Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SSL 2 & 2+ - Possible options for iOS?

Looks like SSL has two audio interfaces coming out soon. Not priced bad at all in my opinion. The site says bus powered but only list Mac/PC. I wonder if it would work on iOS devices as well. Could be an entry to the classic SSL sound on iOS devices. Thoughts?
https://www.solidstatelogic.com/interfaces

Comments

• Was going to post the same question! Following

• Listened to Sweetwaters vid. They say they're class compliant.

• no you need drivers

• Might be class compliant for the basic IO but require a driver for the "production pack" stuff? I dunno. Bus powered seems a good sign though.

To be honest, the price is actually making skeptical! Two SSL mic pres for $115 each? On which planet? Wondering if these include mass produced 'good enough' mic pres you'd find in other decent-but-not-crazy-expensive interfaces like those from MOTU, Focusrite or Presonus along with whatever might be going along electronically with the "4k super mojo" buttons.

• eh. Watched the Sweetwater video and Mitch says specifically that it's compatible with Mac (no driver needed) and Windows (driver required). He's been a champion of iOS music since iOS music was a thing; if it worked with iOS, I reckon he would have said so right there at around 4:15 in the video.

• It’s all there on the SSL site, just one click away!

https://www.solidstatelogic.com/interfaces/features

Mac OS 10.11 and above | Class-Compliant, Plug-and-play

• @mistercharlie said:
    It’s all there on the SSL site, just one click away!

https://www.solidstatelogic.com/interfaces/features

Mac OS 10.11 and above | Class-Compliant, Plug-and-play

I saw but sometimes sites don't list iOS as working but it ends up working anyway since its class compliant.

• @syrupcore said:
    Might be class compliant for the basic IO but require a driver for the "production pack" stuff? I dunno. Bus powered seems a good sign though.

To be honest, the price is actually making skeptical! Two SSL mic pres for $115 each? On which planet? Wondering if these include mass produced 'good enough' mic pres you'd find in other decent-but-not-crazy-expensive interfaces like those from MOTU, Focusrite or Presonus along with whatever might be going along electronically with the "4k super mojo" buttons.

$280 great specs midi bus powered seems really great

Plus I love the layout.