Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Youtube Channel Improvements | TheAudioDabbler

So, now that my iPad Pro is paid off, I get to start using my YouTube and other creative revenue money for other things, I want to invest in things that will improve the quality of my channel and make it easier to get videos done. What do I invest in?

Comments

• @TheAudioDabbler said:
    So, now that my iPad Pro is paid off, I get to start using my YouTube and other creative revenue money for other things, I want to invest in things that will improve the quality of my channel and make it easier to get videos done. What do I invest in?

A multi-camera recording app? Use older iPhones and a wifi/bluetooth network.
    There's a reasonable app for the mixing station (Switcher Studio). Then you can have a screen view overhead. A phone facing you and maybe another on a guitar or keyboard and use a switcher video app.

I'm sure you'll get more advice.

Lights
    Camera
    Action

Good mic's?

A good way to do interviews via Skype? Secrets of the IOS Masters type of thing.

I don't think Lighting should be ignored for a good video series. Everything is more compelling with good colors and shading. Like a real video studio would have.

• Sound quality, first!

Viewers can tolerate bad lighting but will not forgive bad sound quality.

• @McD I was thinking getting something for another camera angle with maybe my iPhone XR, so would need a good mount for it.

I do think I want to eventually get a GoPro for some POV shots and maybe some interesting B-Roll.

Recording Skype calls....yea that could be a possibility, so a mixer with several sub channels would be good.

@MobileMusic I think I have a good setup for sound, if I use it. I have been experimenting in the last few videos with different sound/mic equipment that I have gotten sent to me by various companies but my good ol trusty VideoMicro or Zoom H4nPro is really good quality. Thinking about a boom arm clip so I can get the mic overhead and closer to me without taking up valuable desk space.

I do agree that sound trumps video but I will prolly pick up a couple of LED light panels. Maybe a good wide angle prime lens too. As the money rolls in, very, very, very, slowly.

• SynthMaster One (you probably have it already)