Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Request new Mozaic Scripts *HERE*

Comments

• edited January 2020

Is there any Mozaic script to control a 0-Coast? (e.g. portamento on/off/time, arp on/off/type, tempo in division value, etc.)

• @silent1 said:
    Is there any Mozaic script to control a 0-Coast? (e.g. portamento on/off/time, arp on/off/type, tempo in division value, etc.)

Is there a manual available? Post link here.

• @McD said:

@silent1 said:

Is there a manual available? Post link here.

Thanks! It's here (PDF file)
    (see page 15).

• McDMcD
    edited January 2020

@silent1 said:
    It's here (PDF file)
    (see page 15).

That looks like an excellent hardware target to automate with MIDI CC Commands.

www.makenoisemusic.com/synthesizers/ohcoast

Ideally, the script would be made by someone that owns one, has Mozaic on an IOS device,
    a CCK adapter and a USB cable.

But sending CC's out in Mozaic looks like:

@OnLoad
       ShowLayout 1
       LabelKnob 0, {Volume}
    @End

@OnKnobChange
       if LastKnob = 0
          setting = GetKnobValue 0
          SendMIDICC 0, 7, setting // send out CC#7 on channel 0
       endif
    @End

Code taken directly from the Mozaic manual and created by the man behind the curtain.
    You would just continue to add lines for all the knobs required.

• @McD said:

That looks like an excellent hardware target to automate with MIDI CC Commands.

www.makenoisemusic.com/synthesizers/ohcoast

Ideally, the script would be made by someone that owns one, has Mozaic on an IOS device,
    a CCK adapter and a USB cable.

But sending CC's out in Mozaic looks like:

@OnLoad
       ShowLayout 1
       LabelKnob 0, {Volume}
    @End

@OnKnobChange
       if LastKnob = 0
          setting = GetKnobValue 0
       endif
    @End

Code taken directly from the Mozaic manual and created by the man behind the curtain.
    You would just continue to add lines for all the knobs required.

I'll give it a try, thanks for the inputs!

• McDMcD
    edited January 2020

@silent1 said:
    I'll give it a try, thanks for the inputs!

Good man. You will add more knobs by adding:

if LastKnob = 1
          setting = GetKnobValue 0
    endif

then "if LastKnob = 2", 3,4, up to 16 max, I recall using one of the layouts.
    NOTE: the commands use Knob 0 and people think of that as Knob 1. Long story.
    Programmer's were taught to sing:

0 Little
    1 Little
    2 Little Indians

Apologies to the native americans but I needed the song reference.

• I know you script writers like a challenge and these features are available in separate scripts but I’m really in need (hopefully others are too) of an all in one solution. I would love to see an all in one Midi Filter with.... Humanizer- Midi note timing randomizer ( set range. ) Velocity Randomizer (set range), Maybe a Transposer (+/- 24 semitones), Maybe a swing too. I like to randomize both velocity and timing on several instruments but I don’t wanna add 8 Mozaics when it could possibly all be in one. Last but not least... if each pad could have its own Randomness settings and midi channel, one could use 1 Mozaic instance to apply the humanization, Velocity Randomizer, etc... for up to 16 separate separate instruments, that would be amazing.... is that last but not least part possible?

As far as Swing is concerned a Mozaic script with the ability to apply a universal swing to everything that is running in AUM would be amazing? Is that even possible/practical to do with Mozaic? If so this would be a great script and a huge help. It’s hard and annoying to try to match the swing between different apps in AUM when different apps often use different measurements and ways to apply swing. I know if I put all tracks into a DAW (ie Cubasis 2) I could do this but I mostly work in AUM and would love to be able to do this in there. Even if it’s not universal, But a way to apply the same swing to each separate instrument would be sweet.

• Doesn’t sound too hard. The pads view has 16 pads and four knobs. Each pad could manage a midi channel. Touch a pad and the four knobs could control timing, humanization, transposing, and swing for that pad’s channel. Perhaps a SHIFT function could invoke a global mode to avoid two separate plugins for what you mention above.

The part I’m not so sure about is whether it’s practical to apply swing to notes passing through Mozaic.

But from an interface point of view it seems not too difficult.

• Right on. Yea I thought the same thing but I don’t know either. Swing would really be great, but even without the swing it would be a very valuable tool.

• _ki_ki
    edited January 2020

Have a look at my CopyCat script. It can add

• static and random velocity modifications
    • static and random transpositions but still matched to a user scale, if you want to
    • random note delays for humanization
    • drop notes with a random probability

It only reads from a single midi channel and outputs up to 16 individual variations - but you could use it in a „one in“ - „one out“ configuration.

Your suggestions of „16 in“ to „16 out“ sounds like a nice idea for a related script, where i could reuse most parts of the CopyCat code. I Just finished coding and already did a lot of testing with the new 'TransformR' script :) Its really a fun thing to use.

While using/testing it with my Toggle Channels on Bar Divisions" demo session (that runs the midi of 10 sequencers into TCoBD to toggle them for live arrangements) i found so many different interesting settings for 'TransformR' that i now will add the support for multiple configs. Switching between these configs will be automatable B)

• Is there a note stacker (midi harmonizer) maybe with 7 extra notes (4 would be ok) velocity for each note. A scale output lock would be cool but not essential ;-)

• @_ki Cool. I’ll try using Copycat in a setup. Thanks.

TransformR sounds cool. Is that something that will be on Patchstorage in the near future?

• (Moved from @McD 's "Learn to Program MIDI by typing in Mozaic scripts" thread.... )

I have an idea for a Mozaic program (if it's even possible).

The script would work as a Midi Control Change Recorder.

( Is there a synth that has this feature built-in? )

The idea is to be able to have a patch loaded in a synth, then play a note while manually adjusting Frequency, or Resonance, or Pulse Width, or any CC parameter that can be controlled by a controller (like Mozaic) .

Then be able to "record" your manual adjustment with the Mozaic script. Once it's recorded, every time you press any key to play any note, Mozaic detects a @OnMIDINote Event, and Mozaic sends the synth the recorded manual CC adjustment, and the synth applies it to the patch in real time.

This is different from having an LFO modulate a CC parameter, because if you looked at a graphed curve produced by your manual adjustment, it could look like any shape, because it's manually input.

The problem I see creating a Mozaic script to do this, is it could not control a single synth polyphonically. But this could be overcome by loading (say) Three or Four AU instances of the same synth (but each instance having it's own Midi Channel). Then tell Mozaic on each new @OnMIDINote Event, to send each new Midi note you play, out to sequential Midi Channels (The same way the Oberheim SEM created polyphony by using multiple sound modules.)

To me the mind boggling programing issue, would be how to make Array code blocks that could use the output from manually changed knobs in a Mozaic layout, and both send it to the synth and record the Data at the same time, in a way that could be recorded and then recalled for playback.

It seems to me the Mozaic output would be very step-like and not smooth.

But what I wonder is if there's some type of math equation that could take a graph of plotted points, and interpolate it so the synth receives a smooth control change instead of a series of abrupt control change steps.

I'd like to think that with a program like this, you might be able to "record" multiple control changes for various synth parameters, and get consistent groups of complex control changes that would sound really cool.

With a program like this, you could run two Mozaic instances each controlling it's own "synth group".

Then imagine the possibilities for creatively "blending" the combined output from two different "synth groups" each having it's own unique control changes, timed in particular ways to create infinite numbers of unique blending techniques.
    The way I was imagining it working was to use Mozaic's own "controller layout" to send the CC's to the synth.

It could be one instance of Mozaic used for sending CC's to the synth, and another to do the recording.

Or one script handling both real time controlling of the synth, and also recording what it sends out, simultaneously.

I'm curious to hear thoughts about the suitability of Mozaic being used to make such a script.

• edited January 2020

@horsetrainer I responded in the other thread. I'll make it, some time this week or next. It was already on my list of things to make. It's basically an "Automation Recorder" that can play back when a note is played, combined with the channel rotation. LFOs can be used for smoothing if you have fewer data points, but it's not necessary for smooth, simple automation.

I could make a version like that though, or something Animoog-style, where the cursor moves at a consistent velocity, and the timing of your point placements isn't recorded. It would still be able to record points from a MIDI controller. I have various work-in-progress scripts involving graphs of points, so I've figured out the math for a lot of that stuff.

Side note, I'm almost finished with the next update of the script requested by @rs2000. The slider can jump, and the sync can be offset by fractions of a quarter note.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    TransformR sounds cool. Is that something that will be on Patchstorage in the near future?

:) Yep . I could have released the v1.0 already yesterday, the adaption of the CopyCat code to multi channel handling was straight forward and took only three hours including the debugging and testing.

But instead of doing the release screenshots etc, i decided to skip v1.0 and to add the multi configuration feature and automation. Scripting the additional GUI Took a while, but after about seven more scripting hours it seems ready and well-rounded. I‘ll just do some more testing - so you‘ll get a v2.0 right from the start ;)

BTW: I have rebranded it to MutatoR, as it mutates the midi notes information.

I will edit an introduction video during the week, which will probably be ready on the weekend and then added to the MutatoR patchstorage page.

• edited January 2020

@Skyblazer said:
    @horsetrainer I responded in the other thread. I'll make it, some time this week or next. It was already on my list of things to make. It's basically an "Automation Recorder" that can play back when a note is played, combined with the channel rotation. LFOs can be used for smoothing if you have fewer data points, but it's not necessary for smooth, simple automation.

I could make a version like that though, or something Animoog-style, where the cursor moves at a consistent velocity, and the timing of your point placements isn't recorded. It would still be able to record points from a MIDI controller. I have various work-in-progress scripts involving graphs of points, so I've figured out the math for a lot of that stuff.

Side note, I'm almost finished with the next update of the script requested by @rs2000. The slider can jump, and the sync can be offset by fractions of a quarter note.

Cool! Thank you!

I like the the idea of the recorded output being as close as possible to replicating the manually entered control change(s).

I think a program like this could be amazing when individual instances of Mozaic running the CC recorder program, are each set up to play a different synth group simultaneously. The creative synth mixing potential seems limitless.

:)

• @Skyblazer said:

It's always a joy to watch your progress and thank you very much for your continued work on it!
    This might become one great extension to ATOM which lacks CC automation, and even if it had it, it would be far less accessible than a separate AUv3 window with sliders for stepped automation. 👏👍🏼

• wimwim
    edited January 2020

@topaz said:
    Is there a note stacker (midi harmonizer) maybe with 7 extra notes (4 would be ok) velocity for each note. A scale output lock would be cool but not essential ;-)

The Chordulator has most of what you mention, if I understand you correctly. Play one note, and it will output chords in the selected scale. It can do various degrees of chords (triad, 7th, 11th, 13), and add one or two bass notes. You can't set the velocity for each note, but you can set note velocity randomization.

I'm not sure it's a fit because I'm not sure I understand the question, but maybe.

• edited January 2020

Chordulator is awesome, not quite what I meant ;-)

The script would have 1 to 8 knobs doing separate note transpose and knob 9 would lock to scale.

@wim said:

@topaz said:
    Is there a note stacker (midi harmonizer) maybe with 7 extra notes (4 would be ok) velocity for each note. A scale output lock would be cool but not essential ;-)

The Chordulator has most of what you mention, if I understand you correctly. Play one note, and it will output chords in the selected scale. It can do various degrees of chords (triad, 7th, 11th, 13), and add one or two bass notes. You can't set the velocity for each note, but you can set note velocity randomization.

I'm not sure it's a fit because I'm not sure I understand the question, but maybe.

• @topaz said:
    Chordulator is awesome, imposted here regarding this too ;-)

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/32930/mozaic-create-your-own-au-midi-plugins-out-now/p62

@wim said:

@topaz said:

Can you detail how your request differs from what the chordulator is doing? I don't think I fully understand.

• I just edited my last post :-)

@wim said:

@topaz said:
    Chordulator is awesome, imposted here regarding this too ;-)

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/32930/mozaic-create-your-own-au-midi-plugins-out-now/p62

@wim said:

@topaz said:

Can you detail how your request differs from what the chordulator is doing? I don't think I fully understand.

• edited January 2020

This was not an apple pen, ;-)

• wimwim
    edited January 2020

@topaz said:

Ahh. I think I see now.

StepPolyArp Unit with the arp mode set to Chord would do that ... and tons more.

• Sure but would be cool to have it in mozaic :-) plus add the option to send out each pitch to a separate midi channel
    And a wonderful thing happens ;-)

@wim said:

@topaz said:

Ahh. I think I see now.

StepPolyArp Unit with the arp mode set to Chord would do that ... and tons more.

• @_ki Do your thing. When it’s ready, it’s ready. No rush. I’m always happy when a new Mozaic script comes out. Cheers.

• wimwim
    edited January 2020

@topaz said:
    Sure but would be cool to have it in mozaic :-) plus add the option to send out each pitch to a separate midi channel
    And a wonderful thing happens ;-)

@wim said:

@topaz said:

Ahh. I think I see now.

Each note in StepPolyArp can be sent to a separate channel.

I get what you're saying, but I'm not too interested in writing scripts when there are apps that already do it better. I think I'll pass on this one, but maybe someone else will do it for fun. It would be a really good exercise, and not too difficult.

• ok cheers for the recommendation :-)

Each note in StepPolyArp can be sent to a separate channel.

I get what you're saying, but not sure we need scripts to do things that other apps can do better? I think I'll pass on this one, but maybe someone else will do it for fun. It would be a really good exercise, and not too difficult.

• wimwim
    edited January 2020

@topaz said:
    ok cheers for the recommendation :-)

This one actually sounds like a potential for @McD 's Mozaic learning thread. It would cover several event types, without anything being too difficult to implement.

The only catch is stuck-note prevention. If you changed midi output channel when notes are playing, you would get stuck notes for sure. Stuck note prevention can be kind of tough to implement, but could maybe be tackled as a separate exercise. Just a thought...

• Switching channels when running would not be essential ;-)

@wim said:

@topaz said:
    ok cheers for the recommendation :-)

This one actually sounds like a potential for @McD 's Mozaic learning thread. It would cover several event types, without anything being too difficult to implement.

The only catch is stuck-note prevention. If you changed midi output channel when notes are playing, you would get stuck notes for sure. Stuck note prevention can be kind of tough to implement, but could maybe be tackled as a separate exercise. Just a thought...

• edited January 2020

@topaz said:
    plus add the option to send out each pitch to a separate midi channel

That would be awesome!!!