Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Unofficial Mozaic User Helpline

McDMcD
edited January 2020 in General App Discussion

A Mozaic User does not write scripts. A Mozaic User uses the free Mozaic scripts and
has questions that other Users (and hopefully some developers) will answer.

There are over 10 Mozaic Users out there but there should be more.

There are over 100 developers. They do not like to do one-to-one support but some of them
are extremely generous with their time and skills.

DO NOT EXPECT @Brambos to spend his time here answering User questions.
He's got a new baby to ship and will then start writing another app. Why prevent that from happening with interruptions. Multi-tasking kills flow.

So... get Mozaic and post your questions HERE. I would start with the Mozaic demo apps that come with the product and then learn to install PatchStorage.com scripts. It's very easy if you
follow the instructions that I'll post here after 5 new users reply.

*This is a free service provided by the AudioBus Forum as a public service and not an official support channel.

Will you give it a shot?
  1. Do you have any MIDI Hardware?22 votes
    1. Yes.
      77.27%
    2. No.
      22.73%
  2. Did you know you can down load Mozaic apps for free?22 votes
    1. No. I though you had to write programs.
      22.73%
    2. Yes.
      77.27%
  3. Do you own Mozaic but haven't figured out what to do with it?22 votes
    1. Yes. Waste of my time and money.
      68.18%
    2. No. But I won't ever use it.
      31.82%
  4. Do you have a problem treating developers as human beings that have a life?22 votes
    1. Yes. They sold their soul to the Devil when they took my money.
      13.64%
    2. No. They have the problem. Jerks. I'm OK.
      86.36%

Comments

• I may be lurking in the shadows from time to time.

But you’ll never know when B)

• edited January 2020

What’s the simplest way to manage picking up where you left off from on Patch Storage. If you re-install patches by accident Do they just duplicate in Mozaic?

@brambos do you ever roll Patch Storage patches into an app update or should we just grab them from there whenever we can?

@McD i appreciate the knowledge you are sharing on ABF

Cheers

• @gusgranite said:
    What’s the simplest way to manage picking up where you left off from on Patch Storage. If you re-install patches by accident Do they just duplicate in Mozaic?

@_Ki recommends developers add the rev number to the new script instance so the user will
    see "CoolToolv1.2" "CoolToolv1.3". If the name is the same it would over write the old instance.

@brambos do you ever roll Patch Storage patches into an app update or should we just grab them from there whenever we can?

Bad idea for @Brambos because it might imply support and he pays for the download size.
    Better to teach us to use the licenses of the developer as set on PatchStorage. But I don't speak for @Brambos. Just my thinking so he doesn't have to touch anything with support or
    rights issues.

PatchStorage is the easiest download experience for any site I've used. It's also a sweet option for coders to reach users and not involve @Brambos or support hundreds of users
    that have issues.

@McD i appreciate the knowledge you are sharing on ABF

I'll be coming out of this cycle of mass commenting any day and start showering again.
    Then these threads will have to get more owners. I'm too old for this shit.

Cheers

Skoal. I'm 50% Finnish and don't Skoal is all I got.
    "Here's looking up for old address." for the Scotch-Irish mutt 1/2.

• LETTERS TO THE HELP LINE:
    What are the Top 3 Mozaic Scripts. PatchStorage has so many. How can I choose.

HELP LINE RESPONSE:
    We should use data. The scripts on PatchStorage can be view by Likes and Downloads.
    Start with the Tops in those categories and read the developers description of what the apps
    is design to do. The one that converts shite MIDI into a Top of the Pops hit is a clever bit of kit.

Oops. Sorry, that script was pulled back on order from BMG for sounding like their catalog of 10 Million pop tunes. Many of which were used to define the algorhytms being deployed.
    Like the patented C-Am-F-G chord progression. There should be a script that flags that potential legal entanglement. Or sounding like any dead Motown Artist. Bad form, what?

• It would be super cool to see simple building block examples for complete beginners to get started.

Basic lines of code 1 to 4 knobs to start

1.remap 1 cc to another
    2.simple note repeater
    3.transpose single note (no midi thru)
    4.transpose single note (with midi thru)
    5.1 knob swing
    6.1 knob note randomizer
    7.1 knob note length gate
    8.1 knob velocity fixer
    9.CC to prg changer

Here are few ideas :-) any help would be awesome.

• McDMcD
    edited January 2020

@topaz said:
    It would be super cool to see simple building block examples for complete beginners to get started.

1.remap 1 cc to another
    2.simple note repeater
    5.1 knob swing
    6.1 knob note randomizer
    8.1 knob velocity fixer
    9.CC to prg changer

Nice list. #2 is done on this thread in
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/36604/learn-to-program-midi-by-typing-in-mozaic-scripts/p1

There's a Knob Example there too and just using it for any of the listed variables would do the job.

"Example #3: Sample and Hold Repeating"

@Description

Example #3: Sample and Hold Repeating - v 1.0

@End

@OnLoad

// PPQN Settings (for repeated notes per Metronome Beat) allowed are 1,2,3,4,8,16,32
      // Just change the 4 below to any allowed option.

SetMetroPPQN 4

@End

@OnMidiInput

Log {MIDI Instruction+Channel: }, MIDIByte1, { Note: }, MIDIByte2, { Velocity: }, MIDIByte3

@End

@OnMetroPulse

// Only happens when the DAWs Transport gets started

SendMidiOut MIDIByte1, MIDIByte2, 100
      SendMidiOut MIDIByte1, MIDIByte2, 0, 100

@End

• To be fair/clear I voted "waste of my time and money" because there are only two black/white options for each question in the poll. More accurately I would say this is one of dozens of apps I've purchased to solve a problem/add a feature to my workflow but didn't really understand what the app was until I bought it and after months haven't really found a place for it in my workflow.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: iOS apps should have free trial periods even if it's like a 30 minute trial with limited capabilities to see what you are actually buying before you buy it. The way the App store is run is like being forced to buy everything site unseen off Amazon with a 100% no return policy and without even having a brick and mortar store like Walmart where I can go and touch the item before I order it off Amazon....

I think Ampify has really nailed it with their model on Groovebox. A totally free app that is great and useful as is but with in app purchases to unlock advanced features and presets etc. Even if Apple doesn't let developers do free trial versions then maybe everyone should just have free version of app with key features locked out and use in app purchase to unlock it if you want to buy it.

With all that said, I own all of Bram's apps except Troublemaker so far and love and use every one regularly except Mozaic so at the end of the day I don't mind throwing them a few extra dollars for an app I don't really use in exchange for all of the great reasonably priced ones I use

• Cool, will check them out ;-)

@McD said:

@topaz said:
    It would be super cool to see simple building block examples for complete beginners to get started.

1.remap 1 cc to another
    2.simple note repeater
    5.1 knob swing
    6.1 knob note randomizer
    8.1 knob velocity fixer
    9.CC to prg changer

Nice list. #2 is done on this thread in
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/36604/learn-to-program-midi-by-typing-in-mozaic-scripts/p1

There's a Knob Example there too and just using it for any of the listed variables would do the job.

"Example #3: Sample and Hold Repeating"

@Description

Example #3: Sample and Hold Repeating - v 1.0

@End

@OnLoad

// PPQN Settings (for repeated notes per Metronome Beat) allowed are 1,2,3,4,8,16,32
      // Just change the 4 below to any allowed option.

SetMetroPPQN 4

@End

@OnMidiInput

Log {MIDI Instruction+Channel: }, MIDIByte1, { Note: }, MIDIByte2, { Velocity: }, MIDIByte3

@End

@OnMetroPulse

// Only happens when the DAWs Transport gets started

SendMidiOut MIDIByte1, MIDIByte2, 100
      SendMidiOut MIDIByte1, MIDIByte2, 0, 100

@End

• @rms13 said:
    To be fair/clear I voted "waste of my time and money" because there are only two black/white options for each question in the poll. More accurately I would say this is one of dozens of apps I've purchased to solve a problem/add a feature to my workflow but didn't really understand what the app was until I bought it and after months haven't really found a place for it in my workflow.

I'm sorry to hear that. Rather than an app that extracts money for extra features this one gives me new features at no cost. But I like:

MIDI Generators (I have a dozen apps in this genre: Fugue, Riffer, Polyphase, etc.
    Personal GUI implementations - add knobs or pads to any existing MIDI Synth/Drum app
    MIDI "Flow" conversions - help for my 4 Button pedal. Make a button mean anything I can think of
    One-Finger to Chordal or Sequence engines
    Randomizing, Swing, MIDi Filtering apps

I've said it before and I'll say it again: iOS apps should have free trial periods even if it's like a 30 minute trial with limited capabilities to see what you are actually buying before you buy it.

Apple won't do that, IMHO. Like you say a developer can make the initial product free and many do.

The way the App store is run is like being forced to buy everything site unseen off Amazon with a 100% no return policy and without even having a brick and mortar store like Walmart where I can go and touch the item before I order it off Amazon.

This model probably contributes to the intense focus on lower prices to lower the risks of your situation. Bought it and regret the purchase.

I think Ampify has really nailed it with their model on Groovebox.

Wow. A closed system with limited IAP content. No AUv3, IAA features for customization of
    functions or FX. Not unlike Gadget but as you say. Free to try.

Roland XenBeats is a lot like this with more content but it adds the AUv3 and FX extensions
    like most DAW's.

With all that said, I own all of Bram's apps except Troublemaker so far and love and use every one regularly except Mozaic so at the end of the day I don't mind throwing them a few extra dollars for an app I don't really use in exchange for all of the great reasonably priced ones I use.

I'm sorry. I have hopes something will make this a good spend for you at some time. The Apple Store will keep a copy for you at anytime to re-download. For years.

I wish I could help you but I'm not going to email you a gift card. Bad precedent to provide "Help". Caveat emptor. I have dozens of apps I will never use. I have that problem. New shiny apps just have my number.

• wimwim
    edited January 2020

@rms13 said:
    To be fair/clear I voted "waste of my time and money" because there are only two black/white options for each question in the poll. More accurately I would say this is one of dozens of apps I've purchased to solve a problem/add a feature to my workflow but didn't really understand what the app was until I bought it and after months haven't really found a place for it in my workflow.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: iOS apps should have free trial periods even if it's like a 30 minute trial with limited capabilities to see what you are actually buying before you buy it. The way the App store is run is like being forced to buy everything site unseen off Amazon with a 100% no return policy and without even having a brick and mortar store like Walmart where I can go and touch the item before I order it off Amazon....

I think Ampify has really nailed it with their model on Groovebox. A totally free app that is great and useful as is but with in app purchases to unlock advanced features and presets etc. Even if Apple doesn't let developers do free trial versions then maybe everyone should just have free version of app with key features locked out and use in app purchase to unlock it if you want to buy it.

With all that said, I own all of Bram's apps except Troublemaker so far and love and use every one regularly except Mozaic so at the end of the day I don't mind throwing them a few extra dollars for an app I don't really use in exchange for all of the great reasonably priced ones I use

Interesting. there's not a single script on patchstorage.com that makes it worthwhile for you? Even if you never write a line of code, there are dozens of scripts that do cool things.

If not then maybe you can dream up an idea, propose it, and someone just might develop it for free. Perhaps that it's a waste is more a failure of the imagination than a failure of the app store or of the app. (I imply no criticism here ... only encouragement.)

• @wim said:
    If not then maybe you can dream up an idea, propose it, and someone just might develop it for free. Perhaps that it's a waste is more a failure of the imagination than a failure of the app store or of the app. (I imply no criticism here ... only encouragement.)

If he happy with a Groove Box he probably just needs that type of Live environment.
    If he ever wants to add external hardware controls then he might appreciate a script to
    save tweak a GUI on the iPad.

My Akai MPK MKII mini should arrive tomorrow.

• @McD said:

@wim said:

If he happy with a Groove Box he probably just needs that type of Live environment.
    If he ever wants to add external hardware controls then he might appreciate a script to
    save tweak a GUI on the iPad.

My Akai MPK MKII mini should arrive tomorrow.

I really appreciate the app Groove Box for what they give you for free and value if you spend to unlock it. It certainly has limitations and honestly I viewed it as a toy when I first downloaded it but as I've played around it's a pretty powerful tool especially for free. And I think it's $5.99 to unlock all of the synth editing and it's based on Novation synths so they really sound great. You get 3 really nice synths and a decent drum machine for free and then $5.99 if you want to edit parameters so that's a pretty good bargain and they keep adding useful features and are actively developing unlike a lot of apps I have spent a lot more money on who have basically abandoned. I have DAWs and synths that I paid over $20 for that haven't had updates in over a year and likely will never have another update. But I also get that $20 isn't the same as desktop VST prices so it's all relative.

But my main tool these days is AUM which I use like a groove box hosting all of my Brambos apps and a few others. What I was really looking for with Mozaic was something that could sequence instruments and apply certain scale/key to them and maybe do some generative patterns. I don't use any hardware and I prefer programing stuff in sequencers and since I don't have piano/keyboard background and I have medicore music theory skills I'm always looking for ways to quickly come up with sequences that are in key to play back multiple synths. I already have the Rozeta suite which does a lot of what I want but I thought Mozaic would open some more options. I looked at Patch Storage last night and there are more interesting patches then last time I've looked but still nothing that compels me to use Mozaic over another app. There doesn't seem to be many Mozaic apps that will run a sequence without you having to interact in real time with it but I could be wrong. Since getting Mozaic I have got Step Poly Arp and Atom Piano Roll and both of those do almost everything I want combined with a few of the Rozeta apps

I am in no way criticizing the app, Brambos or any devs making apps I'm just saying that this one app doesn't do anything for me right now and I don't like Apple's politics/business model for the app store that can force people to buy multiple apps to get one that they like. I'd be happy to pay $20 for every app I have bought that I actually use if I could try them out for 30 minutes before I buy them to see if it's something I actually want as opposed to buying a bunch of apps for $5 that I don't use. In that world I give a bigger amount of money to devs like Brambos that are making multiple great apps that I use all the time instead of giving small amounts of money to many devs that put out half assed apps and then abandon them

• McDMcD
    edited January 2020

@rms13 said:
    What I was really looking for with Mozaic was something that could sequence instruments and apply certain scale/key to them and maybe do some generative patterns.

Got it. Mozaic can do just that. You'll be glad you own it.

You might not like the GUI. Mozaic has 4 layouts for a scripter to choose from.
    No piano roll possible.

But Mozaic supports something like 14 scales.
    Keys are trivial with MIDI... just add/subtract notes value to transpose.
    Scripting generators is also easy with coding and the math functions @Brambos exposes.

I triggered this music from a Mozaic script:

and this one from the same script:

and this one by putting Riffer into the Mozaic script (not my favorite):

This one was generated by playing single notes on the AUM keyboard. About one new note every 4-5 seconds. The script knows it's chords and scales:

• I found the helpline!

Just trying to fulfil @McD 's wish and make a patch randomiser for Dixie a la that 'this cartridge doesn't exist'.

Seemed simple until I tried - code below works to some extent but you can see the weirdness I had to do to even get a large array loaded (I thought I was being smart and laid out all the parameter limits in a spreadsheet, the converted to csv before copying and pasting into moziac but it was properly bombing both the AU and the standalone out so I resort to multiple for loops...)

So I got that sorted and then proceeded with the next step - on a pad press simply send a unique sysex message to each parameter with the random limit set by the array, but it seems that it won't let me do more than 64 at once fro some reason. I can see there are limits on the size of sysex messages but when does this apply? In this example of code, I even resorted to using a function / user event to see if that broke the spell but it seems not - is there an invisible timer that determines when the limit is hit? If so, I guess I could just 'wait' a short period before sending each 64 sysex messages, but I'm not sure,

cheers

Chris

@OnLoad
          for op = 0 to 5

opStart = op * 21
            paramLims[opStart] = [99,99,99,99,99,99,99,99,99,99,99,3,3,7,3,7,99,1,31,99]

endfor

paramLims[126] = [99,99,99,99,99,99,99,99,31,7,1,99,99,99,99,1,5,7]

@End

@OnPadDown

for paramNo = 0 to 143

//Log paramNo,{=},paramLims[paramNo]

paramMax = paramLims[paramNo]
            value = Random 0 , paramMax
            data = [0x43, 0x10, 0x01, paramNo, value]
            Log paramNo,{=},value,{=},paramMax
            Call @sendSysex2dx (data)
            //SendSysex data, 5
          endfor 

@End 

@End 

@sendSysex2dx

SendSysex data, 5

@End

• _ki_ki
    edited August 2020

Good morning, here’s the Helpline.

For simple questions press „1“, for complex question press „2“ and if you don‘t know, press „3“

... 2 ...

... elevator music ...

Thanks for reaching out, our experts will pick up as soon as someone is available

... repeating elevator music ...

Hi,

yes, there is a maxlimit for the sysex send buffer during a single ‚outer’ event call. With your 143 message with 5 (+3 internal) bytes you already seem to hit it.

The solution is not that simple, as you have to split the sending to be executed during several events. To do this, you have to setup a kind of simplistic scheduler in a OnTimer event, start the timer, in each of its call process a part of the sening and after the job is done, stop the timer.

I‘ll come up with an example shortly ...

Please hold the line

• Oo cheers @_ki , I’ve since split it into three pads to make it all work, and wondering about breaking it down further so there’s more choice of what gets included in the randomisation, but a total single button would be good for most people...

• _ki_ki
    edited August 2020

Here‘s your version using a scheduler to split the sending into groups of 50 sends in each of the TimerEvent calls.

@OnLoad
      for op = 0 to 5
        opStart = op * 21
      endfor

schedulerRunning = NO
    @End

@OnPadDown
      if not schedulerRunning
        Log {Starting send scheduler}
        schedulerRunning = YES
        schedulerStep  = 0
        schedulerBatch = 50
        SetTimerInterval 1
        StartTimer
      endif
    @End

@OnTimer
      p_beg = schedulerStep
      p_end = schedulerStep + schedulerBatch

// Check if this is the last round
      if p_end > 143
        P_end = 143    
        StopTimer 
        schedulerRunning = NO
        Log {Stopped send scheduler}
      else
        schedulerStep = schedulerStep + schedulerBatch
      endif

for paramNo = p_beg to p_end
        data = [0x43, 0x10, 0x01, paramNo, value]
        SendSysex data, 5
      endfor 
    @End 

• _ki_ki
    edited August 2020

... Soory had to modify the example script several times... please copy the latest incarnation :)

The schedulerBatch size can be set to 63 as maximum in your case. But in general the number of sysex messages depends on the length of each of the messages - with 64x 8 bytes you can compute that the sysex buffer size is 512 bytes in total.

• Cheers @_ki

Work well once I corrected the (deliberate 🤣) mistake in my sysex construction from earlier (there’s two sets that have to be split by a 00 or 01 parameter). I’ll still have to add that exception to the for loops to get the post 127 parameters running but this mostly works now

@OnLoad
      for op = 0 to 5
        opStart = op * 21
      endfor

schedulerRunning = NO
    @End

@OnPadDown
      if not schedulerRunning
        Log {Starting send scheduler}
        schedulerRunning = YES
        schedulerStep  = 0
        schedulerBatch = 50
        SetTimerInterval 1
        StartTimer
      endif
    @End

@OnTimer
      p_beg = schedulerStep
      p_end = schedulerStep + schedulerBatch

// Check if this is the last round
      if p_end > 143
        P_end = 143    
        StopTimer 
        schedulerRunning = NO
        Log {Stopped send scheduler}
      else
        schedulerStep = schedulerStep + schedulerBatch
      endif

for paramNo = p_beg to p_end
        data = [0x43, 0x10, 0x00, paramNo, value]
        SendSysex data, 5
      endfor 
    @End 

• @_ki said:
    yes, there is a maxlimit for the sysex send buffer during a single ‚outer’ event call. With your 143 message with 5 (+3 internal) bytes you already seem to hit it.

Per the manual, a single message should not exceed 1024 bytes and there is an overall limit of 16Kb across all messages to be sent in one go. So it would appear that the message size alone is not causing the restriction (those would add up to 1144 bytes). So if the 16kB restriction is indeed the limiting factor, then the additional per-message overhead would be more than 106 bytes and -if sending 50 messages works- less than 320 bytes. (Unless there is an independent max limit on the number of messages that can be sent.)

• _ki_ki
    edited August 2020

@Tim6502 As 64*(5+3) bytes only add up to 512 bytes message length in total and 1024 are stated in the v1.3 manual, i suspect there‘s probably a limit of 64 sysex messages per event :)

I just verified this theory by reducing the number of bytes send per message to 2 and increasing schedulerBatch to 70 => which produced the Mozaic error message. 70 * (2+3) < 64*8

• @_ki @McD

I uploaded a working copy to patchstorage, it's still pretty basic barebones (tap any pad to random all 144 primary parameters) and you get plenty of non usable results but a good start...

I think I'll try and refine this one to keep the full randomisation but also have limited sets and ranges.

I've actually also started messing with metroplex and got that spitting out the right sort of sysex from its modulation sequencer so really interesting in building on that, maybe start from scratch at some point as that one is already pretty complex...

heres the patchstorage link:

https://patchstorage.com/dx-randompatch/

• @_ki said:
    @Tim6502 As 64*(5+3) bytes only add up to 512 bytes message length in total and 1024 are stated in the v1.3 manual, i suspect there‘s probably a limit of 64 sysex messages per event :)
    I just verified this theory by reducing the number of bytes send per message to 2 and increasing schedulerBatch to 70 => which produced the Mozaic error message. 70 * (2+3) < 64*8

Thanks much for checking this out @_ki! - Might also be a worth while sidenote to add to @BramBos's excellent Mozaic manual.
    For me, working on scripting for the LaunchpadX seemed to push into this territory, so I will have to re-visit what I coded there also in light of your workaround using the timer. In addition, sending many and/or big messages appears to behave much less reliably on iPhone vs. iPadPro, so there practical limits might be different still.

• @Tim6502 For slower devices it might be advisable to use a slower timer interval , maybe 10 or 20 instead of the 1msec i used in the above example.

• This is a real breakthrough... thanks @_ki for providing the right clues to make it work and @krupa for
    spending a couple weeks cracking into KQ Dixie. Someone with a real hardware synth will use this
    code as a starting point to create a Mozaic Interface for their external synth.

And then we will all start to buy external hardware devices in a mad panic to fill our basements with
    AC powered units.

• Cheers @McD , feels good to give something back here, no matter how small and it’s been relatively easy / I’ve been subconsciously thinking about it for years 🤣

Definitely thinking about what hardware I can get my mitts in for cheap or nowt, no luck so far tracing my old permaloaned cz101 though :( might try the app if when it goes on sale... and I almost bought a tx7 several times but always resisted...

Thinking that this one could be great with store / mutate functions, and once the sysex delivery process is streamlined/made into functions that should be fairly straightforward... possibly combine it with the other one in a separate page?

I’m also thinking a lot about a way to sequence this technique, a sixteen pad sequencer with some way of dialling in patches/glitches would be pretty cool I think, though I’ve found that driving this one with notes from fugue while it plays the actual synth is providing some interesting results already...

• So it’s the weekend, and the FM insanity continues. This week I have mostly been making a sequencer. This one is ripped from the ‘SQ8’ one, there’s still some bits of it hanging in there but they’ll slowly be replaced as I go. I’ve got it to a proof of concept phase I think but I’m not sure that my for loops are lining up properly, or if I’m uncovering strange artefacts that will crop up when messing with FM synths sysex in a sequencer...

https://patchstorage.com/krupka-seq/

I feel as though whichever step I edit, there’s other steps affected, particularly step one. I did originally set out to have one big array for the whole parameter set in the sequence but quickly ran into my own limitations of logic and realised that I’d get a much longer possible sequence if I gave each parameter it’s own array (I’ve got a list of nine that I think will be both enough to have control, yet few enough that I don’t hit the sysex limit and start running into delay issues.)

I also plan to have at least one performance page that will have more fine real time control and shouldn’t interfere with the sysex dumps in the main sequencer.

Any advice or comments welcome, I’m kinda trying to either convince myself to buy a volca FM and have done, or not 🤣

Cheers,

Chris

• Wee demo of the above...

• @Krupa said:

Wee demo of the above...

Cool tools for audio fools, Jewels.

I only sad that the Dexed (DX7 clone) app doesn't respond to these sysex commands too. That would have been double the fun.

• Cheers @McD progressing but a lot more copyPaste graft to come, plus some trickier problems like masking off pitch changes from carrier/modulators based on algorithm changes, but getting many more ideas as I go...

hopefully it doesn’t get too unwieldy for me to before I’m satisfied :)