Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audient Evo small IOS audio interface

Comments

• EVO 4 is scheduled to ship early in the first quarter of 2020 (location dependent) and will retail at £99.99 inc VAT, €119 inc local VAT and US $129 MAP. Pricing for EVO 8 will be £159.99 / €189.99 / $199.

• Love the design and size of these. Perfect for portable setup.

• nice ! hope the quality of the sound matches the design...

• Shame it seems there is no MIDI, but this does look way nicer than lugging around all the wires and adapters to my current 2in/2out

• edited January 2020

@mlau said:
    nice ! hope the quality of the sound matches the design...

I agree but Audient make great stuff

• +1 > @burns_audio said:

Shame it seems there is no MIDI, but this does look way nicer than lugging around all the wires and adapters to my current 2in/2out

• @burns_audio with midi would be fantastic, although i suspect that this little box would become then another big box 😎

• ps : btw am looking for an audio interface w/midi for my ipad pro 11... if anyone has a good advice....

• Steinberg ur 22 mk2 👍🏼

@mlau said:
    ps : btw am looking for an audio interface w/midi for my ipad pro 11... if anyone has a good advice....

• @mlau said:
    ps : btw am looking for an audio interface w/midi for my ipad pro 11... if anyone has a good advice....

I just received the motu m4 and have the scarlet gen 3 which I like. I’ll keep u posted on my m4 thoughts when I get a chance to check it out

• edited January 2020
  • edited January 2020

Looks like there could be enough space left inside between the two PCBs to insert a 2-cell USB power bank...?
    (And I wonder how long it takes for the tiny pot to break from mistreatment of the big knob :# )
    As for MIDI, I think that BlueTooth MIDI is a better alternative anyway because look mom no cables.

• edited January 2020

I’m going to try and interview all the IOS audio interfaces Devs at NAMM

• @Shazamm Awesome.

@rs2000 I'm curious about the power that would be coming from an iPhone or iPad and if it would be enough to drive a condenser with the 48v Phantom Power, or if we would need a USB hub as well. Which would destroy the idea of compactness of this...

• @Shazamm said:

Awesome. Please also tell Apogee to update the Maestro software does iOS. Ridiculous they haven’t at this point!

• @mjcouche said:
    @Shazamm Awesome.

@rs2000 I'm curious about the power that would be coming from an iPhone or iPad and if it would be enough to drive a condenser with the 48v Phantom Power, or if we would need a USB hub as well. Which would destroy the idea of compactness of this...

I bet that you'll need USB power for that. Not necessarily a USB hub, it could also be a CCK3 adapter and a little power bank. But hey, the box isn't very compact anyway. For a really portable set I'd prefer an iPhone + CCK3 + Zoom H1n + tiny power bank for stereo line recording or a good USB condenser microphone so you don't need an interface at all.

• @rs2000 True. I'm mostly happy with my Shure MVi and Shure MV51. And when I need to I can do the powerbank thing for the MVi for preamps/ condensers. I'm not really doing any stereo anyways.

• @Shazamm interview ‘em all, you know what we want. Apply your charismatic pressure...
    Remember my wallet is in my wife’s purse!

• @NoiseHorse said:
    @Shazamm interview ‘em all, you know what we want. Apply your charismatic pressure...
    Remember my wallet is in my wife’s purse!

lol I tried that with Akai one year they dont like me anymore lol

• So this or SSL 2 / 2+ ?

• @jjkjjk said:
    So this or SSL 2 / 2+ ?

Does the SSL 2 require drivers or is it class complaint ?

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@mlau said:

I just received the motu m4 and have the scarlet gen 3 which I like. I’ll keep u posted on my m4 thoughts when I get a chance to check it out

I’m really liking the m4 so far!! It’s featureset is perfect for iPad and I just put it thru it’s paces recording vocals in Cubasis 3 and even without mixing, it translates well into cars, earbuds etc...Love the scarlet gen 3 also, but something about the motu m4 feels just a little bit better, and more solid overall. I’ll probably end up getting the interface in this thread also as well as the new ssl one. It’s amazing what we’re getting for these prices!

• This has loopback, too, which could be killer on iOS. Route GarageBand into AB/AUM!

@Shazamm said:

@jjkjjk said:
    So this or SSL 2 / 2+ ?

Does the SSL 2 require drivers or is it class complaint ?

It's class compliant.

• the ssl2 looks fantastic ! let us know about it ....

• @mistercharlie said:
    This has loopback, too, which could be killer on iOS.

Really?? Could this possibly replace an iCA4+? 😯

• @mistercharlie said:
    This has loopback, too, which could be killer on iOS. Route GarageBand into AB/AUM!

The motu m4 also has loopback but requires a computer to use it. Do u know if this one will be able to use it on iOS?

• @papertiger said:

@Shazamm said:

Awesome. Please also tell Apogee to update the Maestro software does iOS. Ridiculous they haven’t at this point!

Like seriously! I’m looking at their iOS compatible products as abandonware at this point. Nothing natively works with iPad Pro 2018

• @mlau said:

I have a Steinberg UR 44 and it works great with my iPad Pro 11.