Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Music AI Cannot Emulate!

edited January 2020 in Other

Comments

• edited January 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Screw AI. Machine learning for the win... or maybe flying cars. I don’t know,

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:
    It’s all the same pattern comparison in the end?
    Somebody wake me again if it gets good, lol.

Humans are just messy organic AI. Long live Gort!

• @Max23 said:
    AI can, in theory, replicate any style you feed it with.
    The question is if I do it does it emotionally touch me or is it random Muzak music for elevators?
    I Heard- impressive sounding ai and I heard a lot of stuff that was just awful junk. ^^
    I can’t remember what the last demo was I watched, but it was the most generic junk u could imagine and the ai played weird junk a musician would never play. I guess it couldn’t get the tempo right. It played weird and way to busy double time stuff.

You have also described a majority of the music created people.

• Excellent picks @kobamoto!

• edited January 2020
  • edited January 2020

never let a computer tell me sh*t
    -deltron3030

:D

I've heard some good stuff out of AI, but there is a difference between hoooman and not hoooman... no matter how subtle, the reality of that difference is defined by it's own existence.

if you've ever heard a cover band on a cruise ship play James brown's Payback then you know where this is goin, now imagine an AI doing it :# :s

• edited January 2020
  • @Max23 said:
    >

I just watched a minute of a remake of pink panther with Steve Martin as inspector clouseau instead of peter sellers. What a junk, I had to turn it off. Peter sellers is irreplaceable. ^^

oh how I concur, and I'm a huge Steve Martin fan but that was blasphemy! Give yourself a migraine by trying to imagine a remake of 'The Jerk' starring Peter Sellers... but don't try it alone.

• I don’t think there’s a reason why AI should not be able to create some type of music. There are a few reviews and tutorials out there now but are still not widely known. The reason people don’t know about this type of programming is that there aren’t any standard way of modeling human emotion.
    Many arts are difficult for the human ear to detect, and humans tend to assign low values to music and vocal tracks.
    We simply can't perceive the essence of an emotion, only the response.
    A scientific study recently supported this idea.
    Given that we will only be able to experience music that makes us feel emotions that can otherwise be dismissed or dampened, it seems logical to build music that evokes and engages a wide range of these emotions, so as to be able to further promote feelings of belonging and pleasure to those in attendance.
    The programming theory can be applied to classical music as well, while being true to the form, sounds and music to which it was originally dedicated. The building of walls between genres and those with different tastes would be counterproductive to the true goal of preserving and cultivating artistic integrity.

disclaimer: the answer above has been written by AI, specifically GPT-2 model prompted with the previous posts in this discussion. You can play with it yourself: https://talktotransformer.com/

• This whole 14 minute track in different parts from the 70s was done in one take = the intro and outro being the same. Amazing jazz funk fusion recording, buckle up for the trip! ;)
    We will NEVER hear stuff like this: