Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cpu maximization tips? -iPhone XS Max

Hello!

I am encountering a frustrating issue when working in zenbeats and am wondering if there is a way to work with it more efficiently

I recorded a 2 minute song with a constant number of tracks and clips-the song does not become more complex or layered as it progresses

At the beginning of playback it uses 20% of the CPU- by the time it gets close to 2 minutes it is crackling and using 72% of the CPU

The song uses 4 instances of JAX Convolutor Pro by Jens Guell with a buffer size of 1024 set in zenbeats. I realize this is a lot of instances of a taxing convolution reverb, however for my purposes I need this many and cannot use send tracks. Still bizarre to me how using all 4 instances can initially only use 20% cpu and gradually wind up to 72% over 2 minutes

Does anyone have any tips or advice for getting the most out of the iPhone XS Max cpu and having it’s usage remain more consistent in the situation I’ve described?

If I can be of any help with providing additional information please let me know.

Thanks so much!

Comments

• edited January 2020

Have you tried with an external audio interface with 44.1 kHz? Recent devices crackles quickly on internal speakers and lightning EarPods/jack adapter which is stuck at 48 kHz.

• @Janosax said:
    Have you tried with an external audio interface with 44.1 kHz? Recent devices crackles quickly on internal speakers and lightning EarPods/jack adapter which is stuck at 48 kHz.

no I do not own an external audio interface as I work on my iphone in mobile situations

Are there any other potential solutions without the use of external hardware?

• edited January 2020

@annahahn said:

@Janosax said:

no I do not own an external audio interface as I work on my iphone in mobile situations

Are there any other potential solutions without the use of external hardware?

Not really unfortunately. With non pro iPads it’s possible to use jacked EarPods or any compatible jacked headphones with built in mic to force 44.1, works quite well with iPad Air 3. But on XSMax there is only lightning.