Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AN1 Analogue Groovebox by DesignByPaul

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1492192565

Description:

AN1 is a fun groovebox comprised of 3 analogue synths with integrated sequencers and onboard effects. AN1 exposes all synth parameters with a one knob per function paradigm, allowing for quick, fun and intuitive real-time manipulation and creation of tunes and sounds.

Features:
— 3x VA synths
— 2x LFOs per synth
— 3x 16 step sequencer
— Effects: delay, reverb, chorus
— Note frequency quantize

Comments

• Looks pretty neat. Once again sad that it’s not universal. But at that price, I’ll probably have a hard time saying no to it.

• connectivity?

• what a poor Apple store app description.
    I do not understand if it has a ableton link, if is audiobus compatible etc..
    No video attached and even only one photo.
    If anyone could help would be cool.

• @Charlesalbert said:
    what a poor Apple store app description.
    I do not understand if it has a ableton link, if is audiobus compatible etc..
    No video attached and even only one photo.
    If anyone could help would be cool.

I found this video:

• @White thanks so much😁

• Looks pretty fun. The simplicity along with separate pitch and velocity track lengths are appealing.

Anyone know what the red and white circular buttons along the bottom do? Also curious to know how the speed knob works per track—is it a division/multiple based on the master tempo or a free tempo knob?

Actually, dang. Lots of questions. LINK or other form of sync? Export/bounce options? Are patches (lower left) only for the entire three synth setup or can you recall individual synth/seq patches?

Looks like the same setup as their FM 304 app but I've never even heard of that one. https://designbypaul.co.uk/app_fm304.html

• I suspect zero connectivity like other Paul app.

• Yeah, his stuff is usually interesting, but completely bloody useless.

• Anyone has bought it?

• @cian said:
    Yeah, his stuff is usually interesting, but completely bloody useless.

SynthDrum Kick is AU.

• edited January 2020

@cian said:
    Yeah, his stuff is usually interesting, but completely bloody useless.

Not quite a review, not quite an endorsement. Sheesh.

• His stuff would be so useful if AU or even IAA/AUM/AB3 compatible. As it is...

• so it is confirmed? No external connection at all?

• It's not analogue but digital.. :)

'Virtual Analogue Groovebox' would be a better name..

• Unless it says otherwise in the description it's best to assume it does not have any external connection.

He's written one app that works as an AU (SynthKick - almost good, but kind of unfinished. This seems like a theme for him really).

• @cian said:
    Unless it says otherwise in the description it's best to assume it does not have any external connection.

He's written one app that works as an AU (SynthKick - almost good, but kind of unfinished. This seems like a theme for him really).

“... almost good, but kind of unfinished. This seems like a theme for him really)”

Amen, brother (or sister), amen.

• @cian said:
    Unless it says otherwise in the description it's best to assume it does not have any external connection.

I had high hopes for this when it came out but I find it's almost impossible to get anything decent-sounding out of it. It's unbearably unintuitive and I don't use it. I've probably deleted it.

• @JeffChasteen said:

@cian said:

“... almost good, but kind of unfinished. This seems like a theme for him really)”

Amen, brother (or sister), amen.

You guys are consistent. https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/628611/#Comment_628611

• In the spirit of trying to get them to take another go at it, I must say the video is quite poor as is.

• I bought it AN1 last week and I am preparing a video on it. So I searched the forum about it and found this thread.

Hre's a sequence I created last night:

• Yeah, its strange. These apps are very intricate and worthy of midi and the full treatment. I can also appreciate the standalone but I mean the effort put into this for such a cheap price is just odd to me. One love Paul apps@!

• Here's my complete video.

To answer the above question about the circular buttons at the bottom, they are chromatic circles. They represent the notes of a piano an switch the notes they represent on and off. When the sequencers are running they will play the closest note that are switched on. So for example you can set your composition to a particular scale or mode.

I wrote a bit more info in the video description.