Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Geoshred /Swam Collaborate - Just Wow! - IAP

Swam instruments to be available inside Geoshred as a 15USD IAP for each instrument

Always wished for this. Did not enjoy playing with Roli

Comments

• edited January 2020

Holy cannoli! When?? Where did you hear this? Is this in addition to the brass auv3 they have coming out in February?

Unexpected but excited to hear Geoshred will finally have good sounds haha

• Got an email about it. Great news, but that is steep in terms of IAP price.

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    Got an email about it. Great news, but that is steep in terms of IAP price.

yes , but I just hope it does not go the FF way ....buy some IAP and then Audio Modeling comes with their own apps

IOS apps not always as cheap as they seem to be

For every 100 USD spend a year there is 20-30% $ lost to abandonware/New versions making the old ones obsolete/new IOS updates introducing bugs/old phones IPADs becoming less feature rich etc

• The SWAM packs are $10 each in ROLI NOISE? But they do not load in AUv3.

The big question regarding GeoShred's IAP is: Will they load in AUv3?

• This is really great new if they work as auv3. One thing that geoshred won’t have that the roli hardware has is velocity detection.

• @mojozart said:
    The SWAM packs are $10 each in ROLI NOISE? But they do not load in AUv3.

The big question regarding GeoShred's IAP is: Will they load in AUv3?

Let’s hope so. That was a huge disappointment with the roli app.

• Very interesting development. I never got the SWAM packs in Roli Noise as you couldn’t use them as AUv3 - perhaps this is why!

• @PhilW said:
    Very interesting development. I never got the SWAM packs in Roli Noise as you couldn’t use them as AUv3 - perhaps this is why!

They posted misleading info about it on roli’ s site at one time, someone at roli claiming they would end up auv3. Later went back on this when I asked. I think it was audio modelling who said they were only ever intended as a teaser lacking lots of functionality intended to sell or advertise the main apps. Was very disappointing as I have no intention of ever paying the insane amounts full packages cost. However, it does seem the approach to iOS has changed, :smiley:

• If they sound as I expect, then 15€ each is a very fair price. I spent a lot more for average apps that I don’t use anymore. GeoShred is unbelievable realistic for guitar sounds, and it should be so even more for strings and brasses. Can’t wait... 🤤

• This is excellent news. I hope I have well understood and that it will be possible to load the SWAM instruments in the AU version of Geoshred. For me, it is a little bit "strange" that they don't release their own AU plugins. Probable reason is that the Geoshred user base is already well established. Wait and see

• They should have made them available as AUs in their own Roli app too. Not all instruments are available as AU - only in standalone app

• edited January 2020

@MobileMusic said:
    They should have made them available as AUs in their own Roli app too. Not all instruments are available as AU - only in standalone app

I requested them years ago and they quoted poor device performance but device performance have gone up higher than laptops lately

• edited January 2020

@fattigman said:
    This is really great new if they work as auv3. One thing that geoshred won’t have that the roli hardware has is velocity detection.

Which is a shame because it's entirely possible to put velocity detection in a ipad screen midi keyboard.

But yeah 15 is cheap as fuck. Swam insrriments usually cost hundreds and hundreds of dollars

• Audio Modeling has updated their roadmap january 12th 2020:

Hello everybody!

Things are evolving each day at Audio Modeling, so we are not able to provide dates "written in the stone".
    This is currently our - very rough - roadmap:

• Oct 2019 - Dec 2019: Camelot PROMO with Yamaha Synths https://yamaha.io/camelot [EXTENDED to March 2020!]
    • Nov 2019 - Jan 2010: Camelot PROMO with Studiologic https://www.studiologic-music.com/news/2019-11-01_camelot-bundle/
    • Christmas 2019: SWAM Solo Brass PRE-ORDER (until February 25th)
    • January 2020: NAMM Show, presentation of SWAM Solo Brass and Camelot "Audio" module + some **surprises! :)
    • February 26th, 2020: release of SWAM Solo Brass for Desktop and iOS
    • February/March 2020: "Audio" module for Camelot including Audio FX, Timeline and Backing Tracks
    • Spring 2020: SWAM v3 for Desktop and iOS (iPad and iPhone)
    • 2020: more Camelot modules
    • End 2020: SWAM Ensembles

Notes about SWAM v3

SWAM v3 generation will start with SWAM Solo Brass: the UX and Look & Feel is totally renewed.

SUPPORTED FORMATS AND OS:

Desktop:

• 64bit only
    • Standalone, Audio Units, VST, VST3, AAX, NKS
    • Mac OSX 10.11 (El Capitan), macOS 10.12 (Sierra) – 10.15 (Catalina)
    • Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10

iOS:

• Standalone, AUv3 and IAA
    • iOS 11 and above
    • Devices: first releases will be for iPad only, then we will add iPhone too

[updated January 12th, 2020]

Source: https://community.audiomodeling.com/index.php?u=/topic/24/a-rough-roadmap/1#post-81

• @MobileMusic said:

@MobileMusic said:
    They should have made them available as AUs in their own Roli app too. Not all instruments are available as AU - only in standalone app

I requested them years ago and they quoted poor device performance but device performance have gone up higher than laptops lately

Mobile devices have certainly become better and better. For real world real-time audio, the consensus among programmers is that iDevices haven't caught up in spite of some glitzy specs that don't apply to complex realtime DSP.

• I was wondering what I wait for after Drambo drops.

This will fit the bill: AUv3 IOS SWAM instruments. "Drain the SWAM right into my iPad. Fill it up". I have the one of the Roli IAP's. So good. Playing it on an iPhone won't work so I need another iPad until then. I almost have my wife ready to get an iPad Pro 1TB system for her
    computing needs and she's in my "family" on the iTunes Store. I love it when a plan comes together. She will say thank you for letting me buy the iPad with the nice speakers and the big screen and enough Storage to hold all my photos and videos.

Lot's of spare room for my Apps too. Maybe she'll even use some of them to play the piano
    and take more lessons online. Then she'll leave it on the Casio to charge. "Are you coming to bed?"

OK. Drambo, Mononoke, GeoShred IAP's, SWAM apps... 2020 will be good.

"Let's go to the Apple Store. That old Mac of yours is riddled with Viruses. iPads don't catch viruses. Did you know that? They aren't really computers and have no bugs either. It's the future. Expensive but isn't our identity worth protecting?"

• @zah said:

"...GeoShred 5.0 slated to be launched Q2/2020"

Wait! What? I just bought GeoShred and now I have to buy it again? :(

I’d be VERY surprised if it wasn’t a free update, it’s “just” adding new features, not a rewrite.

Enjoy GeoShred, took me a while to get it but no regrets.

• Video just released Gerald Peters playing GeoShred + Audio Modeling SWAM saxophone on his iPhone 8+.

• It’s so sad that Apple stopped supporting 3D Touch on new devices just before audio modeling is finally coming to iOS. Apps like GeoShred and Velocity Keyboard would be amazing controllers for these instruments. If 3D Touch came to iPad, I would sell my seaboard in a heartbeat.

I wonder how realistic these instruments can sound without a good way of controlling after touch, for those playing on an iPad screen.

• @DougW said:
    Video just released Gerald Peters playing GeoShred + Audio Modeling SWAM saxophone on his iPhone 8+.

Wow. That’s technically impressive. How much of the realism will be lost without the after touch?

And how gnarly can it get with some amp feedback added on top of the acoustic model?

• I wish moForte would add Apple Pencil pressure sensitivity support like the Seaboard 5D app has.

• edited January 2020

My question is will aftertouch be available for people using this with a roli or linnstrument?

• @sclurbs said:
    My question is will aftertouch be available for people using this with a roli or linnstrument?

GeoShred has a very nice MPE implementation. I would expect this add-on will work fine with a hardware controller.

• edited January 2020

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Wow. That’s technically impressive. How much of the realism will be lost without the after touch?

If you play audio modeling instruments flat and dry, they sound that way. They are designed to respond well to expressive playing. Any type of swell or crescendo on a legato note would be difficult; also, vibrato on the woodwind instruments could be tough as well. When I play on the seaboard, I can achieve very realistic vibrato by bouncing my finger up and down lightly. Side to side vibrato motion sounds unnatural on woodwinds.

GeoShred does have the “vibrato depth” slider, and I suppose they could map velocity to the “whammy” slider.

• @White said:
    Audio Modeling has updated their roadmap january 12th 2020:

• iOS 11 and above

What does this mean?

Audio Modeling will come up with their own versions like fab filter?

• McDMcD
    edited January 2020

@McD said:
    I almost have my wife ready to get an iPad Pro 1TB system for her
    computing needs and she's in my "family" on the iTunes Store. I love it when a plan comes together. She will say thank you for letting me buy the iPad with the nice speakers and the big screen and enough Storage to hold all my photos and videos.

It worked. She loves the iPad Pro... I said buy all the storage you can afford. She decided to
    spend the money and be able to load all her photos and videos and be ready for the grand baby documentary. (I bought Luma Fusion on sale). FYI: the 1TB Pro has 6 GB of RAM. Nice choice, huh?

Just one little snag in my evil plan.

Can anyone hack Face ID for me? So close. No cigar.

Isn't Face ID a government plot to watch us on in the bathroom?

• @hisdudeness said:

@White said:

• iOS 11 and above

What does this mean?

I don’t quite understand that either, because if they release their own SWAM auv3 apps, why would anyone then want to buy the GeoShred IAP’s, unless they are not the same ?

• @White said:

@hisdudeness said:

@White said:

• iOS 11 and above

What does this mean?

I don’t quite understand that either, because if they release their own SWAM auv3 apps, why would anyone then want to buy the GeoShred IAP’s, unless they are not the same ?

As I mentioned earlier.. need to clarity.. don’t want this to turn like Fab Filter

Purchased in Auria and then repurchased again

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@DougW said:
    Video just released Gerald Peters playing GeoShred + Audio Modeling SWAM saxophone on his iPhone 8+.

And how gnarly can it get with some amp feedback added on top of the acoustic model?

I have a roli lightblock I love and only recently got velocity keyboard working on iOS. I was wondering about after touch as you can hear a lot of velocity and changes in dynamics on the geo shred video which sounds as expressive as the sax on roli. Surely the only thing after touch controls is volume (maybe they add a couple of dynamics in there too) which could be controlled using touch area? I know that’s meant to be configurable on velocity keyboard not sure about geoshred