems rather odd.

Should be 8 Tracks with 64 Steps via Paging model to see additional 32 Steps like the Circuit.

Yeah, seriously, very limited.

• Maybe a software update will fix it.

• Still no knobs on the Pro? First thing i look for. Would buy it in 5 secs if it had at least 6 knobs

• What am i saying. After watching this video i know i will get it 🤪

• Changing paramaters in steps of 8 isn't precise enough... or is there a 'fine' mode so you change paramaters in steps from 0-127?

• any clips on the mutations feature?

• edited January 2020

@kobamoto said:
    any clips on the mutations feature?

Only thing I’ve seen so far is on the BoBeats video above. At the 7:24 mark

• On device Ableton clip saving and 8 custom scenes was already enough to add to wishlist.

All the other stuff has put it to the top of that list. Time to sell some devices!

• @SpookyZoo said:

@kobamoto said:

thanks

• @kobamoto said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@kobamoto said:

thanks

Thanks. 4:00 into the video seems to be the most intriguing feature of this controller (right now). Too bad the video did not focus on Ableton Live integration a bit more.. But the ‘new’ scenes mode here actually improves Ableton’s lame ‘Capture and Insert’ feature.. just might be worth an upgrade from Version 9.. looking forward to more videos..

😎

• @echoopera said:
    What am i saying. After watching this video i know i will get it 🤪

Dangit chief u and me both lol. This is looking like it could make me commit to ableton long term

• Does it have Ableton Link built in?

• edited January 2020

Seems you can record MIDI directly into this..... and 'dump' (print to clip) MIDI to Ableton?

• Is this better for Ableton than previous models? Wanted a Push for ages, but they’re very pricey.

• Nice to see local heroes Klevgränd included with the desktop bundle. :) Congrats, @sundhage.

• @SlowwFloww said:
    Changing paramaters in steps of 8 isn't precise enough... or is there a 'fine' mode so you change paramaters in steps from 0-127?

On the mini, using the slide widget each pad has multiple steps that give you the higher resolution, the pads light intensity increases with each touch of the same pad.
    The pads are also velocity sensitive so I guess you could use pressure also and not have to rely on the slider widgets.

• edited January 2020

If you want standalone better get this: 32 tracks, 32 steps:

• At first it looked promising. But in reality, no knobs, not deep sequencing capabilities and spending 350 bucks for this is not good choice. Akai APC 40 mk2 / push 2 can be a good choice.

Whereas what I found is launchpad x which is excellent choice for iOS music making & also good pair for APC 40 mk2

• edited January 2020

I think the BoBeats video overview highlights all the strengths of the device. Sure their are some limitations, but i think those are just us being greedy and unreasonable.

At first i thought it was limited to only 32 steps per pattern, but it’s really 32 Steps per block which can be chained together...so it’s a lot like the Circuit which is great.

The probability and note randomization feature is just sick sick sick.

I think it will be a great addition for iOS musicians who want a hardware sequencer. I only wish it offered more than 4 tracks. But once you pair it with something like LoopyHD skies the limit ya know.

And since they are opening the framework to 3rd parties i believe, who knows what’s to come in software updates.

I’m sure once the Loopop video drops all will be answered 😬

• edited January 2020

@echoopera said:

@AudioGus said:

$349 USD

Novation Circuit is $329 (yes I get this probably does more as a sequencer) but from a simple first impression, curb appeal point of view that price argues against it because in my mind if you stripped the synth engine, sample engine, fx out of a Circuit to make a Cirquencer (which would still have knobs where you can sequence CC) you could probably make a really slimmed down sequencer/controller for like $150 or less. So where is the extra 200$ going? More pads and a fair bit more notation sequencing features I guess. But no knobs... if it had knobs I really would be counting my pennies for it.

• @AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:

@AudioGus said:

$349 USD

Novation Circuit is $329 (yes I get this probably does more as a sequencer) but from a simple first impression, curb appeal point of view that price argues against it because in my mind if you stripped the synth engine, sample engine, fx out of a Circuit to make a Cirquencer (which would still have knobs where you can sequence CC) you could probably make a really slimmed down sequencer/controller for like $150 or less. So where is the extra 200$ going? More pads and a fair bit more notation sequencing features I guess. But no knobs... if it had knobs I really would be counting my pennies for it.

If it had knobs it would no longer be a LaunchPAD

• Honestly it doesn’t need knobs since you can customize it to make the pads = knobs via the editor. I do this with the launchpad x to act as faders in AUM.

• @echoopera said:
    Honestly it doesn’t need knobs since you can customize it to make the pads = knobs via the editor. I do this with the launchpad x to act as faders in AUM.

How does that work? Pressure determines cc value?